Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malva, Venus Is Currently In Conflict Between 40% And 5% Tax.

Worira

Eh, The Rails need a legitimate bad guy.

Unlike many, I don't see Eclipse as that group.

Well I just don't play the places they control, since they take too much tax. Of course that means that part of the game are practically unavailable, to me, due to them alone.

where is all the crusaders for low to 0% taxes at?

Pluto? Anyone who cares for 0% tax cares for pluto because that is the best node for such things. Ironically enough they 'should' care about the other nodes but they don't.

Pluto? Anyone who cares for 0% tax cares for pluto because that is the best node for such things. Ironically enough they 'should' care about the other nodes but they don't.

so their moral high ground of sprouting to fight for low to 0% taxes is all a facade then? So this node don't provide that high a credit return so it gets ignored. that sounds of greediness to me, help whats most benefit to me regardless what I say.

Honestly even newbies know where the real credits lie.

Ceres and Pluto.

They just do their epic battlepay missions for lulz.
Kinda like guys who don't run Eclipse rails and do Eclipse rail conflicts for their battle pay.

To my knowledge you cant change the tax until the conflict is over.

To my knowledge I don't remember any DS having over 25% tax for every player so they must have changed it to 40% to get extra income once the fight is over. Base on the tribute change time they must have changed it 2 hours before the conflict happened, so now we will have a 40% tax for 3 days that is uncontestable.

To my knowledge you cant change the tax until the conflict is over.

Sorta. It cannot be change once someone challenges a rail, while the deployment / repair phase is underway. I believe it can be changed during the battle, however, if the 24 hour tax timer supports it.

so their moral high ground of sprouting to fight for low to 0% taxes is all a facade then? So this node don't provide that high a credit return so it gets ignored. that sounds of greediness to me, help whats most benefit to me regardless what I say.

I know where my allegiances are [to people who charge reasonable rates] but people at base are greedy shells and nothing but smoke and mirrors.  Sure, a few of us really do care but I bet you that a majority does not and will not care in the slightest as long as certain nodes are left alone... look at what happened to eclipse when they even tried for a second to touch the one in pluto.

Edited by Sibarian

A lot of people do care about 0% nodes, not only the one on Pluto. At the same time, it's obvious that more people will care about defending Pluto for a variety of reasons.

One of those reasons is Sechura's high credit payout. Obviously, in an environment of finite resources, given the choice between a free node on Pluto and a free node on Venus, people will prioritize Pluto ceteris paribus.

Another reason is that it's owned by a clan that a lot of frequent players trust and are loyal to at this point. SoV has earned my trust and loyalty through their consistent behavior, posts here on the forums and messages in support of other 0% clans on their node.

A final reason is that Sechura solves the collective action problem that all DS conflicts are subject to. Everyone knows to go to Sechura because they're mobilized through Reddit, Council chat, these forums and other places. A lot of players probably haven't played Malva as much as Sechura and people who have unlocked enough to reach Sechura are probably not going to be spending a lot of time in Malva.

Just to point out the obvious--because some of the people in this thread seem to not have realized this--neither of the parties to Malva are offering a 0% rail. So this isn't even the issue it's purported to be.

Anyway, it's the middle of a weekday in North America and late on a Friday night in Russia. That's another factor.

Edited by holdenagincourt