Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Conclave Rating For Tenno Spectres

Instinction

Because mods that aren't worth using on a certain build give more conclave rating than the mods that would be more useful.

For instance, Heavy Impact gives double the rating of Rending Strike, but on a slash weapon Heavy Impact is useless.

The conclave rating system assumes that you maximizes the efficiency of each mod to begin with. Which you should no matter what.

The only problem with the conclave rating is how the things are actually rated, some very good things are rated low, some things that are garbage are rated high.

Conclave rating is an arbitrary value that doesn't have much meaning.

My own Nyx struggles to a high 1400, but is one of the most powerful CC 'frames you'll ever run across. My Valkyr hits 1750, but frankly, I have no clue how this number is derived, aside from the fact she's a one forma 'frame, but a full corrupted build with extreme survivability. In a similar vein, my corrupted Trinity build hits about 1600 with as heavy a corrupted mod loadout as Valk--and five formas. Go figure.

Simply doesn't make much sense.

I think a lot of you are missing that the conclave score is a minimum and not a max. You can stick 1900 conclave points on a vapor spectre, the lowest tier, and make 10 of them for less than the cost of one of the cosmic spectres. Unless there is a power difference between each tier, it's just a waste to use the "better" ones because the exact same loadout can go on any tier.

Some people are saying the spectres don't even use mods, which, I'm not sure how that could be tested very well, but makes it even more confusing.

In a few hours when the main playerbase can test and mess with them, I think we'll have better info, but right now it certainly comes off as nonsense.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/461971414010966016

Conclave rating is an arbitrary value that doesn't have much meaning.

My own Nyx struggles to a high 1400, but is one of the most powerful CC 'frames you'll ever run across. My Valkyr hits 1750, but frankly, I have no clue how this number is derived, aside from the fact she's a one forma 'frame, but a full corrupted build with extreme survivability. In a similar vein, my corrupted Trinity build hits about 1600 with as heavy a corrupted mod loadout as Valk--and five formas. Go figure.

Simply doesn't make much sense.

You can't judge whether something is good vs tenno on the premise that it's good against AI. Valkyr beats Nyx in PVP.

Look it will never make sense. Most of us run optimized builds for what we do. Basing this solely on the mods we run and their rank is just plain silly. So many of us run low conclave point and non maxed mods because it is simply better then some of the useless high point mods or maxing them out. This system is literally silly. No one going to constantly switch to their 6 formed full corrupted gear just for this. IF they do not change something this will likely become a game element no one cares about or uses inside of a month.

Look it will never make sense. Most of us run optimized builds for what we do. Basing this solely on the mods we run and their rank is just plain silly. So many of us run low conclave point and non maxed mods because it is simply better then some of the useless high point mods or maxing them out. This system is literally silly. No one going to constantly switch to their 6 formed full corrupted gear just for this. IF they do not change something this will likely become a game element no one cares about or uses inside of a month.

this sounds more like a GOOD reason to use conclave for this. i think i like this system. either you put in the effort to get the strongest spectre, or you wil just have to settle for less. i see no problem in this conclave requirement except that DE might want to check all the conclave values of each item.

The current system keeps you from running around with a rank 0 frame and rely on the bot to clear the way. Not viable at high level, but on mid-level planets I see this happening if not kept in check. Hell I can do this with a sentinel, go figure with a full-blown bot.

Note how you have 4 slots for specters of different power levels. To me that means the game chooses one or the other depending on your frame's power level, and that if you don't load a higher level spectre the game will choose a lower level one (which won't lead to balance issues), not that you can somehow have all 4 at once.

The conclave rating is the only thing the game has to a way to check the player's gear power level.

And in conclaves it is used for the same thing. Matching players that have roughly the same power level.

So using it makes plenty of sense.

What does not make sense AT ALL is the logic behind the assignment of conclave points to specific mod/frame/weapon.

At the moment it seems more like a dice roll than anything else. DE needs to add a system to let that value be automatically determined by statistics or whatever.

Not like it's hard to check all our accounts (or run statistics on some missions at various levels) and see what is the most used weapon, most used mods, most used frames, that's at least a starting point for giving the items a conclave rating that makes some kind of sense without needing them to understand the game enough to eyeball it.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

The reasoning behind the conclave rating for the different tier of Specters is, I think, so that when they are deployed, the gear they use is also effective for their rarity. If you went and put up an unranked Excalibur with unranked Braton, Lato and Skana on a Cosmic Specter, it wouldn't last long against enemies which are geared to destroy anything that isn't Lv.40 and you'd literally waste one Cosmic Specter.

this topic just looks like some crybaby's screaming, this post is completely tarded this early after its been released, plz sit back down and extensively test it first ty.

We have. To get 1800 I need to remove some very good mods and replace them with several crap mods, to raise me from about 1300 to 1800. For something where the idea is, presumably, to have higher level specters require higher level gear setting it up so that weaker items are required to achieve the points limit is quite simply a bug.

I can't decipher any way that Conclave values aren't completely random, they certainly have little to do with power or utility or build considerations.

I was boggled when I saw that was the requirement.

I'm pretty much just not paying any attention to Spectres for now. I can walk through most missions with a standard loadout but can't build the lowest Spectre I got.

We know you're proud of Conclave, DE, so much so you shoved it out the door while everyone looked away and whined like they were being forced to play with their much younger, dorkier cousin.

But really? Shoehorning it into this?

Edited by Frigglish

Mastery Rank makes sense because if each tier of Specter is stronger than the last, then it should require a stronger player. True that a lower MR player could be better than a higher one, but the higher ones usually have more experience and better builds from playing for so long.

A MR3 for example, could have 1800 Conclave rating, but have a terrible build, while a MR15 can't get past 1,000 even though they have the better build.

I would LOVE to hear how Conclave makes sense to you.

I'd rather this be based on some kind of skill, rather than random numbers that mean NOTHING to anyone who doesn't play PvP.

A stronger player does not mean that he has a higher mastery rank, Mastery rank is concluded by XP only, Not how much high level mods you own

I feel like these arguments are not primarily based in "Spectres using the Conclave system is stupid", but are primarily based in "The conclave system is broken and stupid". Especially since the system was created to judge your skill against other Tenno, not enemy factions...

If we got Conclave 2.0 with better point tweaks, I'd say that a lot of people would be alright with the Spectres.

I feel like these arguments are not primarily based in "Spectres using the Conclave system is stupid", but are primarily based in "The conclave system is broken and stupid". Especially since the system was created to judge your skill against other Tenno, not enemy factions...

If we got Conclave 2.0 with better point tweaks, I'd say that a lot of people would be alright with the Spectres.

finaly some brains appeared.

We have. To get 1800 I need to remove some very good mods and replace them with several crap mods, to raise me from about 1300 to 1800. For something where the idea is, presumably, to have higher level specters require higher level gear setting it up so that weaker items are required to achieve the points limit is quite simply a bug.

This.

Agreed conclave system is poorly scaled.
If you just want a high C warframe click auto install on an empty loadout i suggest C i think my heavier ones are about 2000+ including sentinel

I dont see the value in even building a Cosmic spectre plastid is much harder to get  whereas nano spores, salvage and ferrite are obtained with relative ease.

Agreed conclave system is poorly scaled.

If you just want a high C warframe click auto install on an empty loadout i suggest C i think my heavier ones are about 2000+ including sentinel

I dont see the value in even building a Cosmic spectre plastid is much harder to get  whereas nano spores, salvage and ferrite are obtained with relative ease.

Ya I'm just not bothering with cosmics until something is done about this. Probably won't even use spectres ever except for maybe to see how they work. From what I hear theyre pretty terrible anyways.