Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12.3.0 - New Female Grineer Voices

Noble_Cactus

Much better than how they previously sounded. I'll say that right off the bat.

Previously, female Grineer sounded like confused turkeys. Now they sound mocking, cruel, and cunning. Just as they should be, I think. When I hear one now, I hear someone who would just love to tear you limb from limb. Not completely crazed, but bloodthirsty and in command. After all, Female Grineer hold more elite positions (iirc), and the new voices make me associate them with witch-matriarchs. Or something. At least that's what I thought when I first heard them.

Anyway, good job sound team.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Agreed. Their first voices when they were still speaking English was weird, but also nightmare-potential. When they have them their new voice with the new Grineer talks, they didn't sound threatening at all. I think "confused turkeys" is a good comparison you made.

They seem to have found the right spot now.

Oh, you know what they remind me of now, just ever so slightly? Los Ganados form Resident Evil 4:

Now this is Survival.

Which is interesting, because when I first heard the new male Grineer voices I thought for a split second that I was playing RE4 again. Those voices still give me chills.

Wanted to write my own topic about that right now, but I just stick to this then :D

My commendations for the sound team, new female Grineer voices are a definite improvement, in comparison to the really bad new Corpus voices.

Yet I have a "but" to add. I've listened to all the female units and realized, the new voices are distributed to ALL of them. Now, I know that Grineers are mainly clones, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all female soldiers are of the same branch of genetic material.

I would love to see the previous female voices being used on a different Grineer unit. I'd vote for Ballistas, since the old voice didn't sound as aggressive and frenzied which might fit a more focused type of Soldier required to handle Sniper rifles.

Diversifying sound assets will help in increasing aural depth and making out enemies just by sound alone. So like I proposed that we get the old soundset of Corpus back, and only use the new one on Prod Crewmen, I'd like to ask if we can see the old soundset of Grineer female voices on Ballistas?

Edited by Khunvyel