Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Potential Absence And Infrequent Activity (Now With Link)

Noogums

Hello, chums!

Over the last week I haven't been able to check or Curate the forums, so they're starting to get a little messy..

I feel like I owe it to you all to explain why this will be a trend in the coming months, whether you care to read on or not.

At the moment I'm in my final year studying 3D Animation, and I'm working with a team of fellow classmates to create a short film. Recently, we've had to go back and pretty much start again due to issues we felt with the plot and theme of the film, which has set us back almost two months. 

As such, we're having to work insanely hard to catch up on lost time, so my appearance over the next six months will be nigh-on non-existent at times. I'm sure that makes a lot of people quite happy.

I've cleared it all up with Rebecca. I'll still pop my head in now and then to make sure things are still running nicely, but I just ask everyone.. Please be nice, please be polite, direct, and friendly. And please search before you post. Seriously.

Anyway, best of luck and happy farming to all of you!

Regards,
Noogums

Update: Our Facebook page finally has some stuff up on it, so feel free to go check it out if you're interested! 

https://www.facebook.com/aeternum.tas

Edited by Noogums

Don't worry, you didn't. I'm not here to be famous, I'm here to do a job.

As much as you're a hundred percent correct, I just dislike excluding the members of this game's development team, so to speak. Every member should have at least a bit of recognition, for the amazing work they have done so far. I honestly felt that your name wasn't strange to me, but I have an attention deficits.

On the other hand: You should make a sticky topic related with your quote: "Please be nice, please be polite, direct, and friendly. And please search before you post. Seriously." It's hard to find a feedback post that is constructive or that is not complaining about the same issue found in many other topics.

Edited by JRMC

As much as you're a hundred percent correct, I just dislike excluding the members of this game's development team, so to speak. Every member should have at least a bit of recognition, for the amazing work they have done so far. I honestly felt that your name wasn't strange to me, but I have an attention deficits.

On the other hand: You should make a sticky topic related with your quote: "Please be nice, please be polite, direct, and friendly. And please search before you post. Seriously." It's hard to find a feedback post that is constructive or that is not complaining about the same issue found in many other topics.

I'm not really part of the development team, just somebody who's passionate about animation, and dislikes the way feedback is often given in such a disrespectful manner.

I do have a sticky topic about that, quite in-depth actually. Only problem is, I can sticky things all I want, it doesn't mean people will read it, and if they do, nothing but a polite request and my own actions are holding them to follow it.

I'm not really part of the development team, just somebody who's passionate about animation, and dislikes the way feedback is often given in such a disrespectful manner.

I do have a sticky topic about that, quite in-depth actually. Only problem is, I can sticky things all I want, it doesn't mean people will read it, and if they do, nothing but a polite request and my own actions are holding them to follow it.

Well, your work with the team, so as I see it, you're one of them, regardless whether you say you are not. And yes, people do not like giving feedback in a respectful way. That's true, and I have grown kind of sick of the community over it, so did an ex-friend of mine. He complained about them, more than I did. But, well, what can you do? It's a free-to-play game and these free-to-play communities never excel at being civilized. Though Warframe is not the first, it's one of those titles which is being hit hard on by the community itself, for some odd reason. Every other free-to-play I have ever experimented, tested on and had any experiences with, has always had a terrible publisher/developer to go with, and less of a rough time with the community. (Maybe players are e-masochists. Heh.)

Edited by JRMC

Well, your work with the team, so as I see it, you're one of them, regardless whether you say you are not. And yes, people do not like giving feedback in a respectful way. That's true, and I have grown kind of sick of the community over it, so did an ex-friend of mine. He complained about them, more than I did. But, well, what can you do? It's a free-to-play game and these free-to-play communities never excel at being civilized. Though Warframe is not the first, it's one of those titles which is being hit hard on by the community itself, for some odd reason. Every other free-to-play I have ever experimented, tested on and had any experiences with, has always had a terrible publisher/developer to go with, and less of a rough time with the community. (Maybe players are e-masochists. Heh.)

I think part of it is due to passion. They enjoy the game quite a lot so they want to ensure it carries on and go in the right direction. 

See ya later Noogums, best of luck with the project!

Edited by Naith

I think part of it is due to passion. They enjoy the game quite a lot so they want to ensure it carries on and go in the right direction. 

I'm passionate about this game and I really want to see flow the right way, as well, but I don't create topics filled with hatred, vulgarity, profanity and even aggressiveness.

Edited by JRMC

I'm passionate about this game and I really want to see flow the right way, as well, but I don't create topics filled with hatred, vulgarity, profanity and even aggressiveness.

Yeah but that's you and countless others. Then there's the other side of the community. 

Edited by Naith

Yeah but that's you and countless others. Then there's the other side of the community. 

They just don't want to/like to test. That's a fact. If they did, they wouldn't moan about a inch of a slightly blurry texture seen from a planet in a certain mission that's too far away. And yes, I am exaggerating.

Edited by JRMC

At the moment I'm in my final year studying 3D Animation, and I'm working with a team of fellow classmates to create a short film. Recently, we've had to go back and pretty much start again due to issues we felt with the plot and theme of the film, which has set us back almost two months.

Bold to give up a few months of work, but your last major film at school will stick around for awhile. Good luck!

Bold to give up a few months of work, but your last major film at school will stick around for awhile. Good luck!

It is risky, but now we have a much better story, with a much more solid and powerful metaphor behind it. We're still using some of the assets, but a lot of things got re-designed. If anyone's interested, I'll put up the Facebook page here when we've updated it to the new version so you guys can follow our progress if you'd like.

And it's been my dream to make a Warframe movie for a while now. Perhaps after this is done I'll try get those SFM Warframes into Maya so I can do some short scenes with them.

Thanks for all the support, guys!

YES.

PLEASE DO. THANK YOU NOOGUMS!

<3 <3 <3 HEARTS FOR YOU! <3

I will draw a portrait of you in any Warframe if you make a Warframe movie. And with Ember and Nova, or whoever you want. Valkyr and Nyx looks good from the back, too.

I SWEAR IT.