Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So It Just Dawned On Me... As A Newer Player, I Can Never Reach Max Level.

Hexerin

this is a very big deal for someone like me who is a completionist. knowing that i can never actually complete the game is a serious turn off. are there any plans for a way for newer players to gain levels that the removed equipment would have provided?

Currently, there's enough gear in the game to barely scrap it to MR16.

Problem is, the maximum Mastery Rank is 30. So in actuality, no one is able to reach max level. And I doubt reaching Mastery Rank 30 will only involve ranking up Warframe, gear and completing the star chart; it's likely there will be a system in place later on that will allow player to gain mastery in a continuous, steady manner.

they have mentioned a "disney vault" where occasionally they will re-re-release for a period of time.

Also, sometimes you get really lucky and some of the blueprints for non-promised exclusive/event weapons show up as a login bonus: Got the Gorgon BP that way a couple days ago, and I've heard of people lucking out and getting the Machete BP that way as well.

this is a very big deal for someone like me who is a completionist. knowing that i can never actually complete the game is a serious turn off. are there any plans for a way for newer players to gain levels that the removed equipment would have provided?

edit - DeathKoala has appeased my worries here. thanks~

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/225822-so-it-just-dawned-on-me-as-a-newer-player-i-can-never-reach-max-level/#entry2615172

For real whats wrong with u guys? Who says u never be able to complete the game or i ask another way what do u want complete here it´s an endless game? If DE stop giving us new things the game will die i mean its a F2P game, no new stuff, no money, no game.

If u missed some stuff, that happens, like in a lot of other Games of this kind. A lot of games have special event items and stuff like this. There are Mastery Ranks till 30 right now and even if u missed some weapons "older" players will just reach it earlier than u thats all.

I played a lot of other games were ppl are disapointed because they missed some events and stuff but i never saw one were ppl cry "Please give me a second chance to get it!!!" like in Warframe its really sad-.-

For real whats wrong with u guys? Who says u never be able to complete the game or i ask another way what do u want complete here it´s an endless game? If DE stop giving us new things the game will die i mean its a F2P game, no new stuff, no money, no game.

If u missed some stuff, that happens, like in a lot of other Games of this kind. A lot of games have special event items and stuff like this. There are Mastery Ranks till 30 right now and even if u missed some weapons "older" players will just reach it earlier than u thats all.

I played a lot of other games were ppl are disapointed because they missed some events and stuff but i never saw one were ppl cry "Please give me a second chance to get it!!!" like in Warframe its really sad-.-

most likely, because there is a story involved in those other games. there isnt really much else to do in this game besides get weapons and level them up.

for me it isn't about untouchables, it's about reaching full completion of core content. for example, mastery ranks = levels = core content that i must reach 100% on. on the flip side, founders gear = event gear = stuff that it would be nice to be able to gain affinity with, but isn't a problem to ignore due to being "extra/side content".

also, grinding doesn't burn me out, as i'm one of those people who genuinely enjoys grinding. well, as long as the grind serves a purpose other than just grinding for the sake of it. there's really no better feeling in RPGs than throwing on some good house/trance music and grinding XYZ mobs for XYZ reasons, be it exp, drops, whatever.

You're looking for singleplayer "completionist" mechanics in an MMO game.

You don't see what's wrong with that?

That isn't a problem with Warframe, that's your own issue.

yup, this will become more of a problem as the game matures.  I hit rank 14 today (yet to take the test) and will probably just make it to 15.  But my friends are at 16 now and I know I cannot reach it, or 17 once that becomes a possibility, because i will never have access to certain things.

I warn you however that generally speaking, people who have something, especially something that is in any way unique, will not surrender that without a fight.  The Excal. Prime debate is probably the biggest place this happens, and it is quite funny how hard people fight to keep that frame out of anyone's hands.

I have argued that it would be wise for the founders to work with DE to find a good solution rather then locking threads and putting out fires - but it will have to come from the design council.

As it stands, I will bring myself to the max I can get to and wait for the future.

thankfully I think it's mastery rank 8 you have every weapon unlocked except exclusive weapons, but it does suck that items exist that can never be gotten again. I hate that in game you cannot complete it. thankfully warframe is fun enough to overcome this issue.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/225822-so-it-just-dawned-on-me-as-a-newer-player-i-can-never-reach-max-level/#entry2615172

49336272.jpg

You're looking for singleplayer "completionist" mechanics in an MMO game.

You don't see what's wrong with that?

That isn't a problem with Warframe, that's your own issue.

no, i don't see a problem with that, because that isn't what is going on here. you should probably go ahead and re-read what i wrote since you seem to have missed comprehension of some key piece of information.

I recently hit mastery rank 15 which prior to update 13 was the highest mastery rank level reachable now (currently the highest rank right now is mastery rank 16) excluding all the founders exclusive weapons and warframes (lato, skana and excalibur) also the closed beta weapons vandal series (braton, lato and snipetron). That being said I also regret having missed out on the founders exclusive weapons and vandal series but it just goes to show that even if you miss out on certain things you'll still be able to reach the end destination you just have to keep playing the game as DE regularly releases new content on weekly basis which contains new weapons and Warframes to level and collect so till then enjoy trying out any of the 100+ weapons and 20+ warframes currently available in game :)

This again? sigh.

no, i don't see a problem with that, because that isn't what is going on here. you should probably go ahead and re-read what i wrote since you seem to have missed comprehension of some key piece of information.

It's actually you who's missing a key piece of information.

NO ONE can reach max rank at this point. No one is expected to anyway. There are also practically no benefits when you reach any rank above 8 other than the ability to deploy more Extractors. Rank 8 unlocks the last weapon left to unlock, Dragon Nikana.

Mastery ranks aren't even considered "core content" at this point.

Edited by Yurilica