The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Primes

MlSTGUN

When do you guys think the last primed warframe is going to be? Did DE ever state when they will stop making primed frames? Cause it wouldn't make sense to make a primed frame like valkyr because if you prime her it would revert her back to her true form sense she was captured by Alad V and stripped of her original powers.

Edit: Also how would we determine which frames could be primed or not?

Edited by MlSTGUN

When do you guys think the last primed warframe is going to be? Did DE ever state when they will stop making primed frames? Cause it wouldn't make sense to make a primed frame like valkyr because if you prime her it would revert her back to her true form sense she was captured by Alad V and stripped of her original powers.

If they added additional abilities for Warframes (by which I mean more abilities for Excalibur, Ember, ect. exclusively, not any of this weird "universal ability" S#&$) it could be possible. Just throwing that out there.

She would definitely be different than the current Valkyr on a visual level, and (hopefully) maybe on a power level as well. Maybe still a berserker, but not as slim, and with different powers.

Nova wouldn't make sense as a prime, because she's a result of Tenno Design Council research. Any other frame that has lore that causes them to originate from a source AFTER the fall of the Orokin would mean that a Prime version never existed. 

She would definitely be different than the current Valkyr on a visual level, and (hopefully) maybe on a power level as well. Maybe still a berserker, but not as slim, and with different powers.

Nova wouldn't make sense as a prime, because she's a result of Tenno Design Council research. Any other frame that has lore that causes them to originate from a source AFTER the fall of the Orokin would mean that a Prime version never existed. 

Went back and watched the video on it and according to that Nova wouldn't work.  We have to wait to find out what DE says about Valkyr before she was captured by the Corpus. As for Zephyr,

Tenno,

Weeks ago we received intel about a Corpus raid on a little-known independent research facility near Eris. The Corpus made off with a scientific jackpot, the formulation of a rediscovered experimental Orokin alloy called Oxium. This lighter than air alloy has already been deployed in a new drone dubbed the Oxium Osprey which forgoes its support role in favor of dynamic attacks.

With this new drone The Corpus think they have gained the upper hand, but we will use this development to our own ends. Oxium could be the cornerstone of new Warframe design but first we need to research its properties. Go into the field, take out the new Ospreys and bring back the Oxium. You will be rewarded for your efforts.

Edited by CanonessDeTylmarande

Well we know primes cannot be Nova nor Zephyr, but Valkyr could receive a prime version of what she was before.

Nova can't be prime for reasons stated in the Warframe Profile but why not Zephyr? Also Valkyr was a result of the zanuka program, a Corpus endeavor. Primes are Orokin versions, the originals, so I regret to inform you that Valkyr Prime is unlikely at best. 

Nova can't be prime for reasons stated in the Warframe Profile but why not Zephyr? Also Valkyr was a result of the zanuka program, a Corpus endeavor. Primes are Orokin versions, the originals, so I regret to inform you that Valkyr Prime is unlikely at best. 

I just read the edited post made by CanonessDeTylmarande.

Went back and watched the video on it and according to that Nova wouldn't work.  We have to wait to find out what DE says about Valkyr before she was captured by the Corpus. As for Zephyr,

Tenno,

Weeks ago we received intel about a Corpus raid on a little-known independent research facility near Eris. The Corpus made off with a scientific jackpot, the formulation of a rediscovered experimental Orokin alloy called Oxium. This lighter than air alloy has already been deployed in a new drone dubbed the Oxium Osprey which forgoes its support role in favor of dynamic attacks.

With this new drone The Corpus think they have gained the upper hand, but we will use this development to our own ends. Oxium could be the cornerstone of new Warframe design but first we need to research its properties. Go into the field, take out the new Ospreys and bring back the Oxium. You will be rewarded for your efforts.

And yes, Zephyr could totally be made a Prime as Oxium is stated as "rediscovered" and not "recently discovered" as I remembered.

As for Valkyr:

We now know that Alad V has been dissecting a captured  Warframe – codename “Valkyr” - for research in the Zanuka Project – an initiative that uses Warframe parts for the creation of new Corpus robotics with Warframe abilities.

From the https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132827-the-hunt-for-alad-v-is-on/'>The hunt for Alad V thread.

Tenno,

Notice how it's a "rediscovered" resource that's "orokin" in origin.  This would leave it open-ended enough for Zephyr to have a prime without any lore junkies freaking out too much imo. 

The fact that' it's lighter than air doesn't mean much, as that COULD have been a property discovered during the era of the Orokin, so it's a Zephyr prime still a possibility at that point.

The best argument for Zephyr being a post-Orokin race warframe would be the sentencce about how "we will use this development to our own ends. Oxium could be the cornerstone of new warframe designs..", implying Zephyr MIGHT be one of those new designs. BUT, I think that this bit of evidence would be weakened if we have more frames in the future that rely on this resource (I mean, why was Hydroid Argon? Can't think of a reason beyond putting up an RNG wall)

Eventually it will lead to gender opposites with new powers, and primes of those. They can easily keep it going for years tell the game just outright dies.

I think they already stated that their not doing gender opposite frames.

Don't think it was ever ruled out. Just that if they did so, they would be unique past sharing the same element.

Plus livestream chat is hardly infallible and unwavering guidelines to future development.

If they added additional abilities for Warframes (by which I mean more abilities for Excalibur, Ember, ect. exclusively, not any of this weird "universal ability" S#&$) it could be possible. Just throwing that out there.

DE is actually developing generic abilities. A few months back there was a thread in Design Council asking for ideas. ;)

Valkyr was captured and tortured by the Corpus. The story behind the Zanuka Program suggests that Valkyr was an early attempt at mind control, but then they decided it was much easier just to cut up multiple warframes and piece them back together with some AI proxy. Valkyr wasn't made by the Corpus.

They said no gender change option for preexisting warframes. They said if it comes down to it, they will consider new warframes of the same theme, but opposite gender with different abilities that could possibly be interchanged with their counterparts.

Nova makes sense if they decide on a Prime. Otherwise Volt.

Nova doesn't make sense at all. There is no Orokin version of Nova or Zephyr as both are new frames created within the current Warframe time.

Also, for those saying Prime means original, it does not. It means Orokin. The Primes are the Orokin warframes, not the "original". The original Valkyr is merely the Valkyr without it's armor stripped off. You get an idea of the armor from the teal half of Valkyr's face, that matches color with Zanuka. The best idea of what Valkyr looked like is looking at Zanuka.,

probably Loki Prime next, some female prime after that (I'd want Nyx Prime to come out as a female Excalibur Prime).

Nyx Prime would be KICKASS! I'm going to start making Primes after they give me Loki Prime, and if they release Nyx Prime after that: TAKE MY MONEY DE!!!!!

I vaguely remember hearing, either here on the forums, or a livestream, that everyone up to Vauban would get a prime.

Meaning the most recent frames, Valkyr, Oberon, Neckros, zepher, & Hydroid would not.

I vaguely remember hearing, either here on the forums, or a livestream, that everyone up to Vauban would get a prime.

Meaning the most recent frames, Valkyr, Oberon, Neckros, zepher, & Hydroid would not.

Glad I made my own Nekros Prime then!

I honestly think we're forgetting something.

Orokin sentries. What if a Valkyr was captured at one point and was converted into a "prime" by the sentry and said Valkyr "Prime" was rescued and the effects of the sentry were cleared of her mind, but the effects on her body and armor couldn't be reversed.

Ding.