Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Arcane Helmet's Tradeable, Or The Bp's Are?

Yeah definitely a bad idea. Exclusive items that have tradability to them are never a good idea (ie. Primed Chamber). In our unstable trading economy, making something so volatile tradeable could have some major consequences.  

See I don't really understand this. Does anyone have a link to an article of text that could help me understand why this is, I'm just no good at economics.

See I don't really understand this. Does anyone have a link to an article of text that could help me understand why this is, I'm just no good at economics.

You see, many people are already fed up with tradable exclusive content, such as the Tethra and Cicero mods that trade for hundreds of platinum, knowing that there is a high probability that they will be released to the public later as general drops or under a system such as Nightmare. While that is a different scenario than what we have with the Arcane helmets, the principal is still the same.

With Arcane helmets, they are going away, not coming back. Therefore they will only ever go up in value as time passes, just like a vintage car. In a few months, or possibly even less, high priority Arcane helmets like the Vanguard helmet could be going for hundreds of platinum. I myself have 6 unused Bp's of them sitting in my inventory. People will have to pay hundreds of plat for something the person bought for 75 plat at most - all because the person looking for it was a week or two late to the game. Does that really seem fair to the newer players?

People will have to pay hundreds of plat for something the person bought for 75 plat at most - all because the person looking for it was a week or two late to the game. Does that really seem fair to the newer players?

Making them tradable is the only way to actually make it fair to new players/players that joined after the update...

Fair in the sense that now they have a chance to get the stat boost items just like us... Also they would have to buy platinum to trade the helm so DE wins.

Either way Im one of the guys that believes the stats should be removed off all helms old and new completely and just be used as cosmetic items...

Making them tradable is the only way to actually make it fair to new players/players that joined after the update...

Fair in the sense that now they have a chance to get the stat boost items just like us... Also they would have to buy platinum to trade the helm so DE wins.

Either way Im one of the guys that believes the stats should be removed off all helms old and new completely and just be used as cosmetic items...

Same. I decided that if they give the option I am gonna trade them all in for standard helms. I know plenty wouldn't but that's my plan.

You see, many people are already fed up with tradable exclusive content, such as the Tethra and Cicero mods that trade for hundreds of platinum, knowing that there is a high probability that they will be released to the public later as general drops or under a system such as Nightmare. While that is a different scenario than what we have with the Arcane helmets, the principal is still the same.

With Arcane helmets, they are going away, not coming back. Therefore they will only ever go up in value as time passes, just like a vintage car. In a few months, or possibly even less, high priority Arcane helmets like the Vanguard helmet could be going for hundreds of platinum. I myself have 6 unused Bp's of them sitting in my inventory. People will have to pay hundreds of plat for something the person bought for 75 plat at most - all because the person looking for it was a week or two late to the game. Does that really seem fair to the newer players?

Sometimes I have a feeling that every carebear in the world is playing Warframe.

One person sells Vanguard helmet for over 9000 plat. Other person buys it.

Was it their sane decision to make this trade? Yes.

Does the seller force buyer to make this trade? No.

Is this item absolutely necessary to have to successfully play the game? No.

But no, says Peter the Carebear, I'm offended by this deal which is none of my business, the deal made by two capable and sane men. So we must state a restriction so that my sense of fairness would not be offended.

---

By implying such restrictions you just deny everybody except yourself right to make their own responsible decisions. Because you know better, what they should do and how they should spend their money, right? 

Edited by Khranitel