The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Closed

Xarteros

This could either be mandatory or optional

It better be optional.

How would that work with weapons that come with an extra polarity? What if someone forma'd all their slots already? The weapon building idea is okay, but I don't like the change to the lore. I'd rather prime weaponry stick to tenno weapons. Corpus and Grineer already have their own 'prime-like' upgrade.

Who says the Corpus didn't just reverse engineer the Latron and Braton from the Prime versions and sold them as "Mainstream Guns" to everyone who could afford them? Atleast that's the lore i make up for myself since DE doesn't do it and it makes sense.

Won't happen.

Primes are Primes because their entire structure is Orokin in nature, from start to finish.  All the parts are on a completely different level than the non-prime versions, lore-wise.  Why do you think we have to find them?  It's also already been established that the Orokin were worlds apart from the Grineer and Corpus in terms of tech level, and the Void causes temporal complications (showcased in the Argon Crystal) that can affect the longevity of quality.

And DE won't ever allow potatoes to transfer.  That just makes zero logical sense from a business perspective.

For the Braton and Lato, why couldn't they be Corpus tech that were attempts at reverse engineering Primes? We know that this is the case with the Burston, which also has the same aesthetic as the Braton, and yet the Burston Prime mentions weapons that have been reverse engineered to try and emulate it. So the Braton and Lato are likely to be Corpus weapons reverse engineered from the Braton Prime and Lato Prime respectively. It doesn't really break lore, and is a reasonable explanation for it

Who says the Corpus didn't just reverse engineer the Latron and Braton from the Prime versions and sold them as "Mainstream Guns" to everyone who could afford them? Atleast that's the lore i make up for myself since DE doesn't do it and it makes sense.

This is what happened. Thats why the braton and latron are considered Corpus weapons. Hence the braton hologram in the energy lab

Edited by Liverslices

The only issue with this is that DE has expressed a desire to not allow people to just stock pile all of the mats needed before hand and blow through all the content of an update instantly(see the argon crystals and their justification for it).

The idea your suggesting would allow me to stockpile dozens and dozens of every single prime component, since they are all interchangeable now, and then instantly make any prime weapon that comes along as soon as I can grab the main BP (usually the easiest part to get).
That would seriously reduce the longevity of the content updates for prime gear.

Further the usage of the 'base' weapon had best be optional.
Especially since I have used a lot of forma, and to suddenly have all that forma wasted would be quite a shame.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Wow, does nobody read my simple request to not post unless it's something constructive?

They're worlds apart from Corpus and Grineer, yet Corpus have begun augmenting Warframes, and Grineer managed to stabilize the void using an old toaster and some duct-tape (captain Vor video)

The only single thing in this entire game that has 'temporal complications' is Argon crystal. Our guns don't degrade, the Warframes don't degrade, keys don't degrade, so that point makes no sense. 

And Zero logical sense is a huge overstatement. By your own logic, it would be better for DE to make potatoes cost $50 each and only last a week, from a business perspective. From a realistic business perspective, making something more available often ends up making it more profitable, within certain margins. 

Making potatoes transferable to direct upgrade weapons would cost them very little in regards to actual potential profit, but more people might be likely to buy platinum if they know they won't be wasting their potatoes eventually. I personally would have bought more platinum if I knew that potatoes would transfer into direct upgrades, and I would buy a potato for most weapons I use, instead of being incredibly selective about which weapons I put potatoes into. So yeah, makes quite a bit more sense than 'zero'.

1) Both technologies you mention are still lightyears behind the implied technology level of the Orokin.

2) You applied an in-game mechanic to a lore logic comment and failed.  Argon Crystals decay when removed from the Void because the Void has a temporal affect on them to prevent their natural decay. This means that the mechanical quality of the Prime parts is as good as they were when they were first created (Orokin peak period).  Thus, lore explanation of quality remaining from Orokin loss to present.

3) Zero logical sense in business means anything that causes a loss of immediate profit without resulting in a net gain through increased sales  Your suggestion does not result in increased sales unless you are forced to pay platinum to perform the upgrade in the first place.

4) Your example provides that you would only buy potatoes for those weapons that would upgrade (a very slim number), and only when they have an upgrade to go to (discounts future Prime releases).  This is not where most people put their potatoes: they put them on the weapons they find most entertaining.  For many, this means the non-Prime version of a weapon until they are capable of farming the parts for the Prime version, at which point a second potato is purchased to place on the Prime version.  Your logic results in a guaranteed loss for DE.

Edited by Seasonsofclarity