Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Attacks During Missions, Were They Removed?

I remember back then when I played a corpus node and after completing the objective, Grineer enemies showed up attacking me and the corpus. Sometimes, its the infested who were attacking. Having that three-way firefight was fun. 

I though this feature was stealth removed since I don't see it anymore plus the addition of invasion made it more unnecessary to include this feature. But yesterday,my brother was playing  Xini with the usual Corpus enemies. I was watching him play when suddenly, infested units starts appearing and attacking him and the corpus. The rest of the waves were composed of infested enemies.

Wiki says that this does not happen on defense and no removal of the feature was mentioned

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Environmental_Hazards#Faction_Wars

Has anyone still experiencing these faction wars or were they completely moved and modified to invasion missions?

I haven't seen this feature happen in quite some time; they may have indeed removed it. However, what'd be really cool is if they bring it back in a way a friend of mine was talking about.

Basically, when an invasion starts on a node, your current objective is instantly wiped and you suddenly start attacking whatever appears just to get out, with lotus saying something like "an invasion just started here" or whatever. I think it'd be a pretty cool way to make the missions have more dynamic potential.

I experienced a change from Grineer to Corpus on an Exterminate run just last week, so yes they're still here. However, tie chance of it happening on the normal solar system missions is quite rare. Derelicts have a much larger chance of faction changes though.

I really wish it was more frequent in the solar system and not just on the Derelicts. Maybe not on Mercury, Venus, and Earth (to try being considerate to new players) but for all the other locations there should be higher chances of random faction intervention in any mission. It would add a lot to the feeling of a solar system in constant conflict. 

It still happens on normal modes but it is incredibly rare.  And that is not that bad of a thing IMO.  I mean, with how disparate the damage tables are you can gear up for one faction and then the other faction invades and then its "Welp, my damage is now utter crap against these enemies...looks like RNG just doesn't want me to do anything"

If the damage tables were a bit closer so that if you brought 2 or 3 weapons for the faction you were aiming to fight you weren't near useless against the other factions if they invade it would be one thing.  But when Grineer invade and bring a lot of heavies and you were fighting corpus and weren't using radiation or corrosive you're just SOL and in for a painful time with nearly no way to remedy it.

If they are ever going to increase the chances of invasions in normal missions they need to make a few elements that are decent (or at least have zero penalty) against *everything* so if you only want to use one or two weapons you wont suddenly find it impossible to get past the heavy units from the invading faction.
But with how the damage tables currently are the invasions of a different faction are just annoying and really serve no other purpose than to have the RNG screw you over in a different way.

And I dont see what's so fun to have a bigger chance of the RNG nearly invalidating 1/3 to 1/2 of your weapons, or having to gimp 1/3 to 1/2 of your weapons for teh faction you came to fight just on the off chance that another faction will invade...

For some weird reason, I was playing a Dark Sector mission (no idea where) solo and I'd collected my usual Shockwave MOA army on a Corpus Defense tileset. Then, halfway through a wave, I saw a Prod Crewman run up to the pod - naturally, I killed him on sight without even thinking about it and thought 'oh my god, it's Derf Anyo or John Prodman come to pay me a visit'. So I lamented a while, horrified that I'd killed one of the two greatest heroes of Warframe - until I realised the Infested were nowhere near the pod and were busy getting slaughtered by a small army of Corpus that had arrived. There I was, thinking 'wat' as chaos unfolded. So I laughed, stayed on for 20 minutes while they killed each other, went on the Warframe forums and pretty much just pulled up a deck chair on the pod with a glass of red wine (because Nyx).

Edited by Blackout751

I've seen it happen a lot on ODE vault runs.  Last week I had 3 out of 5 runs with Grineer invading.

I haven't seen it on regular missions in a very very long time... but I also don't play very many non- defense/survival/void missions anymore.

For some weird reason, I was playing a Dark Sector mission (no idea where) solo and I'd collected my usual Shockwave MOA army on a Corpus Defense tileset. Then, halfway through a wave, I saw a Prod Crewman run up to the pod - naturally, I killed him on sight without even thinking about it and thought 'oh my god, it's Derf Anyo or John Prodman come to pay me a visit'. So I lamented a while, horrified that I'd killed one of the two greatest heroes of Warframe - until I realised the Infested were nowhere near the pod and were busy getting slaughtered by a small army of Corpus that had arrived. There I was, thinking 'wat' as chaos unfolded. So I laughed, stayed on for 20 minutes while they killed each other, went on the Warframe forums and pretty much just pulled up a deck chair on the pod with a glass of red wine (because Nyx).

that would be Yursa on Neptune