Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

Umm  Sorry but Excalibur has has his balance pass. 

Though DE do constant looks at all warframes I am afraid we should not expect any big changes for Excalibur anytime soon. Realistically we can expect maybe a augment mod or two and that's it. 

Umm  Sorry but Excalibur has has his balance pass. 

Though DE do constant looks at all warframes I am afraid we should not expect any big changes for Excalibur anytime soon. Realistically we can expect maybe a augment mod or two and that's it. 

what?? so because they balanced him once, which we all here find extremely lacking btw, they can´t do so again??!!

recockgnized....  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have to agree with the guys on the first page though, if it ain't broke don't fix it, I think excal's abilities are fine. I just want dexcalibur already.

I do like the idea of making super jump a charged jump and the super charge augment. they are cool.

Edited by VYR3

Excaliburs Melee Hit Counter remains x% (~100-150 sounds good to me) longer then normal!

No... Having a unconditional stat boost is unfair.

Mesa's passive only works:

• +10% fire rate on dual pistols.
  • +20% reload speed for single sidearms.
  • +50 Health when melee weapon is not equipped.

All these are reliant on your load out.

Excalibro's a sword guy, he shouldn't get this bonus nillywilly.

50% increase in melee counter reset time sounds good for dual swords

25% increase in attack speed on single swords

20 bonus armor (or 50 bonus stamina) when using swords

Edited by MemeticRepo

what?? so because they balanced him once, which we all here find extremely lacking btw, they can´t do so again??!!

THough its not out of the question I highly doubt we will see a review of excaliburs abilities like what we got recently any time soon.

Historically balancing and changes to frames come very slowly. Once a frame gets a overhaul it does not normally get another update for quite some time.

I am not saying it wont happen I am just basing this on the almost two years of warframe since open beta.

THough its not out of the question I highly doubt we will see a review of excaliburs abilities like what we got recently any time soon.

Historically balancing and changes to frames come very slowly. Once a frame gets a overhaul it does not normally get another update for quite some time.

I am not saying it wont happen I am just basing this on the almost two years of warframe since open beta.

while that might be true, the fact remains that the only thing we can do is talk about what we find to be bad about him and what we like to see changed! The circumstance that he might not get a revision soon is not connected to our desire to see it or our arguments about what is bad about Excaliburs Ability set up.

I pray to God we don't see anything like what we saw recently.  It was a let-down to the majority of the xcal-playing community.  

- A big nerf to Radial Blind's effectiveness...which I don't disagree with, but don't start with one of the weakest frames

- A blanket alignment of Radial Javelin with all other nukes...which nobody was asking for

- A cloaked-while-jumping Super Jump...which most people wanted radically changed in general

- Adding insult to injury, in the same patch, Slash Dash was made obsolete via Melee Directional Attacks

- Nerf to Radial Javelin for reasons beyond Radial Javelin

- Un-nerfing of Radial Javelin due to massive uproar

- Addition of a combo counter augment for Slash Dash...which was a slap in the face of all feedback

- Addition of a combo counter on Slash Dash due to massive uproar

So no, I don't want to see any of that again.

Why do people keep asking for xcal changes?  He didn't get touched in any of the areas people were giving feedback about in the first place, that's why.

Edited by Thaumatos

It was a net loss IMO. They took the only skill that made him viable and nerfed it to the ground and then gave his number 4 skill a slight buff which is still useless outside of rep farming. If that last balance pass was a "buff" then no thanks.

I pray to God we don't see anything like what we saw recently.  It was a let-down to the majority of the xcal-playing community.  

- A big nerf to Radial Blind's effectiveness...which I don't disagree with, but don't start with one of the weakest frames

- A blanket alignment of Radial Javelin with all other nukes...which nobody was asking for

- A cloaked-while-jumping Super Jump...which most people wanted radically changed in general

- Adding insult to injury, in the same patch, Slash Dash was made obsolete via Melee Directional Attacks

- Addition of a combo counter augment for Slash Dash...which was a slap in the face of all feedback

Why do people keep asking for xcal changes?  He didn't get touched in any of the areas people were giving feedback about in the first place, that's why.

Exactly! All this despite the polls were asking for something different....

see, DE still refuse to admit that the problem with excalibur is the RANGE of his abilities, not the effect. blinding through walls for over 50m is OP sure, nerf the range. dont make it useless even in 20m. radial javelin is used in afk farming, why? its range. cut the range and remove LoS, so normal players can still utilize radial javelin through the battlefield, while afk farming is no longer possible.

maybe DE is so persistent on keeping the range as a feature, but it doesnt really make any sense, since many players consider excalibur a "melee" frame, even DE releases melee focus augment mods on excalibur

Edited by Eric1738

So now it turns out LoS Excal is 'how it was always meant to be'. May I ask then, what was the point of intentionally removing it as part of explicitly stated balance changes a while ago?

There is no reason. As usually DE is just messing around instead of fixing the problem. As in all past updates.

Remember this post?

Yeah....

I guess my prayers went unheeded.  Probably means I need to go back to church or something...I don't know.  There's a pun in there somewhere but I'm too mentally and emotionally drained for this nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing I REALLY DONT WANT TO SEE, is that excal gets an ability with a forced weapon of choice, I doooooooont want another valkyr, I want excal and valkyr to both be awesome melee frames but that are distinct from each other, I only use valkyr and excal and I don't want them feeling the same, so no, I wouldn't wanna see an ethereal or whatever skana as a weapon to use, I wanna use my dual swords, I wanna use my redeemer, I wanna use my Dakar prime with an ability to boost

The one thing I REALLY DONT WANT TO SEE, is that excal gets an ability with a forced weapon of choice, I doooooooont want another valkyr, I want excal and valkyr to both be awesome melee frames but that are distinct from each other, I only use valkyr and excal and I don't want them feeling the same, so no, I wouldn't wanna see an ethereal or whatever skana as a weapon to use, I wanna use my dual swords, I wanna use my redeemer, I wanna use my Dakar prime with an ability to boost

Agreed. If Super Jump's is replaced, I'm fine with it being a buff ability which grants those energy waves thingies for ANY melee weapon, not just for one forced non-varied weapon, Valkyr is bad enough with that already. Variety is the spice of life after all, and it is kind of the selling point of Warframe too.

Excaliburs Melee Hit Counter remains x% (~100-150 sounds good to me) longer then normal!

No... Having a unconditional stat boost is unfair.

Mesa's passive only works:

• +10% fire rate on dual pistols.
  • +20% reload speed for single sidearms.
  • +50 Health when melee weapon is not equipped.

All these are reliant on your load out.

Excalibro's a sword guy, he shouldn't get this bonus nillywilly.

50% increase in melee counter reset time sounds good for dual swords

25% increase in attack speed on single swords

20 bonus armor (or 50 bonus stamina) when using swords

Unconditional stat boosts are the BEST, because they don't limit your choices.

Besides, the passives for Mesa - they are quite non-specific, benefitting ANY kind of pistol or pistol-pair. If you'd like semi-conditional statboosts for Excalibur in a similar way, then you should have said:

50% increase in melee counter reset time sounds good for dual MELEE

25% increase in attack speed on single MELEE

20 bonus armor (or 50 bonus stamina) when EQUIPPING MELEE

But I digress, those are still too specific imo. Having a plain duration bonus on the combo counter sounds like a great niche for Excalibur, the Combo King.