The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

I can see Excalibur going the same way frost went nerf the one main ability radial blind and add a tiny inch of silly tweaks and a bit of damage. don't see a frost any more wont be seeing Excalibur anymore. I saw the dev stream, slash dash wasn't mentioned and yet it does less than the upgraded versions such as rhino charge and tidal surge. same goes for super jump, zephr will still have a better ability.

I completely agree! To not touch Slash Dash at all is the biggest mistake they could have made, it is (for me) the Trade Mark Warframe Ability and it´s complete garbage, i mean just the last few weaks have proven it more then anything else, we all have seen the millions of posts saying: "I use Slash Dash only for Mobility!"

The Super Jump change seems completely pointless to me, it´s way to situational to begin with, Zephyr has the superior version in every way and they are realeasing an directional "air mellee" move which outclasses it by default.... they even showed it in the same livestream, i mean come on, nobody at your studio noticed that Super Jump is completely unneccessary now???

Radial Javelin is ok i guess, it really depends on how effective the stun will be, but i´d still say that it´s just time to rework the Ability completely. It lacks in so many ways which this change won´t fix.

I completely agree! To not touch Slash Dash at all is the biggest mistake they could have made, it is (for me) the Trade Mark Warframe Ability and it´s complete garbage, i mean just the last few weaks have proven it more then anything else, we all have seen the millions of posts saying: "I use Slash Dash only for Mobility!"

The Super Jump change seems completely pointless to me, it´s way to situational to begin with, Zephyr has the superior version in every way and they are realeasing an directional "air mellee" move which outclasses it by default.... they even showed it in the same livestream, i mean come on, nobody at your studio noticed that Super Jump is completely unneccessary now???

Radial Javelin is ok i guess, it really depends on how effective the stun will be, but i´d still say that it´s just time to rework the Ability completely. It lacks in so many ways which this change won´t fix.

Agreed slash dash and super jump even radial javelin is out classed by other skills that are near enough just an upgrade to his skills.

He either needs a total new skill set or the skill buffed right not just tweaks here and there

So many people have proposed better and alternative ways to buff or a new ability. I hardly play warframe since the frost need and Excalibur and nux where my alternative frames but since Excalibur is being nerfed and they haven't even fixed nyxs physic bolts and the absorb being effected by friendly fire wasting energy. I read near enough only the forum for hope of listening to the player base

Agree, but please be patient and respectful of DE. There's no need to act in a kiddish manner.

Most are being respectfull but just stating an opinion such as saying they don't listen which is fine it's when people say there ..... Which no one is i don't think. But you got to admit there balancing of frames and weapons and stuff is not exactly gd balancing.

you talking about my pruposals or DE´s?

All of them. I dont see DE mentioning damage at all, they just make ult more reliable.

If you are to rework a damage ability then make it deal good damage, or its useless beyond midlevels especially vs armor and pathetic compared to well-moded weapons damage. I would give it fixed damage+ 25% of target hp to make the ability scale but not become op.

Well, this appiles to all abilities that only do damage ( I'm looking at you Ember ) 

At least Ember can kill all the DE-Approved Content (below lvl35) with abilities alone. Ash is good up till really high levels (~100 lvl void)  due to armor ignore and stacking bleed procs.

I don't like to post on the forums, nor do I want to.

However, if DE really release these changes to Excalibur as is, they would have single-handedly destroy their mascot for this game and I would cease to acknowledge Excalibur's existence in warframe.

They should just add Loki to the game's cover instead.

Edited by xenonox

It comes from literally hundreds of posts stretched across 3 major updates without hearing one word from DE about xcal.

I'm telling you guys, they want him to die off because his prime is a founder's exclusive.  That's the only logical reason.

They even gave Ash's Bladestorm damage based on the hit counter.  Something Slash Dash should have above all else and they've proven it isn't hard to do.

That's funny lol, Excal has always been my favorite frame, and I've always wanted the prime (I'm newer player, by the time I started playing the bundle was gone sadly) because the shield recovery speed difference technically makes him better, but now that excalibur is going to be garbage, I in all honesty will probably never use him again because of the lack of utility and under powered damage skills. And in consequence, I've lost interest in excal prime lol.

My best suggestion besides the suggestions in this thread is watch Devstream#39 and make our concerns over Excalibur clear. They may reconsider if the public agrees on this almost unanimously.

Where can we tell DE our thoughts though? From what i've noticed they don't seem to pay attention to the forums very much.

Other than dev streams I mean, I'm occupied during that time.

Edited by Flowen231

Where can we tell DE our thoughts though? From what i've noticed they don't seem to pay attention to the forums very much.

Other than dev streams I mean, I'm occupied during that time.

That's it in a nutshell--devstreams. Besides a choice few threads being noticed at a slim window of time DE deems convenient, we rely on our community moderators to make a stand as more influential members who can bring subjects to DE's feedback oriented crew, of which Drew, Megan, and Rebecca are most prominent as of recently.

I like the super charge, with the new melee direction jump attack there really is no need for super jump. radial javelin is a weird one to me. yes it can miss annd yes the javelins dont do much damage but those two things are actually part of why it can be good. the javelins do damage per javelin and i have had plenty of occation where several javs have hit a single high level enemy and kill it....really kill it. ash is the only other frame that actually has an ult that can hit the same enemy more than once in a single cast (not counting ults that do damage over time i.e. mirage and banshee). if we give it auto targeting, it wont be able to do that anymore. I would be super happy with more punch through, damage, and a faster animation time - but really dont need additional damage if you can muster the courage to get in close on that one problematic napalm.

definitely got my +1 overall!

Maybe Excalibur wouldn't be so boring anymore if these were actually used... Nice work OP.

Just an idea, what if Super Jump was directional, and could be used for huge horizontal jumps, with an AOE knockdown at the end?

To be honest with upcoming aerial / directional melee - I see no point in having a skill like Super Jump in Excal skillset.

Only that bang at the end with AoE knockdown would be of any use