Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber On The Burston Prime?

I discussed this a little bit in one of my other threads but I wanted more opinions on this matter.  I've been experimenting putting Heavy Caliber on my Burston P and the results haven't been as convincing as I hoped.  I want my Burston P to be a general-use and accurate assault rifle that I can just use to plunk through most normal missions, saving heavy-duty DPS/mob-killing for things like the Boltor Prime, Ogris, and Penta (e.g. Defense).  What I noticed is that the Burston Prime kills all normal mobs on the map in in one burst without the use of Heavy Caliber.  However, with Heavy Caliber, it does a lot more damage to heavy units and can turn 3 burst TTK into 2 burst TTK.  Unfortunately, the accuracy that I treasure so much on the gun goes to garbage and at midrange and further the spread looks like something from a Supra (I'm exaggerating, but you get my point).  Anyway, just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else was thinking about this.  Thanks.

I would not use Heavy Caliber on the Burston Prime, because its accuracy is something that i value on it, its not like the Boltor Prime which the spread barely does any difference.

This was my train of thought.  I'd rather save the Heavy Caliber for situations where I actually need it, not the usual run-and-gun stuff.

Any high-accuracy weapon will be horribly crippled by Heavy Caliber. Deras turn into Grakatas. Anything with low accuracy already won't suffer much of a penalty from it. Grakatas become angry Grakatas.

You get the idea.

I suspected this was the case.  Thanks for the tip.

I've tried it on and off, and imo the bursty is such a precise, accurate and flexible gun that the HC mod just totally ruins the 'feel' of the weapon to me,
Also its such a status beast that it doesn't really require that xtra damage.
If you REALLY require more raw DPS then bring another gun!

I personally have mine with Shred and Speed Trigger on instead for an insane fire rate between bursts.

I've tried it on and off, and imo the bursty is such a precise, accurate and flexible gun that the HC mod just totally ruins the 'feel' of the weapon to me,

Also its such a status beast that it doesn't really require that xtra damage.

If you REALLY require more raw DPS then bring another gun!

I personally have mine with Shred and Speed Trigger on instead for an insane fire rate between bursts.

I've considered putting both Shred and Speed Trigger on my Burston Prime, but I prefer to put an extra damage mod (like Wildfire) instead because when FPS lag hits I want more damage per shot instead of raw DPS (still can't figure out why they can't fix that after more than a year).  Plus it would probably make me more inclined to spray...and if I want to spray DPS I'm better off with a Boltor Prime.

I don't use it on mine. Too much of an accuracy degradation.

I value its long range accuracy and ability to make triple headshots on demand a bit too much to drop it to around 12-13 accuracy.

You're better off using a bane mod in place of HC.  

i definately prefer Burston Prime with a maxed Heavy Caliber, have very little problems with accuracy and just close range to negate it which is totally worth the extra damage taking down heavy units faster 

when i want weakspot accuracy i switch out to Latron Prime

I use a maxed out heavy caliber and the results are pretty much mixed. Sometimes due to the accuracy loss all the bullets will hit the same spot while other times a bullet will be off target. However most of the time the accuracy loss is unnoticeable unless you are trying to hit enemies at extreme distances, then you will be missing your target.

Your preference on it really, do you want more damage per bullet with a chance to miss or less damage and higher accuracy?