Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Another Warframe Balancing Update Comes And Goes...

Ryusuta

The shifting balance curve should result in oberon being a better choice. He isn't underpowered at all, just outclassed.

Even with Trinity's nerf she is still massively more useful in both teams and solo than Oberon. the problem with Oberon is he doesn't do anything well. He doesn't heal well, he doesn't damage well, he doesn't tank well, he doesn't distract well...

Now while I appreciate he's supposed to be a sort of jack-of-all-trades, he really doesn't even manage that. Warframe is a game of niches. And Oberon has none. If he were just a little bit more capable as a healer or a fighter - not a lot, but a little - he would be worthwhile.

And I don't like complaining about him. Because I LIKE Oberon. i think he's a great concept for a character. I love his aesthetic design as well, which kind of reminds me of a kirin (a Chinese unicorn). But I think he really does need something extra.

They've said quite a bit that this is their first balance pass, he will be addressed in time.

I suppose you're right. it was a little unfair of me to rush to such a conclusion.

Can you seriously call this BALANCING?  DE is actively killing its own game.   What do I have to do after DE removes any feasible aspect past wave 25?

That's a bit harsh, man. It's still the same game it was yesterday. Honestly, Trinity needed to be rebalanced a bit. I'm a Trinity player and I'm more than willing to admit she was just way too strong. Even if you don't agree with everything they've changed, that doesn't mean the game itself has gone wrong somehow.

Can you seriously call this BALANCING?  DE is actively killing its own game.   What do I have to do after DE removes any feasible aspect past wave 25?

she i quite fine even after this update. You just need to find a way on how to play her now.

people need to use their brains, and find solutions with gameplay. Whining wont solve anything.

Is Oberon really that unbalanced? I haven't played him recently, so I'm not asking out of incredulity, more curiosity.

not unbalanced, he is worst frame overall. He doesnt have any,use because other frames outdone him in every way.

He needs buffing or oven an rework.

not unbalanced, he is worst frame overall. He doesnt have any,use because other frames outdone him in every way.

He needs buffing or oven an rework.

Can you go into a bit more detail? I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just trying to work it out. 

His ultimate, on paper at least, looks pretty good and he wouldn't be the only 'frame with crappy powers but a decent ultimate.

That's a bit harsh, man. It's still the same game it was yesterday. Honestly, Trinity needed to be rebalanced a bit. I'm a Trinity player and I'm more than willing to admit she was just way too strong. Even if you don't agree with everything they've changed, that doesn't mean the game itself has gone wrong somehow.

Remember all those threads about the 'Death of Rhino' or the 'Death of Frost' during those reworks?

Dun worry, like those it'll be passed over with time as people learn to use the changes or the balances get re-balanced.

Lol... just lol.. plz quit this game if you need a old Trinity for Wave 25... 

Just did a T3 Survival to test the changes.. did 35 mins solo without Problems... 

Can you go into a bit more detail? I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just trying to work it out. 

His ultimate, on paper at least, looks pretty good and he wouldn't be the only 'frame with crappy powers but a decent ultimate.

Smite - Similar to Nekros' Soul Punch, but no ragdoll, so it has less utility

Hallowed Ground - Low damage and lack of any utility at all makes it a fairly weak skill

Renewal - Heals for less than Blessing and has a travel time (whereas Blessing is instant)

Reckoning - AOE CC with damage. Mag's Crush does the same thing but better

Oberon's biggest issue is that everyone can do what he does, but better. He's outclassed.

Oberon's a Jack of All Trades, but without anything he's especially good at that would help him out. Everything else is drastically more specialized, and so can outpace him in practically no time at all.

Smite - Similar to Nekros' Soul Punch, but no ragdoll, so it has less utility

Hallowed Ground - Low damage and lack of any utility at all makes it a fairly weak skill

Renewal - Heals for less than Blessing and has a travel time (whereas Blessing is instant)

Reckoning - AOE CC with damage. Mag's Crush does the same thing but better

Oberon's biggest issue is that everyone can do what he does, but better. He's outclassed.

I see what you mean with his 1, 2 and 3, but Reckoning does seem to be a little better in some ways than Crush. 

It's a far smaller cast time for Reck vs. Crush. On the flipside the range is 3 meters smaller at max level. However, the damage of Reck is 1250 against Mag's 1000, and Radiation + Impact damage does have uses, as well as the tendency to flood the area with health globes. 

I'm not saying it's strictly and absolutely better than Crush but I wouldn't say it's bad. On the whole though yes, it doesn't make the whole frame good in any sense. I'm also at work and I don't have much time to think, so: how would DE go about buffing it into balance?

I see what you mean with his 1, 2 and 3, but Reckoning does seem to be a little better in some ways than Crush. 

It's a far smaller cast time for Reck vs. Crush. On the flipside the range is 3 meters smaller at max level. However, the damage of Reck is 1250 against Mag's 1000, and Radiation + Impact damage does have uses, as well as the tendency to flood the area with health globes. 

I'm not saying it's strictly and absolutely better than Crush but I wouldn't say it's bad. On the whole though yes, it doesn't make the whole frame good in any sense. I'm also at work and I don't have much time to think, so: how would DE go about buffing it into balance?

The reduced cast time is actually what makes it worse -- you want CC skills to last long. Shorter cast means the CC is active for less time.

@All - Yes, I was a little harsh.  Yes, there are other ways to play trinity.  No, I don't need a trinity to get past wave 25.  No, it isn't the same game it used to be, not last week, but a year ago.  Some good changes, some very poor decisions.  It's called dramatic effect and exaggeration for a point. 

DE has been removing and tweaking high-end abilities for months, if not since U7.  At least this time with Blessing they have the decency to tell us that they're removing invulnerability (unlike when they removed it from all immobilizing ultimate abilities a year ago in a stealth nerf across the board).  

I knew this nerf was coming and called it months ago (when Frost Globe was nerfed, I knew this was next, I hate being right all the time).  I actually placed bets on when the nerf would happen.  The fact remains, DE's tweaks are pushing the game in a way that I don't like.  The end-game is all that's left.  I have every warframe and many weapons polarized multiple times, every weapon, mastery rank 16, and most mods maxed out.  I want to push the boundaries and go to wave 100+ in defense, or try to beat my 2 hour survival record.  That's why I play at this point and it's being rather pitifully destroyed.  I understand the decisions, just don't like them.  DE needs to make Warframe more "accessible" to newer players that are still putting money in.  I put my money in a long time ago and now there is no point to me continuing to fund.  

There is no end, but nor is there a point.