Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys About The Trinity Nerf......(Not A Rant)

Deidaku

With mobs in defense going to levels 100+ and one-shotting people, i fail to see any good reason for this nerf. Yes, maybe blessing needed a nerf, but this is downright making it useless. They could have restricted it's duration, instead of making it for "reactive" players.

Edit: yeah, now try reading again, i said defense, with the mobs converging on you. I didn't say anything about survival and i agree that can be done, with plenty of space to run around like a mad chicken.

Edited by Qubuletz

With mobs in defense going to levels 100+ and one-shotting people, i fail to see any good reason for this nerf. Yes, maybe blessing needed a nerf, but this is downright making it useless. They could have restricted it's duration, instead of making it for "reactive" players.

Did you even watch the video i posted ?

IIRC at 55 minutes, mobs are at level 85.

This guy went for 80 minutes.

He is well smashing his face into level 150+ mobs.

Edited by fatpig84

Did you even watch the video i posted ?

IIRC at 55 minutes, mobs are at level 85.

This guy went for 80 minutes.

He is well smashing his face into level 150+ mobs.

And his build is terrible, both his frame and his weapon, yet he reached 80 mins.

People are just afraid of actually playing as a team, where you have to, you know, play as a team...

They got so used to Trinity cake walk style, that they forgot what trying is.

Link. Energy Vampire. Your arguement is invalid.

Surely you've played past 20 minutes in a T3 survival or wave 20 in a T3 defense.  Do you think 75% damage reduction on 10+k damage per hit will make any difference when the remaining 2500 damage is more than your shield and HP combined?

Link and Energy vampire aren't needed.  Link was only useful with Blessing.  Otherwise you're better off just killing everything and not getting shot, and you do a better job of that in faster frames like Loki, Rhino (with vanguard helm), nova, nekros...

So no, I'm correct, as usual, and you're wrong, as usual.

And his build is terrible, both his frame and his weapon, yet he reached 80 mins.

People are just afraid of actually playing as a team, where you have to, you know, play as a team...

They got so used to Trinity cake walk style, that they forgot what trying is.

Precisely.

2 things: hes asian, and nyx+nova = enought dmg to go that far

I will address the AOE part first.

Using Nyx and Nova as their AOE nuker, is that a problem ?

You can do the same with Mag Prime as well since the Shield Polarization scaling with a maxed BR build is nuts.

Secondly, how is being Asian make him "better" in gaming ?

Edited by fatpig84

everytime its used your lvl is reset or did you never bother using it on your warframes?

lol forma is so easy to acquire, I've got stacks waiting in my foundry to be used. I level'd up trinity and forma'd her 4 times with little time spent because it was that easy to level her if you knew how to properly.

Hi

theres other wfs I'd like to explore.

Has anyone here tried to res someone at wave 40 on t3 with this new blessing?  I thought not...

I've res'd people at much higher waves than that without trinity and if you still wanted to achieve 100% immunity, it's still possible by the way, you just need QT and then drop yourself down to 2hp and use blessing which grants 100% damage reduction. Sure, it's a hassle to do but if you want it that bad then you could go the extra mile.

Give it up and move along ?

Do you see me crying about my frames that are formaed BEFORE the existence of auras ? I got frames with more than 15 spare points even when corrupted mod fitted.

Do you see me crying when Acrid was nerf ?

Did you see me crying when my 5 forma ignis went from 150 damage per second to a mere 100 damage per second ?

Do you see me crying when my Vauban was nerfed like 3 to 4 times ?

I can fill in more but I will be too tired to do so.

But 1 point still stands. Beta is all about sweeping changes.

So move along.

So just because it happened to you other people have to deal with it? If I really spent money on forma for the right build, and DE messed it up on purpose to force players to buy more forma to their polarity slots, you would be okay too right, because it happened to you so everyone else need to feel the pain you felt. Man screw than, DE needs to compensate for those things, like when they change Steel Charge.

So just because it happened to you other people have to deal with it? If I really spent money on forma for the right build, and DE messed it up on purpose to force players to buy more forma to their polarity slots, you would be okay too right, because it happened to you so everyone else need to feel the pain you felt. Man screw than, DE needs to compensate for those things, like when they change Steel Charge.

lol they don't need to compensate anything and why would you buy forma when you can easily acquire it through farming and then proceeding to craft it? You don't need to waste money on forma.

I've forma'd my phage 3 times over the past 2 days without actually touching it once. It's level 21 right now on its 3rd forma and I still haven't bothered to put any mods on it, it's not even time consuming. If I was actually trying to level this thing, I'd probably have finish 4 forma on it within a day.

People were compensated for steel charge because others actually bothered to max it which would take up about 800 cores and about 1mil credits of which are actually time consuming to collect. Hunting the requirements for forma is so easy that if they really messed up your build, you could just repolarise the slot.

I forma'd my trinity 4 times pre nerf and now post nerf it's still 4 times because I've found a new way to play her which integrates my already polarised slots and synergises very well with my game play.

To address your concern, no, I am the kind who wants everyone to suffer the same pain. Not by a long shot.

But what you are asking, is not going to happen, because I have played close to a year now. DE won't give it to you ever.

To date, I have bought exactly 1 forma when I was a newbie and did not knew better. Or because Void drop rates were not so published then, that is before data mining was popular then DE locked it up. And that was the time I bought my first forma.

Will DE compensate for that ? Well nope, so don't bother asking.

Now Forma drops are incredibly common off T3, if you can't handle T3 (which i argue that even a potato non-formaed braton is still good up to 20 minutes) then formaing frames and weapons should be the least of your worries.

Also the game still has a beta tag but hell any game is always in beta.

Diablo 3 Dota 2 are still doing balancing changes to skills and can change meta builds over night.

Accept it and move on. 

Heck just look at D3, does blizzard make any apologies for nerfing the Shard of Hate that people loved so much when ROS was released ? Nope.

So move along, nothing to see here.

Edited by fatpig84

I don't really see that as a nerf ,receiving only 10 % damage is still pretty awesome. 

At least it's not game breaking anymore , no more people Penta ing themselves in the face + link  to win 

woops accidental rant.. watever

certain frame was made for user to relax and have fun

either its god mode or ability to clear a room (which is every frame)

certain frame is made to be use late game for speed/late game grinding, why? because the CORE of this game is RNG AND GRINDING

removing god mode from trin breaks her usefulness in late game, and she lost her appeal as a frame to use and play relaxed

people complain for the short term when not thinking ahead

think long term and why olde Vets says DO NOT TOUCH for the most part, cause there a reason for it

Trin bless link combo + range = best speed farm (RIP now)

Nova = late game semi speed farm with MP utility and AMD as nuke (Soon to be RIP)

Frost Globe is understandable but.... um... that was THE ONLY ability that anyone uses on him (RIP now)

people want to nerf for solution to short term problem

just because people are playing low lv games or med tier with maxed super forma gear doesnt mean its OP, just like boltor prime 

its called time investment for reward

also the trend of something new that is better then what they have argument for nerf is invalid since the way games work, later content = better gear then before, DE has been doing this since DAY 1

Casual gamers are fine as long as they stop whining nerf because they can't play a game for more then 100hr before they stop from boredom other then to make the game into BS by crying nerf since they dont want to make themselves look weak and people that played and support this game look like the bad guys for knowing more about the game then they do -_-

back to ur quote

penta PFF

terrible even ogris

same for stug terrible for bless link

castanas link bless by abuse of mechanic DE had made = 1 shot lv 50-60 -_-

people that beg for the Trin nerf probably never done a 1hr+ T3 survival or wave 100+ defense

cause thats when trin and nova become useful

trin to keep people from dying by 1 bullet

nova to slow enemy down and make them take 2x dmg

now also dont forget napalm and fire dots from them..... 90% still not enough since a lv 25 napalm shot with proced vs rhino maxed hp + shield + iron skin = dead 

then add 90% immunity.... u have a 10% chacne to stay alive...

Edited by luanle21

people that beg for the Trin nerf probably never done a 1hr+ T3 survival or wave 100+ defense

cause thats when trin and nova become useful

trin to keep people from dying by 1 bullet

nova to slow enemy down and make them take 2x dmg

now also dont forget napalm and fire dots from them..... 90% still not enough since a lv 25 napalm shot with proced vs rhino maxed hp + shield + iron skin = dead 

then add 90% immunity.... u have a 10% chacne to stay alive...

I have and I've done those basic ones without one. In Survival, Nekros is essentially more useful than Trinity. Doesn't matter if you're invincible if there are no oxygen right? RIGHT? So clearly Trinity isn't needed. With defence, it depends. Infested defence, you probably won't ever need a trinity and with corpus/grineer, loki does job fine by turning them all into melee anyway and if you have a frost then that helps too.

Also, a level 25 napalm cannot kill a Rhino Maxed HP + Shield and Iron Skin instantly, that's absolute fib and you know it. I can still manage to either just barely survive a napalm with nova if I'm hit or just die after about 5 seconds of the proc being on me.

Also, have you played the new Trinity? Or are you simply hopping on to the bandwagon without actually playing her post nerf.

Since her blessing was reworked, you're going to need to completely remod trinity over with a different set of mods pretty much but if you still want that 100% immunity then you can still have it by utiliting QT and using blessing when you're at 2HP. that's 99.??% reduction which the system rounds up to 100% damage reduction, I would know since I tested it out but then it's a hassle to pull it off so I just completely scrapped my old build and made a new one from scratch which works efficiently well, I must say post nerf.

I, too was actually expecting blessing to be absolute trash but it turned out to be a lot better than expected since I'm still able to play and utilise her abilities.

Lets all face it, we all know Invulnerability/damage immunity is a crutch in warframe to either not have to think or use teamwork, or even simply to enable you to play the game at the point the core mechanics break down and cant actually handle it (in this instance damage scalling).

Removing this crutch means that this breakdown in mechanics will actually get looked at.

What about all the time we spent forma"ing" our trinitys to get them justn right?

All trinitys should get all their formaed slots reset and able to be rechosen.

Thats not saying all the stime we spent getting and lvling mods that are now useless.

People who didnt invest lots of hours into their trinity dont understand how bad this CHANGE is, its not nerf that wouldve been fine.

Honestly this self righteous attitude is the cancer growing in Warframe stopping the devs from taking it from a good game to a great one.

Blessing may work on Mars, but you don't need it. On t3 defense at wave 30, when your frame gets one shot? It won't help you....

Honestly if you are getting one-shot on T3 at 30 then you either have a very frail build or are to low a rank to acually be there (even a well modded loki/nova is hard to get one-shotted without getting hit by numerious enemes at the exact same time). 

However you dont ever have to do that level of defence anyway, you can get everything long before getting to wave 30.  The only reason to do it is to see if you actually can get to that point (you get nothing different that wave 15 or 20 wont give you).

Even if we presume it is a common occurance the game shouldnt be balanced around what at most is less than 2% of the entire game.  Though it does show not that a lack of damage immunity is the issue but enemy damage scalling is the real issue, because not all frames have the damage immunity to begin with.

Edited by Loswaith

Lets all fact it, we all know Invulnerability/damage immunity is a crutch in warframe to either not have to think or use teamwork, or even simply to enable you to play the game at the point the core mechanics break down and cant actually handle it (in this instance damage scalling).

Removing this crutch means that this breakdown in mechanics will actually get looked at.

Honestly this self righteous attitude is the cancer growing in Warframe stopping the devs from taking it from a good game to a great one.

Honestly if you are getting one-shot on T3 at 30 then you either have a very frail build or are to low a rank to acually be there (even a well modded loki/nova is hard to get one-shotted without getting hit by numerious enemes at the exact same time). 

However you dont ever have to do that level of defence anyway, you can get everything long before getting to wave 30.  The only reason to do it is to see if you actually can get to that point (you get nothing different that wave 15 or 20 wont give you).

Even if we presume it is a common occurance the game shouldnt be balanced around what at most is less than 2% of the entire game.  Though it does show not that a lack of damage immunity is the issue but enemy damage scalling is the real issue, because not all frames have the damage immunity to begin with.

The real issue lies with damage scaling as you said. Some frames do not even have that high of a armor value to sustain the huge amount of damage at mid-high levels without a supercharged build.

Surely you've played past 20 minutes in a T3 survival or wave 20 in a T3 defense.  Do you think 75% damage reduction on 10+k damage per hit will make any difference when the remaining 2500 damage is more than your shield and HP combined?

Link and Energy vampire aren't needed.  Link was only useful with Blessing.  Otherwise you're better off just killing everything and not getting shot, and you do a better job of that in faster frames like Loki, Rhino (with vanguard helm), nova, nekros...

So no, I'm correct, as usual, and you're wrong, as usual.

10k damage on 20 minute? What kind of game are you playing? My nekros can take hits at 50 minutes

you cannot trust de to keep thier word when money is involved thats just a natural fact of life

except there was no pressure from money, also, where did you get money into this? It isn't about your stupid green paper and brown and silvery coins, it's aboot the community of tenno!

except there was no pressure from money, also, where did you get money into this? It isn't about your stupid green paper and brown and silvery coins, it's aboot the community of tenno!

Exactly. If you're referring to Forma then it's simply your choice to spend money on it knowing full well where you can farm them from and how abundant they are now.

I have and I've done those basic ones without one. In Survival, Nekros is essentially more useful than Trinity. Doesn't matter if you're invincible if there are no oxygen right? RIGHT? So clearly Trinity isn't needed. With defence, it depends. Infested defence, you probably won't ever need a trinity and with corpus/grineer, loki does job fine by turning them all into melee anyway and if you have a frost then that helps too.

Also, a level 25 napalm cannot kill a Rhino Maxed HP + Shield and Iron Skin instantly, that's absolute fib and you know it. I can still manage to either just barely survive a napalm with nova if I'm hit or just die after about 5 seconds of the proc being on me.

Also, have you played the new Trinity? Or are you simply hopping on to the bandwagon without actually playing her post nerf.

Since her blessing was reworked, you're going to need to completely remod trinity over with a different set of mods pretty much but if you still want that 100% immunity then you can still have it by utiliting QT and using blessing when you're at 2HP. that's 99.??% reduction which the system rounds up to 100% damage reduction, I would know since I tested it out but then it's a hassle to pull it off so I just completely scrapped my old build and made a new one from scratch which works efficiently well, I must say post nerf.

I, too was actually expecting blessing to be absolute trash but it turned out to be a lot better than expected since I'm still able to play and utilise her abilities.

im not saying its needed

im saying having her makes thing easier to grind for crap

which is the basic thing

bottom line some frames are made to be use in grinding,

and trinity/nova is part of the many

Let me put a few quick and concise points here:

Firstly, whether you like it or not, DE has the right to make sweeping changes in the game to go and revise elements of gameplay that can be exploited or reduce skill.

Second, Trinity was buffed to the poit where your team has INFINITE energy. I would call that an über buff. If I can do a T3 Survival with an I ranked Valkyr for 35 minutes without using Hysteria, I think you should be quite decently okay with a Trinity. Regardless of what Warframe you play, you don't get one shot before the 50 minute mark in a T3S.

Next, instead of screaming "NARF! NARF!", try to be a good gamer and find a way around the change. That gives you more respect, and won't reduce to a whining rage machine that is most of the community at the moment.

im not saying its needed

im saying having her makes thing easier to grind for crap

which is the basic thing

bottom line some frames are made to be use in grinding,

and trinity/nova is part of the many

It's still easy, all you need is a good trinity who knows how to play and make the most out of her skills. Someone already recently did 3 hours of survival with trinity post nerf so your statement is invalid since she still makes it easy, all it does now is takes a bit more effort getting yourself damaged with QT then using blessing at the right moment for 100% reduction since the system rounds up from 99.??%

ehh

im saying she makes it so you can relax and farm

when did i even mentioned this game was hard? cause you can kill lv 100 under a few second anyways

she made things easier and more relaxing/fun to just play

if i wanted a game to get stressed about then i would be in a moba/dota style game

i said the survival as a example, while we already know how much they dumbed down enemy dmg which was obvious already and since bleed is the only main concern or fire dot from napalms

again bottom line and even simpler

trin and other frames are made for grinding (speedy anyways)

they are use to have fun and not to care, if they ruin your game, then make your own lobby and set rules then invite people or play by clanmate/friends

Already the ratio of trinity players has dropped to zero.
Tried trinity several times after  nerf.

At 30 minutes + T3 survival, your team mates are either full hp..or DEAD.

Catching them in-between requires insane reflexes and no one is going to bother to do that, AND fight mobs.

All in all this frame is RUINED. Energy vampire is an useless skills since my "battery" mob is vaporized by novas before it evn ticks once.

Well of life is a joke to begin with.

Link is the only thing that is good, sort of...but who cares? It makes me a tank frame, so?
If i have no attack skills this is pure idiotic.

Also teh complaints i hear about Trinity are just plain dumb: "it's not fair".

I'm sorry to who?
THE MOBS !? Are you kidding me? I don't hear the mobs complaining.