Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exactly Did They Made Undertow Toggleable?

TheFirstRonin

I mean its not like it wasnt before? Am i right, also i dont think it was OP so why make toggleable and use energy/s?

Sry for double post....

I mean they pretty much nerfed something which didnt need a nerf that makes me question

WHY DE WHY U DO THIS TO PUDDLE???

Edited by TheFirstRonin

I mean its not like it wasnt before? Am i right, also i dont think it was OP so why make toggleable and use energy/s?

Because, say, you're in Undertow mode, super drown much awesomeness,

And a teamate goes down.

Wouldn't it be nice to cough up the half-drowned enemies, dry yourself off a bit, and save him?  Considering there are no other teammates?  

Just a thought.  It's to keep you from getting locked in one place when you need to be elsewhere.

And a teamate goes down.

Wouldn't it be nice to cough up the half-drowned enemies, dry yourself off a bit, and save him?  Considering there are no other teammates?  

Just a thought.  It's to keep you from getting locked in one place when you need to be elsewhere.

I thought you could already cancel undertow just by moving before they changed it.

Preserves more energy 

I thought you could already cancel undertow just by moving before they changed it.

Yes.   But for example.

Instead of using 20 energy for 40 seconds of duration.  Now you have the ability to use exactly how much energy you want to dispense.

If I only want to remain in my puddle for 10 seconds and only use 5 energy...now I can..i dont have to use 10 energy points for 30 seconds when I only wanted to use it for 10..............yes you can get out of the puddle at will but you can't gain back the energy you just wasted

edit:  i used random numbers to get my point across faster

Edited by Ishki88

And a teamate goes down.

If you moved while using undertow pre 13.3 the skill aborted and you could move go and revive so why make it toggleable if it already was

Why make it cost energy per sec now its just a waste of energy

And a teamate goes down.

it was cancelable already, so all you just said "puff" gone in the air.

I think the real reason behind this was not to make it toggable but to make it more expensive because it was frequently used as a trolling skills, people would use it on high level defense missions and delay the whole team just for "fun", i think that they changed it so people dont use it just to bother others, im completely speculating though.

Preserves more energy 

Yes.   But for example.

Instead of using 20 energy for 40 seconds of duration.  Now you have the ability to use exactly how much energy you want to dispense.

If I only want to remain in my puddle for 10 seconds and only use 5 energy...now I can..i dont have to use 10 energy points for 30 seconds when I only wanted to use it for 10..............yes you can get out of the puddle at will but you can't gain back the energy you just wasted

To everyone who keeps on repeating the exact same things as the OP.. Please read this guy ^^

To everyone who keeps on repeating the exact same things as the OP.. Please read this guy ^^

They don't hear me man lol...the same thing can be said for Banshee and Nyx...

play the game...observe everything....just don't read the hotfix and go straight to GD to vent ;_;

Preserves more energy

Yes. But for example.

Instead of using 20 energy for 40 seconds of duration. Now you have the ability to use exactly how much energy you want to dispense.

Undertow uses 50 energy and last if maxed out over 60 secs you were not invincible Aoe and enemy leaders still could harm you with there skills

But thats not what im trying to say im saying why make it cost energy per sec?? That is if you use it now it drains as i understand 50 energy to innitiate the skill then it drains energy per sec if your energy pool is empty the skill stopps

Which comes to my point it isnt worth using anymore thats what makes me sad

Edited by TheFirstRonin

Undertow uses 50 energy and last if maxed out over 60 secs you were not invincibil Aoe and enemy leaders still could harm you with there skills

But thats not what im trying to say im saying why make it cost energy per sec?? That is if you use it now it drains as i understand 50 energy to innitiate the skill then it drains energy per sec if your energy pool is empty the skill stopps

Which comes to my point it isnt worth using anymore thats what makes me sad

I'll eat my own words...I'm going to test it out now....brb

edit:  Nope.  You are wrong and I am right.  It cost nothing to cast the power.  Once it is activated, your energy then starts to deplete.

People........please.....play..........the game...........and observe everything

Edit 2:  Let me elaborate.  It does COST something.  With my build it cost only 3 points to activate.   Not literally nothing....just sayin' my point still stands

Edited by Ishki88

I'll eat my own words...I'm going to test it out now....brb

edit:  Nope.  You are wrong and I am right.  It cost nothing to cast the power.  Once it is activated, your energy then starts to deplete.

People........please.....play..........the game...........and observe everything

Edit 2:  Let me elaborate.  It does COST something.  With my build it cost only 3 points to activate.   Not literally nothing....just sayin' my point still stands

Well thanks for clarifying then but you have to admit its still a nerf

Well thanks for clarifying then but you have to admit its still a nerf

If you feel it's a nerf, then do as you wish.  Hopefully you make sense and DE will take it into consideration.  And no, I do not consider it a nerf.  I have no idea how being able to preserve energy plus tweaking the toggle ability of the power a nerf.   Please do not bring up it's damage numbers because it never dealt high numbers of damage.   But guess what.....with the change to the puddle now, you can most likely deal a lot more damage...I'll let you figure out how....

Not really...

It means you can use it until your energy runs dry. Which would probably be even longer than any duration mods.

Lets say you are pre 13.3 it uses 50 energy, imagine you only have 50 energy atm and your sorrounded by bombards and napalms if you use undertow with maxed duration it would last atleast 60 sec if not more now as it stands with 50 energy you arent able to hold 60 sec because of the drain

So it is a nerf i would say

Lets say you are pre 13.3 it uses 50 energy, imagine you only have 50 energy atm and your sorrounded by bombards and napalms if you use undertow with maxed duration it would last atleast 60 sec if not more now as it stands with 50 energy you arent able to hold 60 sec because of the drain

So it is a nerf i would say

I hate to say this but.......I don't think you know how to Hydroid yet lol ......you might want to play around some more with his change my friend....

also...I don't even think having a LVL 20-40 Napalm in undertow would kill him even if you had him sucked in it for 60 seconds...I mean thats a complete waste of time dude..your teammate could of killed him by then...........you're trying to use it for DMG when it's clearly a light dmg max CC power....

double edit..and even IF you're playing solo....you could of killed him with a unranked lato in the same time span or less lol .the dmg of the puddle is laughable......as it should stay (dmg wise) imo

Edited by Ishki88

I hate to say this but.......I don't think you know how to Hydroid yet lol ......you might want to play around some more with his change my friend....

also...I don't even think having a LVL 20-40 Napalm in undertow would kill him even if you had him sucked in it for 60 seconds...I mean thats a complete waste of time dude..your teammate could of killed him by then...........you're trying to use it for DMG when it's clearly a light dmg max CC power....

double edit..and even IF you're playing solo....you could of killed him with a unranked lato in the same time span or less lol .the dmg of the puddle is laughable......as it should stay (dmg wise) imo

Im not saying that im trying to kill them with undertow(hydroid is the crowd control frame not the dmg-dealer) i m just wondering why they changed undertow into underuseful i mean it was fine no one complained about it being OP or somehow too good. so why change it? They could have improved or nerfed or what ever you wanna call it another abilitie, there was rly no point in changing it it was fine

50 energy for 60+s is more cost efficient than its 1.3? energy per second. Simple math.

And if you factor in having on energy siphon, then it's even stronger before, since energy siphon does not work while using toggles.

It is 100% a nerf; but does it matter? No.

Im not saying that im trying to kill them with undertow(hydroid is the crowd control frame not the dmg-dealer) i m just wondering why they changed undertow into underuseful i mean it was fine no one complained about it being OP or somehow too good. so why change it? They could have improved or nerfed or what ever you wanna call it another abilitie, there was rly no point in changing it it was fine

by making a new build for much longer than what you told me. I'm rendering a video right now I'll slap it on this thread in a bit of the exact build I went with. Baring in mind I'm just a rank 30 Hydroid with no forma and no potato.

Edited by Sutherland

50 energy for 60+s is more cost efficient than its 1.3? energy per second. Simple math.

And if you factor in having on energy siphon, then it's even stronger before, since energy siphon does not work while using toggles.

It is 100% a nerf; but does it matter? No.

I guess your right since it isnt going to change anything