Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Next Buffs Be Oberon And Saryns Powers Pretty Please <3

Doughalo2

Contagion as a team melee buff.

Hallowed ground only needs negative debuff on enemies.

Bring back ORIGINAL Renewal. The skill that can revive fallen teammates as long they are under Renewal buff.

And it is balanced that if you revive with 20 hp, and you take massive damage again, you died. So it is a weaker quick thinking.

That is still balanced.

That's it.

Edited by fatpig84

The problem is when every character gets super buffs, the game gets boring.

I kind of disagree. Having a bad@$$ lvl l30 frame with the right mods where you can plow through enemies and own the opposition is kind of the point of any game, especially PVE ones. Think about it. Do you want your frame as weak at lvl 30 as it was at level 1? No. You want that thing to be able to tear through whatever the game throws at you.

On the other hand, I'm not saying that you should be permanently invulnerable (cough Trinity). You should be able to die. Even with Rhino's iron skin, you take no damage for a time, but you can still die if you get mobbed and knocked down and are unable to cast. (or an energy drain mob/nightmare mode saps your energy). 

So I agree and disagree with you :P Any game is a balancing act.

Saryn is great as she is, and i don't think that the idea "i like this frame, then it needs a buff" is the right one... Everyone likes Loki and Rhino, but they don't need a buff.

I also disagree with Saryn needing a buff, though I sympathize with those suggesting Contagion be reworked. It's always felt... misplaced to me. I think I used it once.

Oberon only needs a buff because other frames do everything he does, better. Except for Reckoning, his powers are ineffective at what they're supposed to do - Smite does very underwhelming damage (and radiation damage at that), Hallowed Ground offers no incentive to its victim to continue residence, and Renewal is painfully slow, and not entirely worth the energy cost.

He's my favorite frame, yes, but I'm not looking to see him buffed for my own benefit. I still use him all the time as he is now. I'm an advocate for balance and hate to see any weapon or frame unquestionably outdone by another. (I also hate the Prime/Wraith/Vandal system but that's a story for another thread.)

In Saryn's case, Contagion just doesn't make that much sense post-Damage 2.0. The damage increase is negligible, coupled with a high cast cost, low duration, and the fact that the added damage type combines with other elemental mods you have equipped thereby sometimes messing up your loadout, makes it a lackluster skill where it was once pretty damn useful. I think it would perhaps be a good candidate to be replaced with an "Overheat" style ability, since Saryn has always been a more offensive tank style frame.

The fact that Miasma benefits greatly from decreased duration is pretty wonky as well. You end up sacrificing the stun effect for greater damage. Other 4th abilities don't force the user to pick or choose when modding for greater effect, so why does Miasma?

Saryn ends up being fine, to a point. She has a pretty high damage nuke, a decoy clone, a first ability that is better than most, and one that's seen better days. She's not in the worst spot, compared to other frames.

Edited by Charismo