Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Absorb Broken?

Jumalauta

I went to do some DS Def in Pluto and started to solo it after wave 15.

I noticed that absorb number was rising but not as fast as before update.

Then i got in situation where there was only Ancients hitting me.

No absorb dmg taken. I released Absorb and they took about 1000 damage from several seconds of absorbing.

I got interested and tested it again and again.

Conclusions.

Absorb does absorb dmg from ancient but not allways.

Or it absorbs all damage but absorbed damage is miniature version of real damage.

I have no idea what happened to Absorb but this needs fix.

Or ancients are not touching you. 

I can't find it anymore, but I had a video where an ancient would not be able to touch me when standing still. They apparently are very bad at touching you with they tentacle attack. 

And yes, I do think even a pack of them could miss you for 10 second straight. Last time I tried clocking the damage dealt by ancients, it was a massive pain in the rectum due to how bad they were at actually hitting me. 

Edited by Kinperor

Or ancients are not touching you. 

I can't find it anymore, but I had a video where an ancient would not be able to touch me when standing still. They apparently are very bad at touching you with they tentacle attack. 

And yes, I do think even a pack of them could miss you for 10 second straight. Last time I tried clocking the damage dealt by ancients, it was a massive pain in the rectum due to how bad they were at actually hitting me. 

They were touching/hitting. That absorbed dmg counter didnt come up even once, but still they managed to make some damage after some time.

Im going to test this more and maybe take some video.

Sometimes they miss when too close. When playing on infested defense/survival I have that problem when using Absorb. Depending on where they are standing trying to hit you, they literally miss the areas that Absorb will actually absorb damage, so your counter doesnt go up.

Its not a bug, its just bad luck.

I couldnt record because i got too bad framerate.

Anyway it seem its like some of you say. They miss.

And damn they miss alot.

I once had 6 ancients hitting me and counter didnt even appear.

But still sometimes i managed to absorb some amount of damage from them.

And it kept going on. Misses and invisible damage absorbed.

I even tried that thing which Kinperor said and i just stand still near ancient and it started slapping me with that tentacle.

I had to move infront of tentacle untill it hit me and made some damage but if i just stand somewhat still there it wont hit.

If its just bad luck as Hybridon said, i must have really really bad luck or Ancient have really bad aim.

Ancients rarely damage Nyx with their tentacle attacks while Absorb is active, and Absorb will inflict minimum damage (that increases the longer Absorb is active) should the total amount of absorbed damage be less than the minimum.

The invisible damage that's being absorbed is actually the minimum damage that was built up over the duration.

still very spammable for the knock down.

I feel like OP is talking about a bug, and saying "Don't fix the bug because it's still usable" is pretty dumb, especially considering that absorb is one of the few abilities that still scales with level, which is what they're slowly turning all abilities into, and how it should be so that no one frame is the best, and you can still actually kill things. I think it's dumb that the tenno can only get to a certain level, and then no matter how talented they are, they die. At least lore wise, if the grineer/corpus really had as many level 150-200 enemies as I've seen, they would have conquered the universe by now. In comparison the tenno are pathetic. If the enemies scale infinitely, but we don't, then they could get their 5 most powerful guys and wipe out the tenno.