Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Pvp Mode? ( Devstream 29)

Deidaku

It's not PvP

It's PvE that you play at the same time as another group, where one team "wins"

The two groups don't shoot each other or dodge each other's abilities. They just try and accomplish the same thing at the same time. It's like a race.

Misheard the stream, nevermind.

Edited by VegetableBasket

@(*()$ hell, I knew it.

Next, we're gonna get unique rewards for PvP. You heard it here first.

If you get PvP rewards for PvP content that makes sense.

The only issues with this stuff in games is when PvE content is obtained in PvP content and visa versa. Keeping the progression in the proper areas is obviously alright.

As for cosmetic based stuff for PvP only? Honestly that's just fine.

Edited by SolidSp33d

It's not PvP

It's PvE that you play at the same time as another group, where one team "wins"

The two groups don't shoot each other or dodge each other's abilities. They just try and accomplish the same thing at the same time. It's like a race.

Don't go spreading misinformation. Steve makes it clear. There is a group of players versus another smaller group of players and their defenses.

This'll be an interesting ride.

Forums will be on fiiiiiiiiiire after that patch. If I were the kinda man to drink I'd turn it into a game. "Take a shot every time someone says they hate something new!"

Better than people spamming 5 rounds of defense to farm credits from a faction that literally has no chance of defending itself :/

Don't go spreading misinformation. Steve makes it clear. There is a group of players versus another smaller group of players and their defenses.

I'm insulted. Steve used the word "asynchronous" and said it's players against specters, creeps, and defenses, not to mention the gameplay shown had no other players in it.

If I'm wrong and this is a flat out Warframe moba with actual PvP, I have died and gone to heaven, I've been dreaming of this for months. But "asynchronous" isn't a word you use on accident.

blah blah more being wrong about stuff

You'd die, and honestly I have kinda gotten used to you so that would be lame.

Oh it'd be worse then death. I can't hold my liquor at all.

Blatant has begun to grow on me. Like a wart. A really handsome wart.

It's because I'm so full of love and affection.

Better than people spamming 5 rounds of defense to farm credits from a faction that literally has no chance of defending itself :/

Possibly. I'm open to the idea. I don't mind DE experimenting. It'll be fun to watch the community react. It's my favorite thing about this community, the reactions to change or strange things.

I'm insulted. Steve used the word "asynchronous" and said it's players against specters, creeps, and defenses, not to mention the gameplay shown had no other players in it.

...what are you talking about? Steve said EXACTLY what I just said (well paraphrased, but you know what I mean). And the footage showed real players on both sides so I REALLY don't know where you're getting that. You see the Excal on perspective on one side and the Frost perspective on the other.

...what are you talking about? Steve said EXACTLY what I just said (well paraphrased, but you know what I mean). And the footage showed real players on both sides so I REALLY don't know where you're getting that. You see the Excal on perspective on one side and the Frost perspective on the other.

When aiming at the specters, at the top of the screen it said Tenno specter. Rebecca comments about snow globe and Steve says specters have abilities.

I'm rewatching it now and will give you a timestamp and a link once I find what I need to.

When aiming at the specters, at the top of the screen it said Tenno specter.

I'm rewatching it now and will give you a timestamp and a link once I find what I need to.

Because a specter was aimed at? It's not entirely a team filled with players. Like I mentioned and Steve mentioned, Specters are also involved in the conflict. You can summon them in the mission. The smaller defense team of course has a bunch more that actually spawn, and they have turrets and etc.

It's basically PvEvP kind of like MOBAs but with a more relevant (or rather more proactive) PvE factor.

Because a specter was aimed at? It's not entirely a team filled with players. Like I mentioned and Steve mentioned, Specters are also involved in the conflict. You can summon them in the mission. The smaller defense team of course has a bunch more that actually spawn, and they have turrets and etc.

It's basically PvEvP kind of like MOBAs but with a more relevant (or rather more proactive) PvE factor.

I hope you're right but that's not the impression I got from the stream, if Twitch wasn't so laggy I could confirm that, one minute, haha

Oops I'm dumb, Steve says "asymetrical" not "asynchronous", my bad, let me keep listening... I am probably wrong on that notion, I stand corrected.

If I'm wrong and this is a flat out Warframe moba with actual PvP, I have died and gone to heaven, I've been dreaming of this for months. But "asynchronous" isn't a word you use on accident.

Okay so basically it is going to be PvE&P only one team is playing warframe and the other team is playing Warframe: Rail Defense!!!!

Considering they are the bulk of the player base you better hope they do, or this will die a lonely ignominious death on the alter of things that didn't work.

They're the bulk of a vocal group of whiners on the forums.  Every time a poll or a long in depth discussion has happened it's been pretty clear that most players are fine with some form of PvP as long as it doesn't affect PvE balance.  The fact that they also consistently spread misinformation on PvP (like saying that DE has not done any balance work on it,that DE didn't want to do it at all in the first place,  or that it will break PvE balance) hasn't helped things either.

Like Steve said, if you don't like it, don't play it.  There are a multitude of other ways to play the game.

Edited by Aggh