Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So If Vor's Prize Will Be The Quest That Gives You Your Ship...

ScorchedIce

I have no idea. But to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with an increased focus on the new player experience, which seems to be taking steps in the right direction (solely based off of what was told, mind you).

EDIT: Might be a bit off-topic, but whatever. I'm speculating that Vor's Prize may function similar to the tutorial in that you can revisit it any time you want once you complete the appropriate requirements (in this case, collecting the ship modules).

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I'd guess that everyone will start at the beginning of Vor's Prize and we'll all have to play through it to get our ships and splatter Vor across the surface of Mercury. Once we're out of that I'd assume that it will be business as usual and we'll magically gain access to everything we had before.

How will this apply to older players? even players with a high mastery rank will get their &#! kicked?

I'll gladly start all over again for that tiny bit of lore.

Really... go ahead, take mr 15 away from me, kick my &#!. I don't care, as long as we get lore.

Edited by WEREsandrock

Very much hoping they don't display a level for Vor, but secretly just buff him up to 99 for this mission. Way too strong so he can effectively kick all of our asses, but leaving a slim chance that one very lucky, smart Rhino can defeat him. 

Better this than a pre-scripted &#!-kicking. I hate those.

I'm kinda hoping that this whole intro system to get a ship for new players can end up being the basis for a quest system across all levels of play. They mentioned perhaps getting a "faster" foundry, etc. and a quest system would be a great way to get this done.

Would also be a good way to make invasions more interesting that 5 Exterminate missions.

I'd be willing to venture a guess that it will be the new tutorial or if not, something that comes right after, so veteran players will most likely be able to activate it via UI and knock it out of the park.

We'll have to wait and see, though.

I'd be willing to venture a guess that it will be the new tutorial or if not, something that comes right after, so veteran players will most likely be able to activate it via UI and knock it out of the park.

We'll have to wait and see, though.

First idea that came to my mind when i saw Vor s Prize was the same. I think we will have an option to restart tutorial if we are not new players.

Very much hoping they don't display a level for Vor, but secretly just buff him up to 99 for this mission. Way too strong so he can effectively kick all of our asses, but leaving a slim chance that one very lucky, smart Rhino can defeat him. 

Better this than a pre-scripted &#!-kicking. I hate those.

I'd assume that it will be a pre-scripted &#! kicking. You'll have just been dragged out of cryo-sleep and won't be in the best shape. It will probably play out like a regular fight but once Vor takes too much damage he'll pull off some pre-scripted headshot/stab/void key laser, forcing you to run. 

Otherwise Vor will open my cryopod, I'll prime him and then ventilate his head with the Seer.

Here's how Vor's Prize will probably go:

So Captain Vor's just flying through space, looking for space ninjas so he can pawn them off to get money to feed his 4,756 clones, when all of a sudden a bunch of those exact space ninjas are like "Hey bro, we can't have you just sellin' our homies like that, yo." And Captain Vor is like "Yo, I don't give a shizzle wetha' you space ninjas want me to stop pawnin' yo' friends of like that, now go back to the Void, white boi." But the space ninjas are still angry, so they have no choice but to challenge Captain Vor and his homies to a dance off.

After the space ninjas successfully flaunt their mad movements and cramp Captain Vor's style, he says "Hey man, I ain't gonna mess wit' ya'll homies anymo' ok? I jus' got a coupla clones to feed, awright?" So the space ninjas, showing their space honour, show the weakened Captain Vor mercy, and go back to their apartment on the better side of da hood, meeting Lotus.

Lotus is surprised to see that they're home so soon, and says "Yo, got the stuff?" One of the space ninjas nod, and slips a bag of crushed up neurodes on the table. "Aw yeah, I'm gon' be snortin' this stuff all day. There's yo' reward, you brave muthas earned it." Lotus says, pointing to a sick space ferrari, with flame decals attached to make it go faster. The space ninjas get in the ship, put aviator glasses on, and fly to the club.

Guest Tehnoobshow

First idea that came to my mind when i saw Vor s Prize was the same. I think we will have an option to restart tutorial if we are not new players.

We can already replay the tutorial. Just click on your profile, there's an option to replay the tutorial.