Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

The Nekros stopped for a moment as she looked at the Syandanas on display, her Mortos Syandana swaying as she walked. She examined them with curiousity, even examining the Syandanas that looked like hers, the Grey and black Nekros perking a curiousity for why these are able to be replicated 

"Interesting..."

The artisan noticed her interest, and quickly shuffled over with a length of Asa fabric in her hand. She was halfway in explaining how a Tenno artisan shared his craft with her family before noticing the Nekros's authentic Mortos Syandana, and almost dropped the threads she was holding to marvel over the specimen that she was viewing first-hand. 

The ship docks with relative ease. It's small size making it easy to maneuver. When the ships docking sequence finishes a side door steams open. Revealing a Valkyr with the Kara stylized helmet, Imperator Syandana, and a plethora of interesting weaponry on her person, the most interesting being the Paris Prime slung over her shoulder.

"Would one be able to get some ship repair around here?" Her tomboyish demeanor still shines through her impressive stature.

"Of course, si- uh, miss." said a crewman, who had hurried over to attend to her after directing a freighter away from her parking spot. "The Arcadia Night Market's Hanger is operated by experienced mechanics and engineers from Gradivus, and offer a variety of maintenance, servicing and modification operations for your vessel."

"Of course, si- uh, miss." said a crewman, who had hurried over to attend to her after directing a freighter away from her parking spot. "The Arcadia Night Market's Hanger is operated by experienced mechanics and engineers from Gradivus, and offer a variety of maintenance, servicing and modification operations for your vessel."

"Good good. Would you care to direct me to said 'Night Market' while I wait for the repair?" She sighs, unloading the clip of her Lato Vandal.

"Lotus knows i might stay for a while longer than i intend." She smirks behind her helm.

Edited by Pwn3rb0i

"Of course, miss." the crewman replied, as he raised his datapad and a hand to wave a maintenance MOA over. "Sebastard! C'mere!"

The MOA that was unfortunately and affectionately known in the Night Market as Sebastard hopped over. A steel-thread basket sat behind his head, and where its laser repeater would have been was a tractor beam for picking up objects. Sebastard looked up at the Valkyr and made a clicking noise in confirmation of his purpose. With a merry string of beeps, the MOA led the Tenno out of the Hangar passenger doors and along the streets to the famous Night Market, where the best roadside shopping experience in the Origin system awaited her with open arms.

"Of course, miss." the crewman replied, as he raised his datapad and a hand to wave a maintenance MOA over. "Sebastard! C'mere!"

The MOA that was unfortunately and affectionately known in the Night Market as Sebastard hopped over. A steel-thread basket sat behind his head, and where its laser repeater would have been was a tractor beam for picking up objects. Sebastard looked up at the Valkyr and made a clicking noise in confirmation of his purpose. With a merry string of beeps, the MOA led the Tenno out of the Hangar passenger doors and along the streets to the famous Night Market, where the best roadside shopping experience in the Origin system awaited her with open arms.

"Thank you. You will be aware of where to find me to notify me when my ships repairs are complete." She nods at the MOA and strolls out into the market. Brushing the tubes from her helmet off her shoulder. Her Syandana flapping slightly in the breeze. "Where to begin..." She strokes what would be the chin on her helmet as she starts roaming around the market.

The artisan noticed her interest, and quickly shuffled over with a length of Asa fabric in her hand. She was halfway in explaining how a Tenno artisan shared his craft with her family before noticing the Nekros's authentic Mortos Syandana, and almost dropped the threads she was holding to marvel over the specimen that she was viewing first-hand. 

The Nekros looked to the Artisan, -taking account of what race she is- with a raised eyebrow under her face-mask "Are you going to stand there with your mouth open all day?" she inquired.

(Lol Sebastard!)

Edited by Drakeardian

"Permission granted." came the voice over the intercom. "You are entering a no-armament zone, so kindly power down all on-board weaponry systems and reflective shielding. If 12% or higher of your vessel's cargo and equipment mass is explosive materiel, use the stasis tractor lift to proceed to dock at the Hangar."

The energy barrier obstructing the entry point powered down once more, and the hydraulic landing pad was raised to accommodate the docking vessel, where it will be taken to the Hangar for the pilot to alight.

"Appreciated, sir. Powering down weapon systems and Shields, and beginning my approach."

Phew. Better get moving, then.

The Shadow Dancer's main weapon simply turned dark, whilst a flicker indicated the shields went down.

Pushing forward with both sticks, Infinium began to approach the station, arriving 10 minutes after he had received the transmission.

The primary thrusters deactivated, whilst most of the tertiary thrusters came online, allowing for fine control of the vehicles descent, before it eventually came to a soft stop on the pad.

He had read over the rules for the station prior to his arrival, that meant no explosive weapons, no shotguns, and a limit on how many weapons anyone was allowed to carry.

Which ones, which ones...

Over his travels, Infinium had crafted most of his weapons, including his Prime equipment, and 'Aqcuired' (Read: Stolen) the blueprints for the rest.

Dread? Nope, no Bisections.

Vectis? Why would it be needed.

Burston Prime? Too shiny.

He settled for his almost trademark weapons, a heavily modified Gorgon LMG, and a peculiar Hate, both ornamented with a Violet primary color, and a very dark grey for the remaining colors.

As he was about to lower the door, he remembered something.

Or someone, to be precise.

"Oi! Garbles!"

A clink was heard a short distance away, before a Wyrm flew out from his cover, and settled on the Warframe's shoulder.

"I expect you to be on your best behaviour, considering what happened last time."

He recieved a series of slow garbles, as if it was a nervous chuckle. Hence the name of the sentinel.

"Good." Infinium replied, as he gave Garbles a scratch under his 'Chin'

The door lowered, and the odd duo stepped out to see a series of craft rushing by, namely a large Tenno constructed stealth cruiser. Infinium soon found who he was looking for, as the officer was walking away from the craft, and a Tenno, likely the pilot walking to somewhere else on the station.

Clearing his throat, Infinium walked over to the officer, and extended a hand in greeting.

"G'day, How are you?"

Garbles was busy waving one of his stubby arms way faster than he should have to.

((OOC: Sorry about my slowness))

Edited by InfiniumV

The Nekros looked to the Artisan, -taking account of what race she is- with a raised eyebrow under her face-mask "Are you going to stand there with your mouth open all day?" she inquired.

(Lol Sebastard!)

The artisan was dark-skinned and black-haired, and seemed to be descended directly from an ancient civilization on Earth. Her gold bangled and ringed hands examined the Nekros's Syandana curiously without actually making direct contact, for she wasn't as bold as to touch artwork that was beyond her league. "This iz beautiful. The real thing! I could never find an authentic specimen to base my designs on!"

She then faltered for a moment, her lower lip letting loose a faint hint of disappointment. "But it iz not as colourful as I would 'av liked. I need colours to express my work. Maybe I shouldn't make imitations of this model anymore. No one liked them anyway for they were so dark..."

"Appreciated, sir. Powering down weapon systems and Shields, and beginning my approach."

Phew. Better get moving, then.

The Shadow Dancer's main weapon simply turned dark, whilst a flicker indicated the shields went down.

Pushing forward with both sticks, Infinium began to approach the station, arriving 10 minutes after he had received the transmission.

The primary thrusters deactivated, whilst most of the tertiary thrusters came online, allowing for fine control of the vehicles descent, before it eventually came to a soft stop on the pad.

He had read over the rules for the station prior to his arrival, that meant no explosive weapons, no shotguns, and a limit on how many weapons anyone was allowed to carry.

Which ones, which ones...

Over his travels, Infinium had crafted most of his weapons, including his Prime equipment, and 'Aqcuired' (Read: Stolen) the blueprints for the rest.

Dread? Nope, no Bisections.

Vectis? Why would it be needed.

Burston Prime? Too shiny.

He settled for his almost trademark weapons, a heavily modified Gorgon LMG, and a peculiar Hate, both ornamented with a Violet primary color, and a very dark grey for the remaining colors.

As he was about to lower the door, he remembered something.

Or someone, to be precise.

"Oi! Garbles!"

A clink was heard a short distance away, before a Wyrm flew out from his cover, and settled on the Warframe's shoulder.

"I expect you to be on your best behaviour, considering what happened last time."

He recieved a series of slow garbles, as if it was a nervous chuckle. Hence the name of the sentinel.

"Good." Infinium replied, as he gave Garbles a scratch under his 'Chin'

The door lowered, and the odd duo stepped out to see a series of craft rushing by, namely a large Tenno constructed stealth cruiser. Infiniun soon found who he was looking for, as the officer was walking away from the craft, and a Tenno, likely the pilot walking to somewhere else on the station.

Clearing his throat, Infinium walked over to the officer, and extended a hand in greeting.

"G'day, How are you?"

Garbles was busy waving one of his stubby arms way faster than he should have to.

((OOC: Sorry about my slowness))

EDIT: Hmm, I don't remember mentioning that shotguns weren't allowed. Not like it really matters all that much though. Explosives are carefully controlled however.

Having sent Sebastard on his way, the crewman turned to the newcomer and shook his hand, waving to his little Wyrm with the other.

"Welcome to the Arcadia Night Market, friend! Enjoy yourself here and let us know if you need anything done for your beautiful ship here!" he said in welcome.

Edited by Arunafeltz

The artisan was dark-skinned and black-haired, and seemed to be descended directly from an ancient civilization on Earth. Her gold bangled and ringed hands examined the Nekros's Syandana curiously without actually making direct contact, for she wasn't as bold as to touch artwork that was beyond her league. "This iz beautiful. The real thing! I could never find an authentic specimen to base my designs on!"

She then faltered for a moment, her lower lip letting loose a faint hint of disappointment. "But it iz not as colourful as I would 'av liked. I need colours to express my work. Maybe I shouldn't make imitations of this model anymore. No one liked them anyway for they were so dark..."

"Perhaps it is best for your business, a Nekros is a symbol of death and fear incarnate among the Tenno and they do tend to be rather...moody" Replied the Female Nekros, she was a tad surprised of how many rings the vendor had on her fingers

Edited by Drakeardian

A crewman surveyed the craft briefly before whipping out his datapad and tapping away rapidly at its surface. "Not a problem, sir. We'll have your ride looked at and patched up in a few hours. In the meantime, please enjoy our accommodation and recreational facilities at the Arcadia Night Market. Enjoy your stay."

As he spoke, a pack of maintenance drones had already gotten to work on the stealth fighter, assessing it for damage. Fried circuitry in the affected shield batteries were replaced on the spot, but the rest of the repair work would have to be done in the garages. The Tenno could be at ease knowing that the maintenance crew of the Night Market were seasoned professional mechanics from Gradivus.

Alan hummed in agreement, dipping his head towards the crewmen in gratitude, before making his way towards the Market proper at a steady pace. However, once there, he stopped dead in his tracks and gazed in wonder at the wide, bustling shopping area ahead of him. 'I... certainly didn't expect this. Such... such a welcoming place. I've been dealing with the War for too long.'

Despite the welcoming air of the Night Market, Alan couldn't helped but feel slightly overwhelmed in the face of such a large, crowded area. The Tenno was familiar with gunning such crowds down, not being a part of one; it made him feel surprisingly vulnerable. Shaking his head, Alan aimlessly walked around the stalls and observed the interactions of the people around him. There were all types of peoples - families - also browsing, touring and exploring the area that Alan fit right in.

What caught his eye, though, was the glimpse of a very familiar suit from the corner of his peripheral vision. Spinning around, Alan took in the sight of a Nekros Warframe - yet, not fully as he remembered it. Quickly analyzing it, he realized it was a female variant. Arching an eyebrow in curiosity, Alan strode up to the Warframe and addressed the operator, "Hello - Are... you a Tenno?" he asked, adding a shade of hesitant curiosity to his tone of voice.

Alan hummed in agreement, dipping his head towards the crewmen in gratitude, before making his way towards the Market proper at a steady pace. However, once there, he stopped dead in his tracks and gazed in wonder at the wide, bustling shopping area ahead of him. 'I... certainly didn't expect this. Such... such a welcoming place. I've been dealing with the War for too long.'

Despite the welcoming air of the Night Market, Alan couldn't helped but feel slightly overwhelmed in the face of such a large, crowded area. The Tenno was familiar with gunning such crowds down, not being a part of one; it made him feel surprisingly vulnerable. Shaking his head, Alan aimlessly walked around the stalls and observed the interactions of the people around him. There were all types of peoples - families - also browsing, touring and exploring the area that Alan fit right in.

What caught his eye, though, was the glimpse of a very familiar suit from the corner of his peripheral vision. Spinning around, Alan took in the sight of a Nekros Warframe - yet, not fully as he remembered it. Quickly analyzing it, he realized it was a female variant. Arching an eyebrow in curiosity, Alan strode up to the Warframe and addressed the operator, "Hello - Are... you a Tenno?" he asked, adding a shade of hesitant curiosity to his tone of voice.

The woman looked to the stranger who came up to her, perking an eyebrow under her face-mask "What information is that to your curiosity?" asked the Tenno

"Perhaps, perhaps." the artisan replied with a faintly dismal air. But catching sight of the lengths of fabric waiting to be woven again, she brightened up once more. Her work may not be the original and battle-worthy garments worn by the warriors-gods, but they were still art and were appreciated by those who were interested in the customs of the once-mythical Tenno.

As a man approached to make conversation with the Nekros, the artisan turned her attention to another customer who had his eyes on the Asa Syandana replica, whose colour could change based on the energy that was fed into its clasp.

Edited by Arunafeltz

The woman looked to the stranger who came up to her, perking an eyebrow under her face-mask "What information is that to your curiosity?" asked the Tenno

Alan shrugged nonchalantly, drumming his fingers against his thighs as he replied to the Nekros operator, "Nothing, really - just curious as... I don't see many female Nekros' around - hell, any female Nekros'.  You, dare I say it, piqued my interest."

(( Aruna:

Edit: Solved, thanks, amigo. ))

Edited by Kamal965

Alan shrugged nonchalantly, drumming his fingers against his thighs as he replied to the Nekros operator, "Nothing, really - just curious as... I don't see many female Nekros' around - hell, any female Nekros'.  You, dare I say it, piqued my interest."

(( Aruna:

Edit: Solved, thanks, amigo. ))

"I am a rare case of Nekros" Replied the Woman "They know me as Mara"

EDIT: Hmm, I don't remember mentioning that shotguns weren't allowed. Not like it really matters all that much though. Explosives are carefully controlled however.

Having sent Sebastard on his way, the crewman turned to the newcomer and shook his hand, waving to his little Wyrm with the other.

"Welcome to the Arcadia Night Market, friend! Enjoy yourself here and let us know if you need anything done for your beautiful ship here!" he said in welcome.

((OOC: What about the Drakgoon?)

khES4oG.jpg

"Thank you, and though I don't need anything for my ship right now, I'll let you know when I do. Have a good one!"

Infinium swapped from his formal attitude, to a more relaxed stance and stepped through the door. Fortunately, a Frost Prime's only major standout is their nice hat. Aside from that, and a few bits of gold here and there, They were almost indistinguishable from a standard Frost unless you were in their face.

As he walked into the market section of the station, Infinium noticed that there was a kind of noise sounding like something restraining itself, and turned his head to see that Garbles was shaking uncontrollably, emitting a rapid stream of bleeps and squeeks. He grabbed the tail of Garbles before he shot off to do...whatever he did. He couldn't blame him though, Garbles loves new people, and that got Infinium into more than one unconformable situation before. 

After Garbles had calmed down, they proceeded onwards until Infinium spotted something of interest. A coffee shop.

Infinium was so pre-occupied with this amazing discovery that he accidentally bumped into a stand, and after getting his bearings, shook his head a bit, and noticed that;

A: Garbles was making his equivalent of uncontrollable laughter

B: The stand had not been damaged, thankfully, though he could not know the emotional response of the stands person.

C: Many people nearby were looking, Including a bunch of Tenno.

Infinium backed up defensively, raising his arms as if to protect against something

"Ah shoot, I'm sorry!" was his timid response

Garbles just continued to laugh, now simulating a wheeze from laughing too much.

*Edit (( OOC: Sorry about the looking part, fits the bill of power play))

Edited by InfiniumV

Drakgoon should be fine. Using the weapons without a qualified reason to is unlawful though and will lead to your character being buried under a mountain of MOAs and Shade sentinels.

A small Corpus child stared curiously at the Sentinel and tugged at her mother's hand. "I want one, mommy!" She was immediately quietened by her mother, who scooped her up in her arms and hurried off. She had seen enough of the fabled Void demons to know that they weren't always the merciless and bloodthirsty killers that they were made out to be, but the idea of drawing the Frost's attention made her timid.

Meanwhile, the owner of the electronic magazine stand rushed to stabilize the shelf that was almost knocked over. Upon catching sight of the active Wyrm, he broke into merry laughter, waving his hand and assuring the Tenno that everything was fine.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Drakgoon should be fine. Using the weapons without a qualified reason to is unlawful though and will lead to your character being buried under a mountain of MOAs and Shade sentinels.

I'm not so sure about that, A drakgoon, once it's finished garroting/filleting/shredding a target, the shrapnel will go every which-way possible. Also, am I doing anything wrong? Need to know so it can be corrected. For example if Garbles is a bit too sweet, to the point of sickening. Want to avoid that.

"I want one, mommy!"

Garbles laughing slowed. He turned around to see two humans, both female attempting to leave. But this did not matter to Garbles, what mattered, was the earlier statement, He flew after the two, catching up in seconds and began to make an excited chirping, waving his stubby arms in an effort to catch their attention.

Well the management likes to think that it can easily subdue anyone who pulls a gun anywhere in the compound, though one shot from a Drakgoon could probably wipe an entire street(not like people here would be familiar with a Drakgoon though). Explosives in general are a no-no, and while I suppose flammables should be controlled too I don't wanna come off as too restrictive. And don't worry, cute Sentinels are fine.

Her gaze still fixated on the Wyrm, the girl hopped down from her mother's arms and made to run over to the Sentinel. Her mother quickly grabbed her hand and tried to tug her back as gently as she could, resulting in a somewhat comical scene of tug-of-war between mother and daughter, much to the entertainment of the magazine stand man and the surrounding crowd.

Affirmative. I might warn the guard about the Drakkie, if I hear about it idly. Even if it's one of my faves (Seen what it looks like with a max multi-shot on?)

Garbles, now having confirmation that the child was friendly, floated forwards, and stretched out one of his arms, trying to be as cute as a metallic space caterpillar could.

The droids were quick at work, arriving seconds later with his requested products. One of the crewmen at the counter flicked through his order, and his eyes stopped on his last request for the blueprints. Leaning over the counter, he informed his customer that the store also offered various modifications for the G-12 models of drones, and that it could be built on this very station by request if desired.

Nodding his head at the information about other modifications for the G-12 Jerry started, "What other kinds of modifications do you sell I only came for the reactor, but there might be something i could use otherwise."

"For the G-12 series of personnel care drones, we stock tempered alloy hulls, thermal and X-ray optics for providing visual feedback in emergency situations, and a condensate collection unit that can provide a supply of water periodically." said the salesman in his monotone voice. "These custom parts are constructed by our engineers on site at the Arcadian Space Market to be marketed to our customers."

Rolls her eyes in her helmet. "Must be hearing things." She returns to the market square tapping her helmet. "Now where do i begin..."

Wooden benches stood in a ring at a nearby grass field, seating parents laden with shopping bags and snack boxes. From that direction soared a large ball of folded mechanical plastic, whizzing loudly as its multi-coloured components gyrated within its shell. The ball landed at the feet of the Valkyr, and was soon followed by a small group of children dressed in baby blue jumpsuits. They froze upon catching sight of the Tenno, and began pushing each other timidly to retrieve the ball. Eventually, one of the little girls stepped over and scooped up the ball in her arms. She looked up at the face of the Valkyr with a mild gaze and rosy cheeks, managing a soft "Hello" before running off again with her friends.

"I am a rare case of Nekros" Replied the Woman "They know me as Mara"

(( Sorry for the late response. I fell asleep. ))

Alan blinked slowly, mulling over Mara's response. Alan himself was a bit of an oddity - being one of the original Excalibur Primes made him an old war hawk by Tenno standards, as his creation was filled to the brim with preparations for war and genocide of a hostile race, unlike the Nova class Warframe which was created by the Tenno High Council just last year. Of course, this meant Alan had seen a lot over the years, and not much could surprise him anymore.

However, a female Nekros certainly did count as surprising. Alan belatedly realized that he had failed to reply, and quickly shook his head while saying, "Oh. I see. How unique!" with a small smile on his face.