Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

"For the G-12 series of personnel care drones, we stock tempered alloy hulls, thermal and X-ray optics for providing visual feedback in emergency situations, and a condensate collection unit that can provide a supply of water periodically." said the salesman in his monotone voice. "These custom parts are constructed by our engineers on site at the Arcadian Space Market to be marketed to our customers."

"In that case I'll just grab a condensation unit never know when it may come in handy." He reached into his pocket, "How much will all this be?"

Infinium was busy having a small chat with the standsperson when he realized something. Garbles had wandered off again.

Briefly cursing his ignorance, he thanked the standsperson for conversation, apologized again, and quickly hurried off to find his sentinel before he caused another mess, whilst leaving a credit chit with 500 on it.

After winding through the crowds, Infinium eventually found Garbles, although it seemed to be making a slight spectacle, though the child seemed to be fine, the Adult had caught sight of him and seemed that she wanted to leave more so than ever.

This could be...problematic

Infinium began to walk towards the two, stance constantly switching from a formal one, to a relaxed one. When he was close enough, he cleared his throat and extended his right hand, folding his left behind his back.

"No need to be alarmed, I'm not gonna hurt you." His reply was rather shaky, due to his nervousness...

Edited by InfiniumV

Wooden benches stood in a ring at a nearby grass field, seating parents laden with shopping bags and snack boxes. From that direction soared a large ball of folded mechanical plastic, whizzing loudly as its multi-coloured components gyrated within its shell. The ball landed at the feet of the Valkyr, and was soon followed by a small group of children dressed in baby blue jumpsuits. They froze upon catching sight of the Tenno, and began pushing each other timidly to retrieve the ball. Eventually, one of the little girls stepped over and scooped up the ball in her arms. She looked up at the face of the Valkyr with a mild gaze and rosy cheeks, managing a soft "Hello" before running off again with her friends.

She sighs at the sight of the children fleeing. "They always run... It's a pity." She turns her head to look around for something interesting. Noticing some commotion at a Syandana stand. Namely noticing the two Tenno standing there chit-chatting. She strolls over to have a look at what's going on.

A weak transmission signal floats about space hoping for someone to aid them as they are in quite big dilemma.

"Hello?----sssss----can anybody-----ssssss---hear----sssssss----Oye Taire! fix the fricken thing so that-----sssssss----sssssss-sss--" the first part of the transmission was rather to staticky and barely audible, Luckily, they managed to fix it up a little bit and then proceeded with their distress message.

"Greetings to anyone who might hear this, Leica speaking and we are currently floating in nothingness. One or two of our main power reactors blew up because of SOME GENIUS inside this starship thought it was a good idea to mess up all the cable connectors in there ---(Well I'm sorry that I'm trying speed up our travel time...)--- Speed up? Look what you got us into, ugh. Anyways, could anyone be of aid and respond to this message. Leica out."

Little do they know they were lucky enough to float about near the Night Market's shipyard. Hoping that they get at least a feedback, they wait patiently for help.

"In that case I'll just grab a condensation unit never know when it may come in handy." He reached into his pocket, "How much will all this be?"

"Very well sir. Assuming that you wish for your G-12 model to be assembled on site to be collected by you, we charge a 5% construction fee and 0% tax of components. Your bill will amount to... 3780 credits." The man at the counter paused as one of the drone attendants handed him a datapad. "But if you're seeking only the blueprint for the G-12 and prefer to build it yourself, then your bill will be 1180 credits."

Infinium began to walk towards the two, stance constantly switching from a formal one, to a relaxed one. When he was close enough, he cleared his throat and extended his right hand, folding his left behind his back.

"No need to be alarmed, I'm not gonna hurt you." His reply was rather shaky, due to his nervousness...

The little girl turned to face the Tenno, the awe and wonder showing in her face. One of the warrior-gods was talking to her!

Taking advantage of her daughter's enthrallment with the Tenno's noble stature, the woman quickly scooped the girl up in her arms and turned her away from the Wyrm.

"Oh, I'm so sorry- um, sir. My daughter- I don't what got into her she just wanted to, to play with that uh- pet of yours." she said profusely, punctuating every pause with a hasty bow. She didn't exactly fear the Tenno after walking alongside them in the Night Market, but something about their overpowering presence seemed to command a certain level of respect.

A weak transmission signal floats about space hoping for someone to aid them as they are in quite big dilemma.

"Hello?----sssss----can anybody-----ssssss---hear----sssssss----Oye Taire! fix the fricken thing so that-----sssssss----sssssss-sss--" the first part of the transmission was rather to staticky and barely audible, Luckily, they managed to fix it up a little bit and then proceeded with their distress message.

"Greetings to anyone who might hear this, Leica speaking and we are currently floating in nothingness. One or two of our main power reactors blew up because of SOME GENIUS inside this starship thought it was a good idea to mess up all the cable connectors in there ---(Well I'm sorry that I'm trying speed up our travel time...)--- Speed up? Look what you got us into, ugh. Anyways, could anyone be of aid and respond to this message. Leica out."

Little do they know they were lucky enough to float about near the Night Market's shipyard. Hoping that they get at least a feedback, they wait patiently for help.

"Whaddayathink, Jim?"

"Disabled ship huh? Alright, redirect the salvage beams into their direction. I want those asteroids out of the way so we get a direct return path. Draw 'em directly into maintenance garage A9."

"They're not in range, Jim. Lemme send a tugship out."

A minute later, pulse turrets from beneath the exterior bulkheads of the Hangar emerged and gunned down several asteroids that had drifted into the way. From a small pod, a little red-white tugship vessel soared, cruising along its given coordinates. Upon visual contact of the drifting vessel, the tugship pilot hailed them via a communications channel.

"Greetings, captain. The Arcadian Night Market has sent me as a distress signal response. Kindly power down all reflective shielding and inverse pulse thrusters so my vessel can push your ship within range of the space station's tractor beams."

"Very well sir. Assuming that you wish for your G-12 model to be assembled on site to be collected by you, we charge a 5% construction fee and 0% tax of components. Your bill will amount to... 3780 credits." The man at the counter paused as one of the drone attendants handed him a datapad. "But if you're seeking only the blueprint for the G-12 and prefer to build it yourself, then your bill will be 1180 credits."

"Just the blueprints, I'll assemble it at my place of residence." He took a credit chit from his pocket, as well as his tablet plugging the chit in he transferred 1500credits to it before handing it over to the counter attendant. "Could you just have all of these things stored in a crate and ready to be loaded into my ship the Saduj? There are some other things I'd like to see on the station before my long trip back."

"Of course, sir. Your goods will be loaded into your ship's cargo bay within the hour. Thank you for shopping at Marty's Electronics."

As the crewmen bowed to their customer, the drone attendants got to work in packing the goods into a box, sealing it with quick-freeze tape and loading it onto a delivery MOA bound for the Hangar's loading bay.

The little girl turned to face the Tenno, the awe and wonder showing in her face. One of the warrior-gods was talking to her!

Taking advantage of her daughter's enthrallment with the Tenno's noble stature, the woman quickly scooped the girl up in her arms and turned her away from the Wyrm.

"Oh, I'm so sorry- um, sir. My daughter- I don't what got into her she just wanted to, to play with that uh- pet of yours." she said profusely, punctuating every pause with a hasty bow. She didn't exactly fear the Tenno after walking alongside them in the Night Market, but something about their overpowering presence seemed to command a certain level of respect.

"There's no need to be sorry Miss, that's just Garbles being...well...Garbles"

The sentence was punctuated by garbles rising up, and beeping happily in confirmation.

"He's not hostile, but his...enthusiasm with anything, has gotten me into a few interesting scuffles more than once."

He only noticed now that she had bowed whenever  there was a pause in her sentences.

"Errm, is that a standard corpus greeting as well?" Infinium asked quizically, bowing slightly and bringing his left forearm to his waist, and his right arm backwards, before he remembered something.

"Oh, err, sorry, I forgot to ask of your name, Miss..?"

ohS#&$ohS#&$ohS#&$mustbedoingsomethingwrong

((OOC: Pardon my dialogue there, seemed sufficient for my mental response)

I like how awkward this is. And uh she's not pausing intentionally, she's just bowing everytime she pauses cause big Tenno so scary omg

"Oh, I'm Jane Gretchen of Gradivus, sir." she said, now a little more calmly. "And no, I'm um. Just being... polite, yes yes."

The little girl, whose height almost reached up to the Frost's waist, waddled over to him and stared curiously. "Hello..." she murmured.

She sighs at the sight of the children fleeing. "They always run... It's a pity." She turns her head to look around for something interesting. Noticing some commotion at a Syandana stand. Namely noticing the two Tenno standing there chit-chatting. She strolls over to have a look at what's going on.

Alan's attention was dragged away from Maya towards the approaching Valkyr, dipping his head in greeting before returning to Maya.

'Wait... what?'

Alan snapped his head back towards the Valkyr, frowning in confusion. 'Another operator?' He questioned himself, slowly but acutely becoming aware of the parts of the crowd that he had ignored before. Tenno. Distractedly smiling at the Valkyr, Alan mulled over the situation he found himself in. Back, before this latest Grineer-Corpus conflict began and the majority of his fellow Tenno were asleep in their cryopods, Tenno moved with the utmost caution and scarcely showed themselves in public. A single Tenno out and about in a mission wasn't too surprising - and so, Maya hadn't made him notice until just now.

Yet, here they were - mingling in the crowd as if they belonged. As if they weren't the rejects of the Orokin society. Was this what the Lotus meant when she had told him that "times have changed"?

Shoving the issue to the back of his mind for now, Alan re-focused on the Valkyr, attentively listening to whatever she would say.

Alan's attention was dragged away from Maya towards the approaching Valkyr, dipping his head in greeting before returning to Maya.

'Wait... what?'

Alan snapped his head back towards the Valkyr, frowning in confusion. 'Another operator?' He questioned himself, slowly but acutely becoming aware of the parts of the crowd that he had ignored before. Tenno. Distractedly smiling at the Valkyr, Alan mulled over the situation he found himself in. Back, before this latest Grineer-Corpus conflict began and the majority of his fellow Tenno were asleep in their cryopods, Tenno moved with the utmost caution and scarcely showed themselves in public. A single Tenno out and about in a mission wasn't too surprising - and so, Maya hadn't made him notice until just now.

Yet, here they were - mingling in the crowd as if they belonged. As if they weren't the rejects of the Orokin society. Was this what the Lotus meant when she had told him that "times have changed"?

Shoving the issue to the back of his mind for now, Alan re-focused on the Valkyr, attentively listening to whatever she would say.

She lifts her head a little. Raising a hand. "Hello sir. How are you this fine 'eve?" She trotted over to Alan. Noticing the female Nekros beside him. "Hello Fellow Tenno..." She nods slightly. "What brings you two here?" She shrugs as she looks at, and greets, the storekeeper.

Another Tenno! The artisan bowed deeply to the Valkyr, greeting her warmly in return. Moving to the Night Market was really proving to be a good idea, it was here that her craft was actually seen by many and appreciated by some. She also felt quite honoured to have Tenno viewing her Syandana replicas in person, even if she didn't have the skill and expertise of actual Tenno artisans and craftsmen.

Another Tenno! The artisan bowed deeply to the Valkyr, greeting her warmly in return. Moving to the Night Market was really proving to be a good idea, it was here that her craft was actually seen by many and appreciated by some. She also felt quite honoured to have Tenno viewing her Syandana replicas in person, even if she didn't have the skill and expertise of actual Tenno artisans and craftsmen.

"I see you replicate Syandanas?" She turns to the man and Nekros "Excuse me a moment," She slides nonchalantly towards the storekeeper. Brushing her Imperator Syandana over her shoulder. "Ever seen one of theese?" the Imperator clearly being the craftsmanship of a Tenno Artisan.

I like how awkward this is. And uh she's not pausing intentionally, she's just bowing everytime she pauses cause big Tenno so scary omg

"Oh, I'm Jane Gretchen of Gradivus, sir." she said, now a little more calmly. "And no, I'm um. Just being... polite, yes yes."

The little girl, whose height almost reached up to the Frost's waist, waddled over to him and stared curiously. "Hello..." she murmured.

"Nice to meet you Jane, my name is Infinium, and you've already met Garble's here" He gestured to the sentinel. "Hello..." Infinium's attention was drawn to the little girl at his waist. Kneeling to get at eye level with her, he extended his hand again "And who might you be?"

While Alan and the Valkyr chatted, Mara left the two to their talk to explore the market some more, and check out the village, The smell of fresh food was pleasant but after the apple she had, it wasn't tempting, She recalled the time when her mother took her to a market in during the Orokin Era, all kinds of foods where there...

Edited by Drakeardian

"I see you replicate Syandanas?" She turns to the man and Nekros "Excuse me a moment," She slides nonchalantly towards the storekeeper. Brushing her Imperator Syandana over her shoulder. "Ever seen one of theese?" the Imperator clearly being the craftsmanship of a Tenno Artisan.

The artisan was duly impressed. The Imperator Syandana was a type she only heard about from the weaver she learnt her craft from, and was similar to the Yomo in that it was associated with high ranks. And yet here she was, viewing a specimen in the flesh. Their similarities in appearance were notable too, but the thinner fabrics of the Yomo was not as suitable for dyeing, with portions of it usually left as its natural silver colour.

"Marvellous! The material, the dye, even the clasp iz perfect!" the artisan remarked, her excitement and rekindled passion for weaving showing in her face. "I never thought that I would ever get to see one of zis!"

"Nice to meet you Jane, my name is Infinium, and you've already met Garble's here" He gestured to the sentinel. "Hello..." Infinium's attention was drawn to the little girl at his waist. Kneeling to get at eye level with her, he extended his hand again "And who might you be?"

Quickly swallowing the wad of chewy grape gummy in her mouth, the little girl replied.

"Charlotte. Like, like. Like chocolate, mister."

At this point, a crowd had gathered around the scene. Everyone knew of the demons of the Void, but while many were now aware that the Tenno were at least mostly non-hostile and could be reasoned with, their mysterious nature still had everyone having their doubts about these twisted killing machines. But here was a Frost Prime, kneeling to lower himself to the height of a little human girl, and offering his hand. The crowd began to murmur as the girl placed her hand in his. Her ensuing giggle relaxed everyone, however. Whatever was going on, it seemed evident that the Tenno would not harm the child in any way.

While Alan and the Valkyr chatted, Mara left the two to their talk to explore the market some more, and check out the village, The smell of fresh food was pleasant but after the apple she had, it wasn't tempting, She recalled the time when her mother took her to a market in during the Orokin Era, all kinds of foods where there...

The Village was made of low-rise, family-size apartment buildings set in the vague shape of a ring, around the huge Arcadian Hotel in the center. All was quiet in the outer-ring streets of the Village, which seemed to have been designed with the suburban streets of an ancient Earth civilization in mind. Roads of tar lined with cemented sidewalks stretched alongside patches of grass. Lampposts illuminated the streets, and round garbage cans stood outside the paths leading to each apartment. Like the Night Market, the Village was forever trapped in an evening setting, just without the crowds, noise and excitement. It was a place for rest, solace and late-night walks beneath the stars.

Edited by Arunafeltz

The artisan was duly impressed. The Imperator Syandana was a type she only heard about from the weaver she learnt her craft from, and was similar to the Yomo in that it was associated with high ranks. And yet here she was, viewing a specimen in the flesh. Their similarities in appearance were notable too, but the thinner fabrics of the Yomo was not as suitable for dyeing, with portions of it usually left as its natural silver colour.

"Marvellous! The material, the dye, even the clasp iz perfect!" the artisan remarked, her excitement and rekindled passion for weaving showing in her face. "I never thought that I would ever get to see one of zis!"

She chuckles slightly. "You're welcome then. I also have theese." She lifts her hands to reveal her Kogake hand covers. With a Daman style Sugatra dangling from each hand cover. "They're of excellent workmanship. My Pazza Sugatra are on my Dual Heat Swords back in my ship."

She chuckles slightly. "You're welcome then. I also have theese." She lifts her hands to reveal her Kogake hand covers. With a Daman style Sugatra dangling from each hand cover. "They're of excellent workmanship. My Pazza Sugatra are on my Dual Heat Swords back in my ship."

Somewhat interested, the artisan examined the dangly trinkets, her curious gaze taking in every detail. She had heard that there was another artisan who crafted these Sugatras on the other end of the Night Market, though she wasn't sure if he was still there or not. They were curious little things that were beautiful in their own ways, but these accessories were meant for weapons.

"So pretty! They remind me of the fancy straps that my mothers before me used to hang on our personal smartphones." said the artisan, recalling the accessories that ladies liked to adorn their communications gadgets with.

Somewhat interested, the artisan examined the dangly trinkets, her curious gaze taking in every detail. She had heard that there was another artisan who crafted these Sugatras on the other end of the Night Market, though she wasn't sure if he was still there or not. They were curious little things that were beautiful in their own ways, but these accessories were meant for weapons.

"So pretty! They remind me of the fancy straps that my mothers before me used to hang on our personal smartphones."

She nods. "Hmmm. Interesting. The Daman is based off an Orokin design..." She nods to her Imperator Syandana. "This however... Was much harder to obtain. I managed to find an ancient and quite moldy Orokin Era original in a crate inside the void. Alas I had a Tenno Syandana Artisan reclaim it a little. I'm sure you understand why. A Syandana that old that's suprsingly still intact is extremely rare. Let alone suited only for handling of the best Syandana Artisans."

Edited by Pwn3rb0i

Quickly swallowing the wad of chewy grape gummy in her mouth, the little girl replied.

"Charlotte. Like, like. Like chocolate, mister."

At this point, a crowd had gathered around the scene. Everyone knew of the demons of the Void, but while many were now aware that the Tenno were at least mostly non-hostile and could be reasoned with, their mysterious nature still had everyone having their doubts about these twisted killing machines. But here was a Frost Prime, kneeling to lower himself to the height of a little human girl, and offering his hand. The crowd began to murmur as the girl placed her hand in his. Her ensuing giggle relaxed everyone, however. Whatever was going on, it seemed evident that the Tenno would not harm the child in any way.

Behind his helmet, Infinium smiled slightly, though he was unsure how to respond to the statement.

"Well then, It's nice to meet you as well Charlotte" Infinium punctuated this by gently shaking her hand, all too aware of his strength.

He stood up, and realized that he had created quite the crowd because of his actions, and Garbles looked so excited to the point that he would detonate.

"Well, um, Hello Everyone!" the Prime could only manage a weak little wave.

"Perhaps we should,er, speak elsewhere?"

She nods. "Hmmm. Interesting. The Daman is based off an Orokin design..." She nods to her Imperator Syandana. "This however... Was much harder to obtain. I managed to find an ancient and quite moldy Orokin Era original in a crate inside the void. Alas I had a Tenno Syandana Artisan reclaim it a little. I'm sure you understand why. A Syandana that old that's suprsingly still intact is extremely rare. Let alone suited only for handling of the best Syandana Artisans."

"Of course, of course." the artisan nodded. "An amazing find, this one. How fortunate that specimens like this were discovered, so that craftsmen today can recreate the designs that were once thought as lost!"

Behind his helmet, Infinium smiled slightly, though he was unsure how to respond to the statement.

"Well then, It's nice to meet you as well Charlotte" Infinium punctuated this by gently shaking her hand, all too aware of his strength.

He stood up, and realized that he had created quite the crowd because of his actions, and Garbles looked so excited to the point that he would detonate.

"Well, um, Hello Everyone!" the Prime could only manage a weak little wave.

"Perhaps we should,er, speak elsewhere?"

The crowd began to disperse as they went on their way roaming the streets of the Night Market. With a thumb in her mouth, little Charlotte looked up at her mother, who was still slightly bewildered with talking to a Tenno.

"Well um, I was just taking my child for a walk in the Market. We just moved here, you see." the woman said, as she ruffled her daughter's golden locks with a gentle hand.

Mara continued her venture into the Village, seeing what may come to light or what to discover.

Brief introduction of this character is on a post in page 1, made in response to Cazzzz who probably isn't still here.

"Still no sign of whatever was going on. Guess I should head for a drink..."

Her voice trailing off, Lady Sheriff turned around as she made a complete loop patrol of the Village's dimly-lit streets. Troublemakers in the Village were rare, but there was still the occasional drunkard who had a few drops too many at the Hotel's Bar or the Night Market, and figured that defacing the side of an apartment building was a good idea for entertainment. There was still no trace of whatever had caused the previous commotion, however.

She took a moment to sweep her dark brown bangs out of her face and adjust her fedora with the help of a window in a nearby flat. Her green eyes were ever alert, their sweeping gaze quickly settling on a Warframe that was heading down the street. Suspicious? Not exactly. But perhaps a quick chat was in order.

Sheriff waved a hand to catch the Nekros's attention before crossing the street to approach her.

"Hail, Tenno. What brings you to the Village this fine evening?"

Brief introduction of this character is on a post in page 1, made in response to Cazzzz who probably isn't still here.

"Still no sign of whatever was going on. Guess I should head for a drink..."

Her voice trailing off, Lady Sheriff turned around as she made a complete loop patrol of the Village's dimly-lit streets. Troublemakers in the Village were rare, but there was still the occasional drunkard who had a few drops too many at the Hotel's Bar or the Night Market, and figured that defacing the side of an apartment building was a good idea for entertainment. There was still no trace of whatever had caused the previous commotion, however.

She took a moment to sweep her dark brown bangs out of her face and adjust her fedora with the help of a window in a nearby flat. Her green eyes were ever alert, their sweeping gaze quickly settling on a Warframe that was heading down the street. Suspicious? Not exactly. But perhaps a quick chat was in order.

Sheriff waved a hand to catch the Nekros's attention before crossing the street to approach her.

"Hail, Tenno. What brings you to the Village this fine evening?"

Mara looked to the Sheriff with a raised eyebrow "Who may you be to ask?" not recognising the the sheriff's uniform as a officer of Law and order

The crowd began to disperse as they went on their way roaming the streets of the Night Market. With a thumb in her mouth, little Charlotte looked up at her mother, who was still slightly bewildered with talking to a Tenno.

"Well um, I was just taking my child for a walk in the Market. We just moved here, you see." the woman said, as she ruffled her daughter's golden locks with a gentle hand.

Infinium nodded in acknowledgement. "Perhaps we could go to that coffee shop back there," He made a backward thumb gesture in the cafe's direction.

"Seeing as you have a minor with you," He makes another gesture, one with an open hand towards Charlotte "We would not be allowed in that fancy place over there," he points toward the Arcadian Hotel, "So that...'Creamy Sands' place sounds like a good option, What say you?"

The silence of space was broken as Corpus engines hummed their tune, It was a Corvette classed vessel that slowly maneuvered towards the station.

As a flicker announced the shields powering down and weapons that slinked back into the Precise and Surgical angles and edges of the vessel a voice emerged from the intercom.. "This is the Flock vessel Atkeh requesting permission to dock on the station Arcadia"