Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

Mara looked to the Sheriff with a raised eyebrow "Who may you be to ask?" not recognising the the sheriff's uniform as a officer of Law and order

Evidently the badge on her fedora didn't exactly give it away, but the Sheriff paid that no mind.

"Sheriff Fllay of Arcadia. This here is my fine town of law-abiding folks from Gradivus looking to start over with their lives." she replied, with her hands on her hips. "Folks 'round here call me Lady Sheriff. Now, anything I can help you with?"

Infinium nodded in acknowledgement. "Perhaps we could go to that coffee shop back there," He made a backward thumb gesture in the cafe's direction.

"Seeing as you have a minor with you," He makes another gesture, one with an open hand towards Charlotte "We would not be allowed in that fancy place over there," he points toward the Arcadian Hotel, "So that...'Creamy Sands' place sounds like a good option, What say you?"

"Oh, well um... if you fancy a trip to the cafe, sure! It-it's my pleasure!" the woman said, quite startled that she was invited to coffee by a Tenno. Nestled in her arms, little Charlotte's eyes brightened up when she heard 'Creamy Sands'.

"Charlotte milkshake!" she cried as she waved her arms. 

The silence of space was broken as Corpus engines hummed their tune, It was a Corvette classed vessel that slowly maneuvered towards the station.

As a flicker announced the shields powering down and weapons that slinked back into the Precise and Surgical angles and edges of the vessel a voice emerged from the intercom.. "This is the Flock vessel Atkeh requesting permission to dock on the station Arcadia"

"Permission granted, Atkeh. Green light to dock at landing pad 22." came the reply from the station crew. "Welcome to the Night Market."

On cue, a landing pad extended from a crane at the bottom of the Hangar. Tractor beams locked onto the entering vessel to guide it on a straight course to the landing pad, while restricting any sudden turns or swerves in the odd event that its pilot would try to.

"Oh, well um... if you fancy a trip to the cafe, sure! It-it's my pleasure!" the woman said, quite startled that she was invited to coffee by a Tenno. Nestled in her arms, little Charlotte's eyes brightened up when she heard 'Creamy Sands'.

"Charlotte milkshake!" she cried as she waved her arms. 

Infinium chuckled softly, as the group began to walk towards the Café

"Well, that's Charlotte sorted, what'll you take?"

Before she could reply, Infinium added something to the statement;

"And don't worry about expenses either, I'll pay for the lot...Sorry for that interruption, now, uh, what were you gonna order?", he finished the last part of his sentence sheepishly, remembering that he should say that beforehand, and not interrupt.

What on earth am I doing? Oh to hell with it, This is starting to get really weird now, and that's when the interesting stuff starts to happen

Even though it's not the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life.

"Permission granted, Atkeh. Green light to dock at landing pad 22." came the reply from the station crew. "Welcome to the Night Market."

On cue, a landing pad extended from a crane at the bottom of the Hangar. Tractor beams locked onto the entering vessel to guide it on a straight course to the landing pad, while restricting any sudden turns or swerves in the odd event that its pilot would try to.

"Thank you Arcadia, we are beginning docking procedures now"

The Atkeh was drawn inside the hanger and onto the landing pad, Because of its stature as a Corvette it was easily one of the largest vessel in the hanger and any larger it would be forced to dock outside.

The landing pads supports groaned as the Atkeh barely fit on the pad, The whine of dying engines filled the bay as it nestled in and soon the ship quietened down and a Ramp lowered letting the Crewmen inside unload their cargo of supplies and goods.

As the Crewmen continued on their business another door opened up near the cockpit and More crewmen began to exit, and then a most unlikely member, a Tenno, A Dark green Vauban with a Espirit helm with golden yellow Secondaries and accents to be precise, His Uru syandana of similar colour flowed in the artificially generated wind of the hanger.

Crab, As he was often called was different from most other Tenno, Despite Tenno often being silent and graceful in their movement and manner.. Crab on the other hand was way too lax and talked too much, But that didn't hamper his combat skills at all..

"Cheers guys, Say thanks to the head guy for me." Crab thanked the Captain of the ship and turned around to address the stunned Dock worker, Who seemed to be still getting his bearings.

He noticed something was missing and turned around and whistled at the ship, and in no time at all a clumsy Carabus sentinel sped out the door and knocked a fragile package out of a corpus crewman's hand followed by angry ranting. "Oh for gods sakes, your as elegant as a Drunken, cross-eyed Grineer without his milk" Crab face-palmed and turned around to address the even more stunned dockworker.. "Greetings.. Just to let you know my friends here have some supplies that need to be checked out if thats all cool with you."

I never thought that I'd actually have to play the roles of a civillian mother-and-daughter. Should be interesting...

"Oh no, I can't let you handle the bill! I guess we can settle that afterwards though..." Jane replied, also quite awkwardly. 

The interior of the Creamy Sands cafe had a different atmosphere from the Night Market it was situated in. A merry electric fireplace burned away in a corner while imitation candles gave the place a warm glow. With cushy chairs, seasoned wooden tables and the delicious smells of pastry and coffee in the air, the cafe gave the rare impression of an ancient Earth afternoon coffee shop. A little bell by the door rang as they entered, leading to every waitress and the man at the counter giving their friendly greetings, "Welcome to the Creamy Sands!"

As the group took their seats, a pretty and slender black-haired waitress dressed in a blue housemaid dress and white apron stepped over to take their orders. Charlotte reached for her as she approached, and she gave the girl a little pat on the head as she raised her datapad.

"Good afternoon! May I have your order?" she asked with a warm smile.

"Charlotte here will have a chocolate milkshake, and I'll have a cup of your nutmeg coffee." Jane replied. trying to restrain her daughter from reaching over and grabbing the datapad from the waitress's hands. Charlotte made a whining noise as her mother said 'milkshake', so she added, "Um, yes. Rainbow sprinkles with that milkshake too, but please no ice. Wouldn't want her to get a cough."

"Thank you Arcadia, we are beginning docking procedures now"

The Atkeh was drawn inside the hanger and onto the landing pad, Because of its stature as a Corvette it was easily one of the largest vessel in the hanger and any larger it would be forced to dock outside.

The landing pads supports groaned as the Atkeh barely fit on the pad, The whine of dying engines filled the bay as it nestled in and soon the ship quietened down and a Ramp lowered letting the Crewmen inside unload their cargo of supplies and goods.

As the Crewmen continued on their business another door opened up near the cockpit and More crewmen began to exit, and then a most unlikely member, a Tenno, A Dark green Vauban with a Espirit helm with golden yellow Secondaries and accents to be precise, His Uru syandana of similar colour flowed in the artificially generated wind of the hanger.

Crab, As he was often called was different from most other Tenno, Despite Tenno often being silent and graceful in their movement and manner.. Crab on the other hand was way too lax and talked too much, But that didn't hamper his combat skills at all..

"Cheers guys, Say thanks to the head guy for me." Crab thanked the Captain of the ship and turned around to address the stunned Dock worker, Who seemed to be still getting his bearings.

He noticed something was missing and turned around and whistled at the ship, and in no time at all a clumsy Carabus sentinel sped out the door and knocked a fragile package out of a corpus crewman's hand followed by angry ranting. "Oh for gods sakes, your as elegant as a Drunken, cross-eyed Grineer without his milk" Crab face-palmed and turned around to address the even more stunned dockworker.. "Greetings.. Just to let you know my friends here have some supplies that need to be checked out if thats all cool with you."

"Not a problem sir" said one of the Hangar foremen as he directed a magnetic sled into the direction of the Atkeh. "My assistant here will... assist your crew in their cargo processing and unloading. Sebastard!"

The unfortunately-named MOA quickly hopped over from the screening deck to the foreman's side. Patting the robot on its head, the foreman pointed him to the parked vessel. "Loading and unloading bay. Go."

"Not a problem sir" said one of the Hangar foremen as he directed a magnetic sled into the direction of the Atkeh. "My assistant here will... assist your crew in their cargo processing and unloading. Sebastard!"

The unfortunately-named MOA quickly hopped over from the screening deck to the foreman's side. Patting the robot on its head, the foreman pointed him to the parked vessel. "Loading and unloading bay. Go."

Crab quickly noticed the MOA and stopped it for a moment. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa.. If i see a a Machine i just can't but help getting a closer look at it, I happen to know a fair bit about robotics so if its fine with you i'd like to have a look at.. Heh.. Sebastard"

I never thought that I'd actually have to play the roles of a civillian mother-and-daughter. Should be interesting...

"Oh no, I can't let you handle the bill! I guess we can settle that afterwards though..." Jane replied, also quite awkwardly.

The interior of the Creamy Sands cafe had a different atmosphere from the Night Market it was situated in. A merry electric fireplace burned away in a corner while imitation candles gave the place a warm glow. With cushy chairs, seasoned wooden tables and the delicious smells of pastry and coffee in the air, the cafe gave the rare impression of an ancient Earth afternoon coffee shop. A little bell by the door rang as they entered, leading to every waitress and the man at the counter giving their friendly greetings, "Welcome to the Creamy Sands!"

As the group took their seats, a pretty and slender black-haired waitress dressed in a blue housemaid dress and white apron stepped over to take their orders. Charlotte reached for her as she approached, and she gave the girl a little pat on the head as she raised her datapad.

"Good afternoon! May I have your order?" she asked with a warm smile.

"Charlotte here will have a chocolate milkshake, and I'll have a cup of your nutmeg coffee." Jane replied. trying to restrain her daughter from reaching over and grabbing the datapad from the waitress's hands. Charlotte made a whining noise as her mother said 'milkshake', so she added, "Um, yes. Rainbow sprinkles with that milkshake too, but please no ice. Wouldn't want her to get a cough."

"Good Evening, If you have some available, May I please have a Butterscotch coffee and a side of Biscuits?

Everything seems to be going fine, but there is usually a calm before a storm. Wonder what's gonna happen.

Garbles noticed that Charlotte was getting rather bored, and was starting to fidget, so he took it upon himself to alleviate that boredom, and waved his stubby arms around, indicating that he wanted to play.

Edited by InfiniumV

Evidently the badge on her fedora didn't exactly give it away, but the Sheriff paid that no mind.

"Sheriff Fllay of Arcadia. This here is my fine town of law-abiding folks from Gradivus looking to start over with their lives." she replied, with her hands on her hips. "Folks 'round here call me Lady Sheriff. Now, anything I can help you with?"

"No, I am simply quenching my curiosities Sheriff, but thank you for your concern" Replied Mara as she went on her way, The lack of emotion would surely disturb even the most optimistic of persons

"Whaddayathink, Jim?"

"Disabled ship huh? Alright, redirect the salvage beams into their direction. I want those asteroids out of the way so we get a direct return path. Draw 'em directly into maintenance garage A9."

"They're not in range, Jim. Lemme send a tugship out."

A minute later, pulse turrets from beneath the exterior bulkheads of the Hangar emerged and gunned down several asteroids that had drifted into the way. From a small pod, a little red-white tugship vessel soared, cruising along its given coordinates. Upon visual contact of the drifting vessel, the tugship pilot hailed them via a communications channel.

"Greetings, captain. The Arcadian Night Market has sent me as a distress signal response. Kindly power down all reflective shielding and inverse pulse thrusters so my vessel can push your ship within range of the space station's tractor beams."

"Whew, thank you for the immediate response sir, we'll power down in a short while." Leica nodded to Taire and then he shutdown every possible mechanisms that may hinder their progress of being saved. "Alright, we are all set. Ready when you are." Leica and Taire buckled up as they expect that the rescue mission might be a bumpy ride.

Crab quickly noticed the MOA and stopped it for a moment. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa.. If i see a a Machine i just can't but help getting a closer look at it, I happen to know a fair bit about robotics so if its fine with you i'd like to have a look at.. Heh.. Sebastard"

Sebastard cocked its head to the side as Crab examined its build. Restored from a damaged security MOA, Sebastard hull was dyed brown instead of the standard green, and had his laser repeater replaced with a tractor beam gun to assist it in its duties.

"Good Evening, If you have some available, May I please have a Butterscotch coffee and a side of Biscuits?

Everything seems to be going fine, but there is usually a calm before a storm. Wonder what's gonna happen.

Garbles noticed that Charlotte was getting rather bored, and was starting to fidget, so he took it upon himself to alleviate that boredom, and waved his stubby arms around, indicating that he wanted to play.

"Of course. I'll be back in a minute!" the waitress said as she turned on the spot and took her leave.

Charlotte held the Wyrm's arms with tiny hands, giggling all the while. She hadn't seen anything like it before, but thought that it was quite cute all the same. Her mother agreed to some extent, it was as cute as a hovering alien larva could get. Jane ran her fingers through her child's golden locks, parting her curls to frame her porcelain face. Perhaps she'll pick up a ribbon or hairband for her hair later. Now that she was at the Night Market, she should do some proper shopping after all.

True to her word, the waitress was quick to return to their table. Setting pots of milk and sugar on the table, she served the adults their coffee on saucers, and a plastic cup for Charlotte's milkshake, which was wrapped in tissue so it wouldn't be too cold for her to hold. As the Frost requested, she added a dish of the Barista's specialty milk powdered biscuits, perfect as an accompaniment to his finely-crafted beverages.

"Enjoy!" the waitress said, smiling wider than ever.

"CHARLOTTE MILKSHAKE." the little girl cried in reply. She stuck a straw into her chocolate milkshake and began to sip, her eyes closed in bliss.

"No, I am simply quenching my curiosities Sheriff, but thank you for your concern" Replied Mara as she went on her way, The lack of emotion would surely disturb even the most optimistic of persons

"Very well then. You can reach the Hotel if you walk towards the fountain, if you need a bed for your weary head." Sheriff replied, understanding that the Tenno before her wasn't exactly inclined towards conversation. "Enjoy your walk."

As they parted ways, she glanced around the streets for any sign of anything out of the ordinary. But it was just like any other day, as usual. Sighing a little, Sheriff slipped her hands into her coat pockets and headed round the blocks for a detour route around the Market to the Creamy Sands. She didn't feel like walking through a crowd at the moment, or talking much for that matter. Maybe what she needed was a drink.

Yes. A hot cup of Sandy Cream was what she needed.

"Whew, thank you for the immediate response sir, we'll power down in a short while." Leica nodded to Taire and then he shutdown every possible mechanisms that may hinder their progress of being saved. "Alright, we are all set. Ready when you are." Leica and Taire buckled up as they expect that the rescue mission might be a bumpy ride.

"Roger. Hang tight in your seats, folks."

Placing its flat-tipped nose under the vessel's wing, the tugship nudged the ship and turned it towards the station's Hangar, then got into position at the stranded ship's posterior. After a brief pause, the tugship's engines roared, pushing the vessel through the asteroid field until it was in-range of the Hanger's great gates.

"That's them, Jim. Open up the hatch, I'll raise the tractor beams. Bob, I want a clear route from the salvage shaft to an open maintenance garage."

As the tugship pushed furiously to keep the stranded ship out of the way of the ships entering and leaving the Hangar, a tracking laser locked onto to the ship to guide the tractor beams, which emerged a few seconds later. After a short screening for explosives and a ride through a salvage transportation duct, the ship was lowered onto a lift and carried to maintenance garage A3. A crewman was there to meet the pilots of the stranded ship as they arrived.

"I suppose you need repairs. Rest assured that our mechanics are more than capable of patching your little vessel here till she's right as day. Oh, and welcome. Welcome to the Arcadia Night Market."

Sebastard cocked its head to the side as Crab examined its build. Restored from a damaged security MOA, Sebastard hull was dyed brown instead of the standard green, and had his laser repeater replaced with a tractor beam gun to assist it in its duties.

After tinkering with it a bit, Crab knocks on the side of it slightly. "Jeez, This things Mark 4 or 3, They got Mark 7 out now.. And He got damaged bits and missing parts all over, its a wonder its still moving.. Where'd you get this hunk?" Crab finishes up with the inspection and closes the pack on the back of the MOA up.

"Mmm? Sebastard?" the foreman scratched his head a little before answering. "Oh yeah, picked him off a scrap dealer back in Gradivus. According to him, this model got busted during an invasion on Martialis and got thrown out. Our mechanics fixed him up, but we didn't really bother investing in newer parts for him. Not like he needs them though, eh Sabastard?"

Sebastard was a few seconds slow in responding, but nodded confidently.

Mara nodded to the Sheriff, Some real rest would be nice in this due time, She went across past the said fountain before stopping to observe it. She pondered and examined it. Stroking the water along with her warframed fingers

"Hmm...Water..."

Edited by Drakeardian

The fountain stood at the end of the street, marking the border between the outer and inner ring of the Village. It was constructed from actual stone, a material that was rarely used these days. While the fountain wasn't particularly grand or elegant, it's simple three-tier structure and nine water jets added enough complexity to the piece. Then again, a stone fountain like those that could once be seen in town squares on ancient Earth was certainly an uncommon sight. Most modern water sculptures were large, constructed of various polymers and metal, and used together with fluorescent emitters to produce enchanting light shows.

With a whump, a ship dropped out of FTL travel. It was a ship that few had seen for a long time. A restored Orokin stealth frigate. It was long, sleek, and carried far more firepower that it's size suggested. It was shaped like a dart, with a pair of diminutive wings at it's rear. The front was taken up almost entirely by a heavy rail gun. It also carried several heavy laser cannons and a pair of torpedo launchers, and it shimmered slightly due to a powerful energy shield. It opened up a comm channel with the station.

"This is the Bladed Spectre, requesting permission to dock."

"Permission granted, Blade Spectre. Proceed to landing pad 29 for docking."

With a loud, mechanical groan that was lost to the vacuum of space, a landing pad emerged from the Hangar doors via a crane to receive the docking frigate. A pair of tugships flanked the Spectre as it entered the Hangar, helping to keep it on the mapped path to avoid crossing the courses of the departing ships in neighbouring lanes.

The frigate slid into the dock, its sleek black form seeming slightly out of place among the vastly more common civilian transports and cargo ships. It rested on the pad with a gentle thump. A ramp extended from the middle of the ship, and a Tenno stepped out. It was an Ember Prime, red, white and grey. The haft of a Reaper Prime was visible over her shoulder, and a Lato Prime rested on one hip. The flames in her head were a pale orange, almost yellow. She strode down the ramp, heading towards the market.

"Of course, sir. Your goods will be loaded into your ship's cargo bay within the hour. Thank you for shopping at Marty's Electronics."

As the crewmen bowed to their customer, the drone attendants got to work in packing the goods into a box, sealing it with quick-freeze tape and loading it onto a delivery MOA bound for the Hangar's loading bay.

Jerry thanked the crewman before turning and leaving. He checked his tablet to see that the sensors on his ship detected a Corpus vessel, he locked the tablet, "Where to eat." he spoke mostly to himself as he scanned the nearby establishment signs looking for an eatery of sorts.

"Of course. I'll be back in a minute!" the waitress said as she turned on the spot and took her leave.

Charlotte held the Wyrm's arms with tiny hands, giggling all the while. She hadn't seen anything like it before, but thought that it was quite cute all the same. Her mother agreed to some extent, it was as cute as a hovering alien larva could get. Jane ran her fingers through her child's golden locks, parting her curls to frame her porcelain face. Perhaps she'll pick up a ribbon or hairband for her hair later. Now that she was at the Night Market, she should do some proper shopping after all.

True to her word, the waitress was quick to return to their table. Setting pots of milk and sugar on the table, she served the adults their coffee on saucers, and a plastic cup for Charlotte's milkshake, which was wrapped in tissue so it wouldn't be too cold for her to hold. As the Frost requested, she added a dish of the Barista's specialty milk powdered biscuits, perfect as an accompaniment to his finely-crafted beverages.

"Enjoy!" the waitress said, smiling wider than ever.

"CHARLOTTE MILKSHAKE." the little girl cried in reply. She stuck a straw into her chocolate milkshake and began to sip, her eyes closed in bliss.

Hey Arunafeltz, I sent a PM with a question in regards to the limits of our character's appearances, can you please reply at your earliest convenience

So they DO have coffee beans in the grimdark future. Is it really that grimdark though?

"Many thanks, Miss, have a good one." Infinium thanked the waitress, and retracted the small front portion of his helmet, enough so that he could get to the delicious coffee, not enough to reveal his face.

"CHARLOTTE MILKSHAKE!"

Infinium was taken off guard by the outburst, almost spilling a bit of his coffee, before composing himself, and chuckled in amusement.

Taking a sip of the coffee, Infiniums smile widened

Heh, this is good stuff, wonder what's going to happen next.

"So, um...er, what are we going to talk about?"

The Ember Prime walked through the market, drawing a few stares, but paid them no heed. She was used to having people stare at her. She wondered until she found a stall selling, to her surprise, old music discs. She began examining some of them.

Jerry thanked the crewman before turning and leaving. He checked his tablet to see that the sensors on his ship detected a Corpus vessel, he locked the tablet, "Where to eat." he spoke mostly to himself as he scanned the nearby establishment signs looking for an eatery of sorts.

The streets of the Night Market were lined with dozens and dozens of snack stalls, though there were a few established eateries like an ice cream parlor, a noodles restaurant, a pizzeria and the little Creamy Sands cafe. Whatever anyone craved for, the Night Market was sure to deliver.

Mara went on her way to the hotel, walking up to the Counter as she looked around at the Hotel's Decor

"Welcome to the Arcadian Hotel! May I help you with anything?" said the receptionist warmly as the Nekros entered.

The lobby and atrium of the Hotel was high-ceilinged and lit by elegant chandeliers. The floor was polished marble, and every inch of the walls were draped with tapestries woven by local craftsmen. In the center of the lobby was a stone statue of a one-man asteroid mining vessel, its main excavation drill exposed from beneath the nose of the craft. It was a tribute to the miner pilot Dingo Maku of Gradivus, who saved the Arcadia Night Market from the potential threat of the Infestation by crashing his mining vessel into an Infested frigate that was drifting towards the station while it was still in its vulnerable infancy.

"So, um...er, what are we going to talk about?"

"Oh, well um... did you have anything in mind?" Jane asked as she lifted the cup to her lips. After a few sips, her shoulders relaxed a little and she leaned back in her seat. She hadn't realized how uptight she had been after moving to the Night Market with her sister. New place, new surroundings and mostly new people. The Night Market was welcoming and hospitable, she just had some difficulty adjusting to her new life.

As the Valkyr turned away from him and began a conversation with the syandana seller, Alan wandered off in a daze. After just a few steps, he stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around in a full circle, taking in the crowd; taking in the Tenno. Closing his eyes, Alan swallowed down the small anxiety in him and continued on his aimless path.

It wasn't to be, however, as his wondering mind caught up with him not too soon later and left him feeling overwhelmed. Stumbling to the side, Alan leaned against what he had noted as a cafe in the back of his mind. Blinking rapidly, Alan resisted the urge to sink to his knees, instead choosing to gaze up at the dark abyss of space above him.

While, in truth, what he was worrying about wasn't too big - it still had his doubt. Alan had been one of the few Tenno to not go into cryosleep - instead choosing to meditate for the centuries in which his brothers slept, ever alert; ever guarding his brothers against those who would do them harm in their most defenseless of times. And ever since his fellow Tenno had begun to wake up, Alan instead chose to do the missions assigned to him and stay reclusive when out of missions, having been a habit formed from being a hermit for hundreds of years. So, of course, he couldn't have anticipated such a cultural expansion from both the Tenno and the rest of the races.

It seems the Lotus had been right in forcing him to begin socializing. Shaking his head clear, Alan took in a deep breath and evened out his emotions, before glancing down at his medallion. 'It would be counter-productive for me to continue masquerading as a regular human. Perhaps I ought to show that I am a Tenno - and a proud Prime.'

However, as grabbed the medallion, he realized that suddenly turning into a Tenno might not be the best thing to do in the middle of the street. Perhaps he could do it later.

"Oh, well um... did you have anything in mind?" Jane asked as she lifted the cup to her lips. After a few sips, her shoulders relaxed a little and she leaned back in her seat. She hadn't realized how uptight she had been after moving to the Night Market with her sister. New place, new surroundings and mostly new people. The Night Market was welcoming and hospitable, she just had some difficulty adjusting to her new life.

"I'm afraid not, I'm sorry." Infinium raised his cup to take another sip, and some swore they saw a glowing eye inside the helm, before he placed the cup down again.

The Frost Prime raised his hand to where the chin of his helm was roughly located, thinking about what he could tell them about.

The Tenno? Way too risky for some stuff, but not other parts

His adventures? Very probable.

His affliction? That would be...difficult.

The family before him? Probably the best idea

"Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, but perhaps you could, well...erm, Tell me about yourselves? You don't have to if you don't want to." Infinium asked, somewhat timidly.

This is a volatile subject, better prepare the second one incase I need to change it.

He sent a message to Garbles.

'Could you get me the Lockbox? The one with the -You-Know-Whats-?'

Garbles looked at Infinium, Nodded quickly and made a quick good bye with Charlotte

Flying out of the Cafe, Garbles flew to the hanger and back into the Shadow Dancer, before picking up a dark, metallic box with a series of locker mechanisms visible, and after flying back to the Creamy Sands, placed the box next to Infinium and returning to Charlotte

Edited by InfiniumV

As the Valkyr turned away from him and began a conversation with the syandana seller, Alan wandered off in a daze. After just a few steps, he stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around in a full circle, taking in the crowd; taking in the Tenno. Closing his eyes, Alan swallowed down the small anxiety in him and continued on his aimless path.

It wasn't to be, however, as his wondering mind caught up with him not too soon later and left him feeling overwhelmed. Stumbling to the side, Alan leaned against what he had noted as a cafe in the back of his mind. Blinking rapidly, Alan resisted the urge to sink to his knees, instead choosing to gaze up at the dark abyss of space above him.

While, in truth, what he was worrying about wasn't too big - it still had his doubt. Alan had been one of the few Tenno to not go into cryosleep - instead choosing to meditate for the centuries in which his brothers slept, ever alert; ever guarding his brothers against those who would do them harm in their most defenseless of times. And ever since his fellow Tenno had begun to wake up, Alan instead chose to do the missions assigned to him and stay reclusive when out of missions, having been a habit formed from being a hermit for hundreds of years. So, of course, he couldn't have anticipated such a cultural expansion from both the Tenno and the rest of the races.

It seems the Lotus had been right in forcing him to begin socializing. Shaking his head clear, Alan took in a deep breath and evened out his emotions, before glancing down at his medallion. 'It would be counter-productive for me to continue masquerading as a regular human. Perhaps I ought to show that I am a Tenno - and a proud Prime.'

However, as grabbed the medallion, he realized that suddenly turning into a Tenno might not be the best thing to do in the middle of the street. Perhaps he could do it later.

"Hey, you there. Feeling alright? A problem with crowds- or?"

Nothing escaped her green eyes. The Sheriff had noticed the man standing off the path as she headed to the Creamy Sands, and he looked like he was going to be sick. With a faint air of concern that was hidden under her permanent look of perpetual boredom, she approached the man with her hands in her coat.

"I'm afraid not, I'm sorry." Infinium raised his cup to take another sip, and some swore they saw a glowing eye inside the helm, before he placed the cup down again.

The Frost Prime raised his hand to where the chin of his helm was roughly located, thinking about what he could tell them about.

The Tenno? Way too risky for some stuff, but not other parts

His adventures? Very probable.

His affliction? That would be...difficult.

The family before him? Probably the best idea

"Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, but perhaps you could, well...erm, Tell me about yourselves? You don't have to if you don't want to." Infinium asked, somewhat timidly.

This is a volatile subject, better prepare the second one incase I need to change it.

He sent a message to Garbles.

'Could you get me the Keybox? The one with the -You-Know-Whats-?'

Garbles looked at Infinium, Nodded quickly and made a quick good bye with Charlotte

Flying out of the Cafe, Garbles flew to the hanger and back into the Shadow Dancer, before picking up a dark, metallic box with a series of locker mechanisms visible, and after flying back to the Creamy Sands, placed the box next to Infinium and returning to Charlotte

"Oh... Well um. I used to live with my family in a civillian colony on Gradivus." she said, holding Charlotte tightly in her arms as she recalled her previous home. "Grew up, schooled and married there. Had baby Charlotte as well, she was the tiniest most beautiful thing when she was born. With golden hair like her father..."

She half-raised her cup to her mouth, but set it down again as she bit her lower lip. "Well, that was before the Grineer came. When they did, we were supposed to be herded into escape pods and evacuated to another colony at Olympus. But there wasn't enough room for me and my girl, and perhaps that much was fortunate in a way."

Jane gazed at her daughter fondly as she leaned over to examine the curious metallic box, her voice now carrying a hint of gloom.

"My sister is a mining foreman and was bound for the asteroid field at Tharsis. The rest of my family had already made it into the pods, and there was just enough room in her personal ship for the two of us, so we followed her. En route to Tharsis, we saw the fleet of escape pods heading to Olympus from the cockpit. Then there was a blinding flash of light as a great Grineer battlecruiser approached, and in the next instant the fleet was a mass of floating debris."

"Booooooox." whined Charlotte, as she reached for the object that the Sentinel had brought.

"Well, my sister lost her job after Tharsis was conquered as well. We managed to flee here before the Grineer arrived, and have been trying to start new lives since. I'm really grateful to the Council of this place though. All I have are my darling daughter and sister now, and the Night Market takes good care of us."

"Hey, you there. Feeling alright? A problem with crowds- or?"

Nothing escaped her green eyes. The Sheriff had noticed the man standing off the path as she headed to the Creamy Sands, and he looked like he was going to be sick. With a faint air of concern that was hidden under her permanent look of perpetual boredom, she approached the man with her hands in her coat.

Alan jumped in place, startled at the Sheriff's voice. Turning to her, he shakily smiled while berating himself over losing awareness of his surroundings - what kind of Tenno did that?

"Uh... yeah. I'm okay... I guess. I was just overwhelmed by," Alan paused for but a moment as he thought up an excuse, "by the beauty of the Night Market. I didn't expect such liveliness from it or its people," he grinned sheepishly as he finished his sentence, scratching the back of his head. 'It isn't a lie if it's a half-truth, right?'

As a delicious aroma wafted out of the cafe behind them, Alan sniffed the air heavily before commenting, "Say, what is that beautiful smell?"