The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Tatted Tenno?

NevanChambers

I'm hoping on my 20th birthday to get Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do emblem tatted on my right bicep. It's also my clan emblem....so I would be like a friggin' Warframe in real life with my clan emblem on my right arm! OH YEAH!

Here's what it looks like:

2lt3pc.jpg

Edit: It sorta counts as a Warframe tattoo since its my clan emblem. So HA!

Edited by BecomeLikeWater

Do temporary children's tattoos count?

I have a pretty butterfly.

On your lower back no doubt.

I think getting a tattoo of a game is dumb(but then again I find tattoos dumb in general), I mean chances are in like 1-2 years of this game being released we won't be playing this anymore. 

You are missing the point of a tattoo. It's art tied to a memory or philosophy.

The memory of Warframe, the friendships made, the good times had, that's what the tattoo "symbolizes." Although the reason will be different from person to person.

Edited by Archistopheles

On your lower back no doubt.

You are missing the point of a tattoo. It's art tied to a memory or philosophy.

The memory of Warframe, the friendships made, the good times had, that's what the tattoo "symbolizes." Although the reason will be different from person to person.

But this being said I don't need a tattoo to remember things, and there's plenty of other forms of memorabilia that doesn't painfully inject into your own skin... 

If you like that as a way to remember things, that's fine, but I think it's rather impracticable.  

But this being said I don't need a tattoo to remember things, and there's plenty of other forms of memorabilia that doesn't painfully inject into your own skin... 

If you like that as a way to remember things, that's fine, but I think it's rather impracticable.  

I'm providing an explaination, not a justification.

Not right now. But now that you mention it, might get a Warframe tattoo at some point. Haven't got any as of yet(only turned 18 back in September) but I was planning to pretty much have one armed dedicated to "gaming" stuff, since it is a pretty big part of my life and part of the field I want to go into(gaming journalism)

I'm not a tattoo person myself, although I am often amazed by the artistic talent put into some of them, especially ones that have a distinct meaning behind them.

Anyway, this thread got me to thinking - what if we could have tattoos in game as a cosmetic item for our Warframes?

Oh it's definately not a thing for everyone. I don't know how to liken it to really anything to me it's not like anything else. For myself I have body issues in a big way and spent a good deal of my life listening to people tell me I'm unatractive. My tats are a way for me to make something I find repugnant beautiful. The pain is a part of it and kind of part of the point. It's a right of passage thing, I've not met anyone I the tattoo enthusiast community who felt differently and it's hard to understand if you haven't gotten one yourself. Part of the reason I say all of this is that tats are a deeply personal thing that are in part earned by the person who wears them. You should be careful calling something like that "dumb". I mean I don't understand the appeal of religions but would hesitate to call it dumb.

Not right now. But now that you mention it, might get a Warframe tattoo at some point. Haven't got any as of yet(only turned 18 back in September) but I was planning to pretty much have one armed dedicated to "gaming" stuff, since it is a pretty big part of my life and part of the field I want to go into(gaming journalism)

My best friend wants to get a gaming ummmm shawl? There really isn't a term I'm aware of but it would go from chest to shoulders and back, extensive but easy to hide. I believe he'll be getting some warframe stuff. I'm rounding the corner to roughly 50% coverage though sadly the little space I have left is already spoken for plus warframe doesn't fit with the aesthetic I have cultivated. I might be able to squeeze a few weapons or something in there but I have to wait and see how the big pieces fit together before the fill in starts. Edited by NevanChambers