Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Magnum Force

(PSN)friedricetheman

I found out that a 90% elemental mod is always better (damage wise) than a maxed Magnum Force.

A bane of corpus/grineer/infested is also always better than magnum force for pure damage.

Even a 60% elemental mod is much more superior than magnum force due to its 60% status chance and no accuracy penalty.

The solution:

Make Magnum Force +9% to damage, -6% to accuracy per rank.

At max, you will get +99% damage, -66% accuracy.

Currently, magnum force is +66% damage, -33% accuracy.

This is to ensure that Magnum Force have a fair trade off from its damage output.

As of now, Magnum Force is not even worth it to be slotted into the Bronco Prime or any shotgun style weapon since 90% elemental mods' damage output is a lot higher.

It's a rank 10 rare and should deserve better stats to better reflect its rare status.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

I found out that a 90% elemental mod is always better (damage wise) than a maxed Magnum Force.

A bane of corpus/grineer/infested is also always better than magnum force for pure damage.

Even a 60% elemental mod is much more superior than magnum force due to its 60% status chance and no accuracy penalty.

The solution:

Make Magnum Force +9% to damage, -6% to accuracy per rank.

At max, you will get +99% damage, -66% accuracy.

Currently, magnum force is +66% damage, -33% accuracy.

This is to ensure that Magnum Force have a fair trade off from its damage output.

As of now, Magnum Force is not even worth it to be slotted into the Bronco Prime or any shotgun style weapon since 90% elemental mods' damage output is a lot higher.

It's a rank 10 rare and should deserve better stats to better reflect its rare status.

those are some good info to know. thanks..ill be taking off my magnum force now ., lol.

I agree to this... magnum is only viable in voids....and even so..elementals can do a better job.. Its better replaced with an expel mod..his math is correct..every other corrupt is on par with their regular counterpart...except MAGNUM FORCE!

I did some testings on my akbronco prime replacing one of my elemental damage mods (Pathogen Rounds) with Magnum Force.

I had a damage decrease of around 200+ per shot when totaling up all the damage when compared with a +90% elemental mod.

No doubt that Magnum Force increases damage all round (Impact, Slash, etc.) but the huge damage downgrade to Toxin damage does not justify a slight increase in all other areas. Especially on high Status chance shotgun style pistols like the AkBronco Prime.

I could see it being marginally useful on the Brakk but then again, its still better to have elemental mod instead of Magnum Force 99.999% of the time.

EDIT : @HillsAndTheSea - with the finite number of slots that we currently have, I don't see how upping the damage on Magnum Force will give secondaries more damage. Having any elemental damage mods will still out DPS a Maxed Magnum Force any day. This is not about asking for more damage on secondaries. Its for asking to make Magnum Force viable, so that we can choose between a damage mod (Magnum Force) and an elemental damage mod.

2nd Edit - Pathogen Rounds at MAXED cost 11 points while Magnum Force at Maxed is 14 points. Its 3 extra points for DPS and accuracy loss..

I don't see how upping the damage on Magnum Force will give secondaries more damage

upping the damage will give more damage. 

....you really cant see how? i want you to honestly think about it for a second

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

....you really cant see how? i want you to honestly think about it for a second

Not when there is a finite number of mod slots which dictates how many mods you can slap onto a weapon.

If the number of slots increases then yes, but as it stands, there is no serious repercussions from slightly buffing Magnum Foce

Not when there is a finite number of mod slots which dictates how many mods you can slap onto a weapon.

If the number of slots increases then yes, but as it stands, there is no serious repercussions from slightly buffing Magnum Foce

the "serious repercussions" from buffing and or adding base damage mods is more power creep.

even if you say "there is only a finite number of mod slots" that is actually an argument against base damage mods as a whole since they ultimately limit build choice, we already have the "holy trinity" of must haves on pistols and we really, really don't need to add to that

Buffing up the damage by 33% and decreasing accuracy by double of what it is now will not make Magnum Force a must have mod on any weapon.

The -66% accuracy reduction will render the mod useless on sniping secondaries like the Marelok and Despair. Unless you want Stormtrooper mode on your Marelok, that is.

I am not trying to ask DE to make the mod OP or a must have mod but at least buff it so that it is ON PAR with the rest of the +damage mods. So we can at least have a real reason to choose between a Expel X mod, elemental damage mod or Magnum Force.

As of now, Magnum Force is indeed crap and in need of a slight buff, which is what a majority of the posters here agree except for you.

I would agree with you on buffing magnum force, but it just can't be done. Pistols have the best damage mods in the game, 180% multishot (plus 60% fire rate added in too), 220% damage from hornet strike. 3 mods with only bonuses.

Comparing it to rifles we have 90% multishot and 330% (with negative 55% accuracy) damage bonus if you add serration and heavy caliber, without heavy caliber its only 165%. 3 mods with a negative to get close.

Shot guns aren't faring off well either, adding point blank, vicious spread and blaze for 240% damage bonus (60% fire and increased spread by 60%) and multishot of 120%. 4 mods and a pretty bad negative on some shotguns. (debatable on the negative since it is fun against infested to just spray and pray).

Unless the other weapons mods get buffed first to be on par with pistol mods you cannot buff magnum force which is sad since it is one of the worst damage mods in the game and it is a rank 10 rare mod. I'm all for buffing it, but it just can't be done with the balance in place right now.

Nerf Hornet Strike

Buff Magnum Force

Same thing for Serration and Heavy Caliber...

If anything, Magnum Force and Heavy Caliber should be MORE powerful in their boosters than Serration and Hornet Strike, since they have penalties.

I'd say something like this (hypothetical numbers mind you):

Hornet Strike + Serration = 5% per rank, still with 11 ranks total (55% at max)

MF and HC = 10% per rank, but only 6 ranks (60% at max)

Then MF and HC would be cheaper in modpoints, about the same in power, but comes with penalties. HS and Serration are more powerful, but at the cost of A LOT of modpoints and credits+fusion power.

^ Balanced options.

Nerf Hornet Strike

Buff Magnum Force

Same thing for Serration and Heavy Caliber...

If anything, Magnum Force and Heavy Caliber should be MORE powerful in their boosters than Serration and Hornet Strike, since they have penalties.

This.... makes a lot of sense, actually. The only point of MF or HC right now is to stack EVEN MORE damage on a weapon you already have modded to the gills. It's not a first choice for any weapon.