Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

13.5.1 Mini Event Feedback (Updated For 13.5.3)

Khunvyel

The good:

• Good introduction and transition from Lotus inbox message and a smart move to make it an alert - this gives it a more plausible feeling for Lotus saying; "hey look, I found a ship, GO GET 'EM!" as a time based thing instead of a boring, non-consequential static event. Well done.
  • New voice overs are flawlessly executed and fit with the character theme as we know them, good job on voice acting and editing. Subtitles have some errors here and there.
  • Interesting move of having Alad V dabble with Infested, and showing in this interim mini-room how there is new "merchandise" going around. Going to be curious what happens next!
  • I just spotted today how Alad V had infested outcroppings on his shoulder. Didn't see that while I was fighting for my life or taking notes of subtitles vs. voice acting. That looks intriguing.
  • Originally I thought that every alert would have 150k, but this was not the case. Now with the diversity being added, I'm content with the high rewards given. 10 Rare R5 fusion cores, 300 Oxium... the variety makes up for the high count. Good job there, then.

The Bad:

• Whatever you have done to damage of these units, it does not match up with their level. I haven't seen a Corpus Tech on level 18 doing these ludicrous amounts of damage lately. Buffs to Corpus are fine, but this smells not only like a stealth change but also being completely overtuned.
  • Apparently not everybody gets the credit rewards, buggy.
  • 150 THOUSAND credits is honestly too much. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice that you are nice to us but... 150k for a simple execution mission? I think you typed a zero too many or something like that. This is no longer a bad thing, as mentioned above.
  • Elevators and spawning-from-door-hacking can end in a nasty situation where one is literally unable to complete the mission because of dying so often trying to get out of the elevator when needing to return to kill everything on the map. Not every Warframe / Weapon combination can deal with that, and not everyone runs around in 4 man OP geared squads.

Bug report topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/238902-1351-new-event-ship-extermination-ongoing/

Edited by Khunvyel

• 150 THOUSAND credits is honestly too much. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice that you are nice to us but... 150k for a simple execution mission? I think you typed a zero too many or something like that.

Considering how many enemies you have to clear out of that mission - over 200 at least - and that each one of them are not only high-end Corpus enemies, but deal much higher damage than normal, 150,000 is only a fair reward. And of course, this is a Special Alert, so the reward must be just as special.

At least said enemies were still easy to kill.

Edited by LGear

My only beef with this event is the lack of information about it and about how it will work... makes no sense to be waiting for no one knows how long for the next alert mission that only lasts one hour. This should be explained by the Devs or Lotus so that everyone has a chance to play these missions and grab the rewards involved.

Considering how many enemies you have to clear out of that mission - over 200 at least - and that each one of them are not only high-end Corpus enemies, but deal much higher damage than normal, 150,000 is only a fair reward.

Oh please, what about 150+ Infested in an invasion mission then? You have to run that three times, and then you maybe get 10.000 from the invasion reward, excluding the less than 10k you get from each individual mission?

Either they missed a digit or the 1 shouldn't be there. 50.000 sounds fine to me. but 150k seems a bit too generous and I view this with a little concern for the restrain. Do you remember back then, when each Tenno Reinforcements was met with praise, cheers and joyful tears speaking "you spoil us DE, we don't deserve that much content." A few months later, it turned down drastically, and instead people even started to get used to it and started getting agitated when there wasn't anything happening on a Wednesday other than a normal hotfix. :/

Kinda the same feeling I have here. Give people too much, and they will be ever so greedy and demanding for upcoming things.

Edit:

My only beef with this event is the lack of information about it and about how it will work...

Who makes you wait? Nobody. Inbox Message of Lotus is perfectly valid. "I spot ships every now and then. I tell you once I've located one."

It is not DE's problem that you feel forced to be in the game. I myself have already logged out because I got other stuff to do right now, and won't be checking on the forum and these topics here for much longer either.

Edited by Khunvyel

The good:

• Good introduction and transition from Lotus inbox message and a smart move to make it an alert - this gives it a more plausible feeling for Lotus saying; "hey look, I found a ship, GO GET 'EM!" as a time based thing instead of a boring, non-consequential static event. Well done.

• New voice overs are flawlessly executed and fit with the character theme as we know them, good job on voice acting and editing. Subtitles align without error too, as far as I could see. Just please fix the opening message of Lotus, she doesn't say anything at all.

• Interesting move of having Alad V dabble with Infested, and showing in this interim mini-room how there is new "merchandise" going around. Going to be curious what happens next!

The Bad:

• Whatever you have done to damage of these units, it does not match up with their level. I haven't seen a Corpus Tech on level 18 doing these ludicrous amounts of damage lately. Buffs to Corpus are fine, but this smells not only like a stealth change but also being completely overtuned.

• Apparently not everybody gets the credit rewards, buggy.

• 150 THOUSAND credits is honestly too much. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice that you are nice to us but... 150k for a simple execution mission? I think you typed a zero too many or something like that.

Bug report topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/238902-1351-new-event-ship-extermination-ongoing/

My thought is why are you complaining about money? Just let it flow

My thought is why are you complaining about money? Just let it flow

As I mentioned above; give players too much for too long and they will get greedy and demanding. Being overly generous has never helped anyone anywhere, as centuries of education and history have proven quite well.

Edit:

Who makes you wait? Nobody. Inbox Message of Lotus is perfectly valid. "I spot ships every now and then. I tell you once I've located one."

It is not DE's problem that you feel forced to be in the game. I myself have already logged out because I got other stuff to do right now, and won't be checking on the forum and these topics here for much longer either.

First no need to be so agressive and secondly if u read the entire thing u would know that i wasn't talking about myself but about giving ppl that are not ingame now to do the alerts instead of having a duration of one hour or two. 

P.S. I have the game on my laptop while i'm working on a desktop, everyone has "stuff to do".

Further feedback added;

I overlooked yesterday how Alad V's left shoulder has... "interesting outcroppings" to understate it the least, because when I wasn't fighting for my life I was trying to take note of the subtitle vs. voice acting accuracy. Nice touch, and his message about biotics that I just heard in this alert makes it even double the exciting. Infested V ? Some plot twist there, eh? :D

Rephrasing the 150.000 Credit message: I thought that every alert would have 150k, but this was not the case. Now with the diversity being added, I'm content with the high rewards given. 10 Rare R5 fusion cores, 300 Oxium... the variety makes up for the high count. Good job there, then.

Elevators and spawning-from-door-hacking can end in a nasty situation where one is literally unable to complete the mission because of dying so often trying to get out of the elevator when needing to return to kill everything on the map. Not every Warframe / Weapon combination can deal with that, and not everyone runs around in 4 man OP geared squads.

First no need to be so agressive and secondly if u read the entire thing u would know that i wasn't talking about myself but about giving ppl that are not ingame now to do the alerts instead of having a duration of one hour or two. 

P.S. I have the game on my laptop while i'm working on a desktop, everyone has "stuff to do".

I apologize if you got the impression that I was aggressive, because I wasn't, but rather annoyed about some - to me - oblivious statements in what you posted. The "everyone has stuff to do" bit was unnecessary because it can easily be interpreted as the passive-aggressive vibe of "get a life dude." If that was the case, thanks for your concern, I have one, and it doesn't involve playing Warframe 24/7. If it wasn't then we're good.

I hope you can reread my statement above now with a neutral tone in mind, because my opinion doesn't change about it.

Further feedback added;

I overlooked yesterday how Alad V's left shoulder has... "interesting outcroppings" to understate it the least, because when I wasn't fighting for my life I was trying to take note of the subtitle vs. voice acting accuracy. Nice touch, and his message about biotics that I just heard in this alert makes it even double the exciting. Infested V ? Some plot twist there, eh? :D

Rephrasing the 150.000 Credit message: I thought that every alert would have 150k, but this was not the case. Now with the diversity being added, I'm content with the high rewards given. 10 Rare R5 fusion cores, 300 Oxium... the variety makes up for the high count. Good job there, then.

Elevators and spawning-from-door-hacking can end in a nasty situation where one is literally unable to complete the mission because of dying so often trying to get out of the elevator when needing to return to kill everything on the map. Not every Warframe / Weapon combination can deal with that, and not everyone runs around in 4 man OP geared squads.

I apologize if you got the impression that I was aggressive, because I wasn't, but rather annoyed about some - to me - oblivious statements in what you posted. The "everyone has stuff to do" bit was unnecessary because it can easily be interpreted as the passive-aggressive vibe of "get a life dude." If that was the case, thanks for your concern, I have one, and it doesn't involve playing Warframe 24/7. If it wasn't then we're good.

I hope you can reread my statement above now with a neutral tone in mind, because my opinion doesn't change about it.

Hmmmm ok... all's good. :)

Oh please, what about 150+ Infested in an invasion mission then? You have to run that three times, and then you maybe get 10.000 from the invasion reward, excluding the less than 10k you get from each individual mission?

You fight not only 200 enemies in this alert, but said enemies also have Nightmare mode attack values, combined with how they clump together like infested and their difficulty is much, much worse than fighting 150+ Infested three times on Infestation missions.

Also, they already brought out 175000 cred rewards, and datamining reveals a 200,000 cred reward in the future, which points out that there is no mistake.

Yes, the money is staggering, and you say that players will get used to it and get greedy... but that's why this event is a one-week exclusive, with the rewards being utterly random, tied to a mission that's more difficult than most. The extremely generous reward is what marks this as a special event, if stuff like 10 R5 Fusion Cores and 300 Oxium are indicators of, that may never happen again. If you throw a special, once in a lifetime banquet for your guests , do you give them McDonalds as a meal just so they don't get greedy? Of course not, you find the best damn food catering service you find and offer some exquisite cuisine. It makes the event more exciting, and more memorable, and best of all everyone has a much better time.  Also, not every alert in this event is a Credit reward, so when the credit rewards do come, people flock to it due to its relative rarity.

Finally, the fact that this mission is incredibly difficult for the unprepared (I myself died and restarted twice on Psoro before realizing the enemies have Nightmare attack values), and actually is difficult - more so than the Tethra or Specter of Liberty event - makes the massive reward more justified, and players learn that this is the kind of difficulty level they should expect if they want such massive rewards.

Edited by LGear