Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Bad Were Things Back Then?

Bayle_Fire

My start date for the game was 3/28/2014 or in other words... When the Dex Furis came out in celebration of one year that game has been out. I want to know the things I have missed before that date. What was it like? Where there crash bugs after simply opening a door? Did a frame not look the way it currently does? What progress have we made?

I want to take more appreciation on this game by knowing the things I don't. It would be great if you guys can provide screenshots or videos if possible on the older Warframe.

Edited by Bayle_Fire

Crash bug didn't happen to me alot last year. Game was... well alot more of  a grind fest since resources and bp didn't have a guarantee drop rate. The control mods you see today didn't drop like rain... now their like nano spores. Rainbow build was a thing back then, and cryo round were actually kinda rare *for me that is. 

Edited by cryotech9020

Closed beta was amazing due to the ability to stacked mods, which just gave a flat rate instead of leveling.

So you could have something like 400% multishot + 170% electric/fire/ice damage (those were the only elements then, as per Dark Sector) + 200% damage on the Snipetron and run around one shotting everything, literally.

Oh, and elements used to be 100% proc, each of which was a lengthy stun so enemies could never move.

Oh, and many melee weapons had 100% stagger on hit, so you could stun lock enemies for days and never have to worry about anything.

Also, (not sure if this is still in effect) but there was one boss, Tyl Regor I believe, who was right next to a pit, and you could knock him off the stage by ragdolling him with the Kestrel into the pit and it would instakill him.

I remember when the Redirection (or was it Vitality? I forget which) drops got bugged, around the time I started. Bugged as in, they never dropped. Ever. It sucked.

And I remember when not only did bosses only have a percentage chance to actually drop bps like the exima do now, but the physics on them were screwed up and they'd fly across the room. It was very easy to lose them. I think at one point you could even hit them with your melee, with the same results.

"Formation Bravo"

Oh, and there was that time, though I never saw it personally, when the mobs would sometimes show up towering on each other. Imagine a stack of three or four Lancers standing on each other's shoulders.

Edited by Archeyef

ahh when Vor was a red potato lol

edit: also when to get modules you had to grind a boss and it only droped one in like 5 or more runs lol (if u got 2 in a row u won lotto) (for me at least) 

Edited by Babce

lets go down the list

1. ember was a dude

2. We had a tree that you were limited to collecting mods just to advance, and you need levels, and these advancements were permanent.

3. Catalyst, and reactors were rarely ever seen in the game

4. Less warframes

5. one tileset which eventually grew to two. We started with the spaceship, and then had the grineer asteroid.

6. Vor used to be a marine

7. Hek used to be a shotgun totting trooper

8. J3-Golem was a leaper that was pretty epic.

9. Phorid was a boss on Eris

10. Everyone longed for more gore

11. I wanted a glaive

12. Grineer spoke english

13. The Corpus levels used to have an announcer that would talk about safety every now, and then.

14. The game was more wholesome with less bugs.

15. Guns were OP

16. The player as a whole was OP

17. Enemies were easy picking back then.

18. missions were a breeze.

19. No Void

20. No derelict

21. Imagine every planet being either Corpus spaceship, or Grineer asteroid...

When Jackal was a challenge (and horrible RNG to get those rhino blueprints).

I saw this old video once about the Jackal boss firing a bunch of rockets that just seemed to down (or at least inflict ludicrous damage to) a player every hit or too and the homing was ridiculous. Still thanks for the info though.