Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime's Lore

If you haven't noticed, Valkyr's abilities are based upon being angry. She's angry and scarred because she went through some pretty horrible procedures, in attempt to create a corpus controlled warframe. The codex entry never states that she utilizes corpus technology. She might use a corpus wire in ripline, and her energy claws interact with her restraints, but otherwise, the scraps of corpus tech around (and through her... ow) her do just about nothing. Her abilities are a result of rage.

Feasible enough? Could your Warframe be altered in terms in rage? Otherwise, she would've possessed the same abilities beforehand

I don't think that's entirely how it works.

Valkyr Prime IS a possibility, though. She was found in pods like the original frames were, and not researched by the tenno themselves. I can only imagine a fully intact, glorious valkyrie with armor plating, and glorified versions of the current Valkyr's hate-fueled skills.

Im just about there with you man!....except..

She would have different powers (yup, I know that no prime has different powers from its Production line/Tenno counterpart), due to the fact that the torture, destruction, and experimentation by the corpus led to the development of her hate fueled powers (I believe due to Void Magic being inherent in the 'frame.).

See, I have a theory bout valkyr: there ARE no Tenno made Valkyr.  For nebulous reasons, she seemingly was cryo'd before being put in to mass production, so the ones that Salad V got his lettuce-y hands on was infact....a Valkyr Prime.  He then tortured/experimented/corrupted her to such a point, that her rage and hate forced her Void magic to warp her powers into what they are now.

If I recall correctly, it's because after a long time in the Cryopods and subject to time floating in the void, the Frames have degenerated and the knowledge required to design the prime ones has been lost.

Thus the only way to get a Prime is to go back into the Void to look for the original Orokin Blueprints to make each part and to assemble them into a Prime Warframe.

My idea for her prime backstory was to explain how she would look Primed without taking away her "ravaged" appearance. I seriously love the hybridness. Plus, the Orokin Artifacts would be in her before she escaped, but just inactive till she went to the void and does stuff.

She would have different powers (yup, I know that no prime has different powers from its Production line/Tenno counterpart), due to the fact that the torture, destruction, and experimentation by the corpus led to the development of her hate fueled powers (I believe due to Void Magic being inherent in the 'frame.).

See, I have a theory bout valkyr: there ARE no Tenno made Valkyr.  For nebulous reasons, she seemingly was cryo'd before being put in to mass production, so the ones that Salad V got his lettuce-y hands on was infact....a Valkyr Prime.  He then tortured/experimented/corrupted her to such a point, that her rage and hate forced her Void magic to warp her powers into what they are now.

This would mean that the Primes are seperate beings altogether versus just an alternate suit for the original user.

The Corpus went into the void, and found Orokin artifacts, which they showed into frost prime against his will, which caused him to transform into....FROST PRIME PRIME. 100x more COOLed off than his normal counterpart.

Interesting theory. It could make sense that the original valkyr was a prime. You don't really find primes in cryopods normally, so I can imagine finding a couple of pods with the original valkyrs being pretty exclusive. It would explain why we don't just simply find the regular Valkyr everywhere.

In terms of abilities, I would imagine they function the same, for gameplay purpose, but appear entirely different. Ripline could look somewhat the same, but instead of a terrifying scream, her warcry would be like an actual, encouraging and glorious warcry. Maybe with some hornblowing, just for the sake of it. Instead of claws, Hysteria could give her a big shiny energy sword to smite her enemies with. Things like that.

Interesting theory. It could make sense that the original valkyr was a prime. You don't really find primes in cryopods normally, so I can imagine finding a couple of pods with the original valkyrs being pretty exclusive. It would explain why we don't just simply find the regular Valkyr everywhere.

In terms of abilities, I would imagine they function the same, for gameplay purpose, but appear entirely different. Ripline could look somewhat the same, but instead of a terrifying scream, her warcry would be like an actual, encouraging and glorious warcry. Maybe with some hornblowing, just for the sake of it. Instead of claws, Hysteria could give her a big shiny energy sword to smite her enemies with. Things like that.

No to the Holy sword. I want her to still look like a berserker.

This would mean that the Primes are seperate beings altogether versus just an alternate suit for the original user.

Or just another in an army of tenno.  I don't believe the lore states that there is only one excalibur user, or one loki user, and so on.  That is especially thrown away almost anytime you go into a public mission and see 3 excals.  So that leaves plenty of room for the Primes being tenno, which make sense, since the only difference (except in the case of val) between tenno made 'frames and prime 'frames is the fact that the prime 'frames were made first, by the Orokin, and the Tenno made theirs later.  Think of it as a expensive prototype vs a more cost efficient production model.

Great minds and all that :P

Thats pretty much my reasoning as well.  While I don't have a problem if, for the sake of this idea, ALL the powers are different, the only ones that really need to change for it to work are the scream and hysteria, as those seem to be under the influence of power altering rage.  Perhaps hysteria would instead coat her skin and weapon with a glowing light that would do the same thing as hysteria's abilities, though part of my hysteria idea would be to replace health regen with an incredible resistance buff that is kept up by killing enemies.

Of course, when I found out that we would be getting a sword and shield eventually (thank you players!), my mind immediately thought it would go great with a Valkyr Prime from my idea.....our idea, now XD

Or just another in an army of tenno.  I don't believe the lore states that there is only one excalibur user, or one loki user, and so on.  That is especially thrown away almost anytime you go into a public mission and see 3 excals.  So that leaves plenty of room for the Primes being tenno, which make sense, since the only difference (except in the case of val) between tenno made 'frames and prime 'frames is the fact that the prime 'frames were made first, by the Orokin, and the Tenno made theirs later.  Think of it as a expensive prototype vs a more cost efficient production model.

But then her rage abilities wouldn't be transferred to the next suit. This also raises another question. How many "Valkyrs" did the Corpus have in the first place? 

They said it would be lore breaking to have Valkyr Prime, unless it was prior to her detainment by the Corpus.

That's sort of the point of a prime variant; the original of originals. It's pretty obvious there was corpus meddling, but is no less a tenno than everyone else.

Didn't DE say that Valkyr was peaceful and caring or something like that before Salad experimented??

So maybe if she comes as prime she will shot hearts^^

Pff, like the Orokin would keep a pacifist tenno around.  Tenno were made to fight the Sentient War, and that means even the hippiest of Tenno fought in said war.

Valkyr is an Orokin era Tenno, not Corpus made - they just left some experimentation bits.  However, to get a prime at this point, it would probably be like going super Tenno when she gains enlightenment or some such BS since her current warframe looks more like muscle fiber that is meant to sit under the warframe's outer shell (and yet she has the highest armor rating...)

Personally might prefer Valkyr Vandal or Wraith though.  Imagine if she looked like an actual Corpus-made warframe.  But why wraith?  Alad V's research was seized, and the Corpus are willing to sell to the Grineer for the right price.   That's valuable data on a much hated enemy of the Grineer, and if said data contains DNA, Tyr Regol might be more than interested in it.

...See how I set up the next Grineer boss make over?

Edited by Littleman88

The Corpus went into the void, and found Orokin artifacts, which they shoved into Valkyr against her will, which caused her to transform into....VALKYR PRIME. 100x more &!$$ed off than her normal counterpart.

And they said Valkyr Prime would be lore breaking.

Come to think of it, you could have Zanuka prime too.

What did Corpus shove into poor Valkyr?