Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

Most of my friends that are founders don't even use their exclusive gear. They just kind of hold onto it and say they paid good money for it. It seems like such a waste of ingame weapons really to have them just sitting in your inventory. 

You could easily say that for countless other weapons in this game too. Their money anyways.

Aside from that, it's not the community's fault they aren't that amazing stat-wise. If they were I imagine we'd get even more complaints.

And people wonder why I've been trying to broker a compromise between the two camps all this time.

Creating and releasing dual versions is not a compromise

Edited by Naith

That compromises everything with DE and the founders.

Well then people will probably keep complaining about it and founders and DE will have to live with that annoyance. I personally don't care and I just find the complaints about it annoying to the point its an issue that needs to be addressed to some degree. 

This, arcane helmet debacle was handled poorly, stats should have been removed completely and plat refunded, or at the very least not been made tradeable, because if they thought it was unfair to people that they would lose their stats that they paid for, it's not even close to how unfair it's gonna be when I'm selling all my alert acquired duplicate arcane helmets for 1000 plat a piece to all the people who never even had a chance at them about a year down the road.

Where the huge advantages are not however, are the founders weapons, which quite honestly are bad. Have you seen the stats on them? Compared to weapons that come out now days they are literally just plain bad. To claim you want them for the stats means you're either lying or delusional.

I wish the stats had been permanently removed and plat refunded

That would have been ideal but its a bit too late now

As for the founders weapons

Being bad should be more reason to allow a dual version to be obtainable

It wont affect any of the founders and has nothing to do with what they were promised

They got what they paid for

Though id love to have excali prime for the mastery and bling it wont likely happen

I dont like that but its how it is

The lack of empathy from many players is frustrating a bit

Yes but it seems to be a 'possible' compromise on this topic, seeing how it's in the OP.

It's just the latest iteration of this argument.

These topics won't ever stop one way or the other, but removing some of the reasons for them to be created in the first place should mean less of these topics.

want a fix? remove mastery points from excal/lato/skana prime and derank players if needed.

That was one of the first things I ever suggested on the issue.

It was shot down because it involved stealing something the Founders had paid for.

Giving the rest of us the Mastery as well was shot down by the same people because it involved us getting things we hadn't paid for.

Because compromise is good and reduces drama?

What drama? Drama about people wanting items that they gotten as thanks from DE?

You guys are not entitled to that items, no matter how much you think you are. If you paid for something and someone wants that for free, would you share?

What drama? Drama about people wanting items that they gotten as thanks from DE?

You guys are not entitled to that items, no matter how much you think you are. If you paid for something and someone wants that for free, would you share?

Noone is saying anyone is entitled to anything except the founders

Noones saying it should just be given out for free

Stop with the assumptions

Edited by Azawarau

I would actually. People will still keep complaining if a compromise isn't found though.

I would provide an alternate version of it, because this is a videogame, and if I was a dev, I could do that. the founders technically have no place in this discussion as per the fact that these weapons I am suggesting are in no way affiliated with the founders, they are an akimbo weapon set styled after a previous, unobtainable weapon. If I had been playing the game at the time of the founders packs, I most likely would have gotten it, but I did not. do I care for these weapons? not in the slightest, I want functionality, not aesthetics, usability over visual effect. I take your lato prime and raise it a marelok, I take your skana prime and raise it a jat kittag. these weapons are meaningless, the only reason why an akimbo version of these weapons should be implemented is because there is no prime variant for the akimbo weapons of the non prime versions, and this would be an upgrade of the founders and their god awful weapons that they are so narcissistic about. I wont ever understand the pompous attitude the founders take towards other people, and you can all hate me as much as you want but it is absurd the behaviour of a large portion of the community on these weapons, when they are not bound to the founders at all.nor will they ever be. why not instead of holding on to your broken little toys, let daddy DE make you something better that you can share with your friends.

*if any of this offends you please notify my in a PM and I'll do my best to edit it. or dont be butthurt, that also works.*

The bigger issue with this, is the legal issues involved.

The items were sold and advertised as exclusive, to change that from exclusive to not exclusive after they have been sold, is pretty much illegal in a lot of countries.

So, basically, you're asking DE to risk opening themselves up to legal action and potential grounds for mass-refunds all so you don't feel left out?

... Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

"I want to kill 7 puppies. Jim wants to kill 0 puppies. Why can't we just compromise? I've even offered to go as low as 2 puppies, but that darn stubborn Jim just won't budge.

Its funny because in this case the founders are the killing ones

Nice example