Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Were Ether Daggers Taken Out ?

Doughalo2

you're not missing much with the dual ether daggers. They aren't..very good.

But I am kind of surprised they didn't add their blueprints to alerts or log in rewards.

They are the ONLY Slash damage dual daggers though.

Why was the Machete, Ether Daggers, Gorgon, Boar, and Snipetron removed in the first place?

I understand how the Snipetron can "break the Corpus lore", but that's fixable by simply replacing the ammunition with laser rounds or some other Corpus modified bullets. The Gorgon and Machete could easily be placed in Grineer research or the market, and the Ether Daggers shouldn't have been removed in the first place? Boar could be put in Tenno research or market again?

EDIT: I know about the Gorgon's potential to drop from the daily log-in rewards, but that's just more RNG.

Edited by APBladeX

I thought the Boar was fun, my second primary. Don't understand why it was taken out or the Ether Daggers. I understand the Snipetron, but why take out the Machete and Gorgon? While Boar got a Prime, Snipetron a Vandal, both the Machete and Gorgon got Wraiths, but what about the Ether Daggers?

All those weapons were removed from the Market because effectively nobody was using them. This was all before Damage 2.0 and Melee 2.0. The Ether Daggers didn't ignore armor in Damage 1.0, so most people chose the Fangs over them if they wanted Dual Daggers. Gorgon was inferior to the Soma, Machete was just a Skana reskin...

What with all the changes, I think some of these weapons could get brought back. Ether Daggers were actually amazing in Damage 2.0, but Melee 2.0 slowed them down a lot. Mayhaps put these weapons in the Alert System, or as Invasion rewards?

Ether Daggers felt like the worst weapons in the game.  I maxed them, sold them the very second I hit 30 with them.   But In the case of MR, I usually buy weapons first which I think I will just use just for mastery.   With limited number of weapon slots and a crap load of weapons to master, I feel like it's not wise to buy a bunch of weapons you know you will keep forever.  Then you'll be forced to buy even more slots or possibly delete weapons you like for the sake of mastery...or worse, miss out on the chance to ever acquire and level a weapon before they take it out of the game.

Also I had gorgon, maxed it, liked it, deleted it because I liked it the least of all my weapons when I needed space to try more weapons.  A month later, the weapon was taken out of the game.  A couple weeks after I noticed it wasn't in the game anymore, I got it as login reward, built it and it's been sitting in my foundry completed ever since because the gorgon wraith came out.  So don't have a need or desire for it anymore but I never know what the future may hold so I keep it just in case lol.

Why was the Machete, Ether Daggers, Gorgon, Boar, and Snipetron removed in the first place?

I understand how the Snipetron can "break the Corpus lore", but that's fixable by simply replacing the ammunition with laser rounds or some other Corpus modified bullets. The Gorgon and Machete could easily be placed in Grineer research or the market, and the Ether Daggers shouldn't have been removed in the first place? Boar could be put in Tenno research or market again?

EDIT: I know about the Gorgon's potential to drop from the daily log-in rewards, but that's just more RNG.

Actually, the Snipetron is compatible with Corpus lore. They manufacture the Braton (which is definitely bullet-based) and there's no reason why they can't make old classics like the Snipetron for the export market.

Actually, the Snipetron is compatible with Corpus lore. They manufacture the Braton (which is definitely bullet-based) and there's no reason why they can't make old classics like the Snipetron for the export market.

Braton was retconned to be a Tenno weapon. Although the Snipetron is still compatible with Corpus lore when you consider that Jackal uses bullets. Even the reworked Hyena pack uses bullets.

From a gameplay perspective, the Snipetron is the anti-grineer sniper rifle, just as the Vulkar is anti-corpus and the Vectis is is great against all 3 factions. Since the Snipetron is the only sniper weapon that does primarily puncture damage, it's a bit annoying that it was removed. It's reload time still makes it a below average weapon though, but thankfully I have a Snipetron Vandal.

They were removed because almost no one used them.

They weren't used because they were aimed for beginners, so it had low stats. And they still are.

They are better than the Fang vs infected, and come with a polarity (albeit not a very useful one).

They are better than the Fang vs infected, and come with a polarity (albeit not a very useful one).

So they are better versus 1 enemy type then the Fang, they are still beginner weapons with low stats.

Edited by Tenn00b

All those weapons were removed from the Market because effectively nobody was using them. This was all before Damage 2.0 and Melee 2.0. The Ether Daggers didn't ignore armor in Damage 1.0, so most people chose the Fangs over them if they wanted Dual Daggers. Gorgon was inferior to the Soma, Machete was just a Skana reskin...

What with all the changes, I think some of these weapons could get brought back. Ether Daggers were actually amazing in Damage 2.0, but Melee 2.0 slowed them down a lot. Mayhaps put these weapons in the Alert System, or as Invasion rewards?

"Nobody's using our weapons... so let's remove them entirely instead of buffing them!"

What kind of f'd up logic is that? Not calling you out, but if that truly is the reason they were removed then that is just plain stupid.

I say we should remove the Strun, the Latron, the Spectra, and about half the current melee weapons since they're mostly for beginners and barely anybody uses them.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I loved the Boar. It's definitely just about the ugliest weapon in the game though, tied with the Flux Rifle's boxy vcr look. I think they should re-skin it and reintroduce it. But in the meantime I'm happy with the Prime variant.