The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok

S0ulre4per

Question

While the marelok might not be as flashy as some recent weapons it's far more usefull. There is a reason we don't have rocket pistols in modern millitaries and its not technological limitations :D

Anyways, I will say one thing about the Marelok. When my potatoed and painstaikingly formaed Boltor prime fails to kill something fast enough, I just pull out the Marelok and it dies. This says enough I think

While the marelok might not be as flashy as some recent weapons it's far more usefull. There is a reason we don't have rocket pistols in modern millitaries and its not technological limitations :D

Anyways, I will say one thing about the Marelok. When my potatoed and painstaikingly formaed Boltor prime fails to kill something fast enough, I just pull out the Marelok and it dies. This says enough I think

Actually there is.

The USA found out that it is very very difficult to squeeze in lethal amounts of explosives into a tiny 20mm grenade.

That is why they abandoned on OICW and up gun the 20mm nade launcher into a 25mm one, which is now called the XM25 Punisher.

In theory they could have made the 20mm ammo longer, but that would have added again more bulk to the ammo... Which again conflicts with the initial goal, which is to downsize the ammo, so they aren't as large as 40mm ones while remaining as lethal as the 40mm. The 25mm was then considered a compromise.

But suffice to say that is why 40mm grenade launchers are still waaay more popular than the 20mm / 25mm ones.

Edited by fatpig84

Strongest precision weapon but it loses to the Brakk and Angstrum in pure burst damage (for angstrum case, the splash easily multiple or quadruple the on paper DPS).

Brakk and Ang might be stronger, but that means smeg when I'm killing stuff 100m away where they're useless.

Actually there is.

The USA found out that it is very very difficult to squeeze in lethal amounts of explosives into a tiny 20mm grenade.

That is why they abandoned on OICW and up gun the 20mm nade launcher into a 25mm one, which is now called the XM25 Punisher.

In theory they could have made the 20mm ammo longer, but that would have added again more bulk to the ammo... Which again conflicts with the initial goal, which is to downsize the ammo, so they aren't as large as 40mm ones while remaining as lethal as the 40mm. The 25mm was then considered a compromise.

But suffice to say that is why 40mm grenade launchers are still waaay more popular than the 20mm / 25mm ones.

While you are quite correct, it just furthers what I've said. It can be made,it just isn't practical. Why bother with a 25mm grenade when you can just shoot a few 50 cal raufuss rounds. It will cause less collaterall damage and kill the target never the less. There is a tendency for the latest weapons in warframe to boast imppressive stats and to look flashy and dangerous, yet to be less usefull than regular weapons.

Same with the Angstrum. Great damage but slow fire rate, annoying delay between pressing the trigger and the actual shot, big spread(which is very usefull for large groups, less so at range), low clip capacity and long reload. The Marelok might be just a regular fire arm but if far outdamages the Ansgtrum and you can't kill your self with it, which is nice.  I t has decent fire rate with Metal storm, good reload, insane status chance, and amazing damage. All in all its very close to the top of the gun chain. IMHO its the best all rounder out there. The Brakk might outdamage it in CQB but it fall short when engaging at range, while the Marelok is still as good at point blank as it is at range.