Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

Nintenn064

If you people think it needs a buff, could you explain why? DE won`t buff a weapon just because you want the weapon to be buffed.

I gave an explanation why it doesn`t need a buff but no one wants to discuss :(

the buff it needs tbh is making the dmg types equal like the Braton, at present the Braton Prime is an upgraded MK1 Braton which is slash heavy rubbish, the Braton however has more equalised stats, this is the weapon the Braton Prime should be mimicking not the MK1.

the buff it needs tbh is making the dmg types equal like the Braton, at present the Braton Prime is an upgraded MK1 Braton which is slash heavy rubbish, the Braton however has more equalised stats, this is the weapon the Braton Prime should be mimicking not the MK1.

That`s better and i think it is a very good idea, similar to what i thought too.

If you people think it needs a buff, could you explain why? DE won`t buff a weapon just because you want the weapon to be buffed.

I gave an explanation why it doesn`t need a buff but no one wants to discuss :(

Most of the problems have already been covered in the thread. For the amount of RNG it requires the Braton P. just doesn't live up to expectations.

It's a slight down- or sidegrade to the Karak (side if you factor in reload and clip size), and let's not even mention the Boltor Prime or Soma. Two of those 3 being the same mastery 2 locked, and two craftable from the market.

This weapon needs a buff, not because other weapons are simply over performing, but because of the fact that since the other weapons are overperforming and it requires forma's to even be considered "fine" thus this weapon has no use outside being a grind past gun.

Taking this weapon from a realistic point of view, it has no or basically hardly any redeeming qualities for guns when compared to primes, what is worse when compared to even market guns there are many that fair even better whilst out-competing braton prime. Furthermore given the time invest to get this "formidable or fine" gun it must come with a redeeming quality to be a justified novelty in the weapon system. If not it would just be a "nice addition" without any purpose other then solely being a mastery rank grind weapon.

I can even tell you that alot of weapons are fine and formidable, the soma is one, how about the karak, even the braton (not primed) is one before all this hocus pocus. Lets also mention clan weapons too which don't rely on extreme time invest to just get one of the weapon's "gun parts" and the irony is that majority of them are in a league beyond this prime. 

Since the braton prime is so pointless, it has no redeeming qualites within the said field of guns, it is being out-competed by common place and even easier to acquire weapons, it is a time sink to acquire as well as make it "fine or formidable" in game, means that it 100% needs a buff.

If you don't agree to these points then i challenge anyone to come up with a counter arguement. Ammo economics, accuracy, etc etc are player controlled, so even if you were to argue them, these points would hold little water as skills and playstyle can compensate for the shortcomings of all these stats. What skills can't compensate for is your total damage output as it is a cap, skills also can't compensate for a weapon being out performed in all other fields by other weapons because forgiveness of a weapon is fixed, and given how unforgiving this weapon can be in higher levels even the most skill player would be limited by it's ability to function.

I don't see the problem. If modded correctly, this gun reacts smoothly even at 40+ level.

Landing headshots with it's sweet fire rate makes most problems dissapear and you can do that at long range.

No need of penetration mod whatsoever, combine elements to your liking and proc will ease your job.

It could use a buff but I don't feel like it's necessary. Plenty of weapons dedicated to raw damage, this baby is crowd control in my opinion.

I don't see the problem. If modded correctly, this gun reacts smoothly even at 40+ level.

Landing headshots with it's sweet fire rate makes most problems dissapear and you can do that at long range.

No need of penetration mod whatsoever, combine elements to your liking and proc will ease your job.

It could use a buff but I don't feel like it's necessary. Plenty of weapons dedicated to raw damage, this baby is crowd control in my opinion.

It needs a buff because it is firstly a prime weapon which is a novelty to have, but there is no quality that makes it a novelty. It takes so much time to get this weapon and even more time to make it just good, oh i tell you there are guns that don't need time to make it just right or good once you get them.

Furthermore as much as it excels at crowd control, it sucks at it as it eats into your ammo more than all other crowd control guns with significantly less total damage potential than majority if not all crowd control guns which are not even prime. Examples are orgis, Penta, even the Torid, or Ampstrum(however you spell it). Not to mention that these weapons are easier to acquire and have a much higher novelty value than the braton prime, thus the existence of this gun is no more warranted to be a grind gun.

Thus the logic behind it as a crowd control weapon is hardly even justifiable, the logic of this weapon even standing out in any field of combat is so illogical as there will be an easier to get weapon always with much better stats that makes this weapon nothing more than a grind past gun. unless you can find this gun a niche, it hardly can justify it's existence, hell even the soma with its beastlier crit damage, fire rate can also land an equal number of headshots, so can the Karak which is already a direct upgrade in all terms to the braton prime.

This weapon as a prime does not have any justified existence at all as such, and it is almost impossible to argue against such a premise.

This weapon as a prime does not have any justified existence at all as such, and it is almost impossible to argue against such a premise.

The game is full of weapons that are considered to be OP. Not to say the Braton Prime needs to get such a bump, but still, if you want a powerful weapon, you can have it.

Comparing with the soma. Warframe's Godwin point.

And again, explosive weapons are not the ultimate answer to CC for every player, I prefer a precise high RoF Rad proc. Better have the enemies shoot their own team, especially at 40+

Eating through ammo, there are mods, equipment and auras for that.

I agree though, Karak is closer for comparison, but except for raw damage, it has lower Crit chances and Proc which is exactly what I am aiming for with the Braton Prime.

In the end, it's a personal opinion and a question of how you play, how you mod the weapon and what do you get from it on the field. What I need from a weapon is not mathematical efficiency but a tactical edge.

Braton Prime gives me that

The game is full of weapons that are considered to be OP. Not to say the Braton Prime needs to get such a bump, but still, if you want a powerful weapon, you can have it.

Comparing with the soma. Warframe's Godwin point.

And again, explosive weapons are not the ultimate answer to CC for every player, I prefer a precise high RoF Rad proc. Better have the enemies shoot their own team, especially at 40+

Eating through ammo, there are mods, equipment and auras for that.

I agree though, Karak is closer for comparison, but except for raw damage, it has lower Crit chances and Proc which is exactly what I am aiming for with the Braton Prime.

In the end, it's a personal opinion and a question of how you play, how you mod the weapon and what do you get from it on the field. What I need from a weapon is not mathematical efficiency but a tactical edge.

Braton Prime gives me that

The weapon is a prime with a lot of time investment to get it to become a good weapon. Thus on its own, at its basic state, it is really bad and has no redeeming qualities to build upon.

All of the weapons that i have stated do not all use explosive but they all effectively deal with CC such as torid or Ampstrum so it is hardly an arguable point that braton prime is a good CC. I even feel that shotguns tend to contend better for CC given the size of maps most of the time, with which gives the braton prime hardly any room to do any noticeable CC, otherwise even the gorgon could even be comparable in the CC aspect when equally modded.

In the end as the braton prime has no redeeming qualities that provide it a true tactical edge to build upon as there will always be a weapon that objectively fulfill or even outperforms its role to a greater degree, it therefore needs a buff. I have modded my beloved braton prime many ways and the fact it simply burns through enemies is nice, but as much as it does that the weapon has a general flaw that it has nothing to build upon. It is without focus.

When i try to adjust it for an accurate and high damage build, it falls short and prey to the multitudes of enemies. When i put it as a clip burning machine, it can't tackle bosses effectively. It is indeed a very well rounded gun as such and the modding is dealt in that manner too, as it forces you to make decisions on it. However how other weapons exist where they have all the tactical edge a player needs to tackle all problems no matter the mods, i therefore can concede that this weapon is not as forgiving despite being unforgiving to get. It has therefore no redeeming qualities to justify its existence within the current field of guns.

Although it does feel right(oh so very right for a gun) I am right now swinging to buffing it as the cost of nerfing all the weapons to be inline would cause a much greater uproar, from a utilitarian pov.

Edited by Jacate

We agree to disagree here I guess.

This baby enables me to go 40 minutes of  DS survival on Pluto with a potatoe and three formas. That's fair enough for me.

Yes it is more challenging but also more rewarding.

Your arguments make sense, but you'll always find that player who surprises you with underrated frames/guns and can't do well with mainstream gear.

For the sake of debate, the un-primed version isn't that great to most players who all forget about the regular Braton after getting their hands on something different. Why does it have to be different with Prime weapons? The Braton Prime is already more powerful than the Braton, that's what Prime is.

For the sake of debate, the un-primed version isn't that great to most players who all forget about the regular Braton after getting their hands on something different. Why does it have to be different with Prime weapons? The Braton Prime is already more powerful than the Braton, that's what Prime is.

Make sense from a lore sense but it doesn't really make sense from a game play progression sense. The Braton prime is equal in time requirements to farm as latron prime, Burston prime and Boltor prime. However it is a poor equal to its peers. Why have a gun that is just now a relic of the old stat system not get buffed up a bit.

It is not unheard of, Latron prime received a nice buff that pushed it up the tables. 

I also have my braton prime and love it as a gun. It is a solid gun as everyone here states but it is about par with non-prime versions of boltor and burston. 

It is hardly deserving of its prime value any more. 

Maybe it should be dropped to tier 1 keys only? Or even a prime you can get outside the void. 

It does not really deserve to be in the void drop tables on part with game changing weaponry in its current state. 

This baby enables me to go 40 minutes of  DS survival on Pluto with a potatoe and three formas. That's fair enough for me.

Your arguments make sense, but you'll always find that player who surprises you with underrated frames/guns and can't do well with mainstream gear.

oh i love the braton and the prime, but can't get the joy out of using soma or other op weapons.... anyways a prime variant is indeed a direct upgrade of the older variant, but in truth it is hardly an upgrade from braton. A 4 damage increase + a increase in mag size but in exchange a fall in fire rate........ that is simply as it is pathetic for an increase.The only one thing that made it an increase without tradeoff is a 4 damage buff. I am not saying i am unhappy about it, i sure am ungrateful for it, but given how much this gun had going for it i thought i would see a larger increase after damage 2.0. However it has remained stagnant after so long yet so usuable.

I am with MDRLOz, in the gameplay sense it doesn't make sense that braton prime is a hard to get or esteemed prime. If it were to maintain its dominance as a prime it would require a buff to place it on par as well as being less forgiving as compared to other rifles.

you could probably do the same with a regular braton, a grakata, a karak etc

also as stated many times by many people, the Primed Braton is an upgraded MK1 Braton, not an upgraded Braton, which is wrong/bad.

Edited by Methanoid

Do you know what 40+ lvl is like? "Reacts smoothly" is incorrect. I have a maxed Braton Prime (with maxed mods) and it begins to show inefficiency from 35+ and on. You'll take too long to kill something which also leads to ammo problems. It needs a buff.

The "moddded correctly" myth should really die.

It simply has bad stats and cannot keep up with higher lvl enemies.

Do you know what 40+ lvl is like? "Reacts smoothly" is incorrect. I have a maxed Braton Prime (with maxed mods) and it begins to show inefficiency from 35+ and on. You'll take too long to kill something which also leads to ammo problems. It needs a buff.

The "moddded correctly" myth should really die.

It simply has bad stats and cannot keep up with higher lvl enemies.

I have been around for over a year of active play, I guess I know what it looks like.

As I tried to state earlier, it suits my playstyle so far and I don't have any problem with it. A buff would be nice, but I don't expect this weapon to put me at the leading position on the killboard to start with.

Of course you won't kill much at that point, no matter what mod you use, but, again, that is not why I am using it!!

"Reacts smoothly" is incorrect? If you aim to get direct kills, yes. If you use it to wreck havok and lower armours, nope.

Every single post about buff/nerf fails to consider the context. There's a team with you, you have other powers and weapons in your pack. Don't ask for everything balanced to solo with a single frame/weap/power.

Plus, I guess this concludes my "I have a right to think for myself" comments here.

Edited by nonscience

I have been around for over a year of active play, I guess I know what it looks like.

As I tried to state earlier, it suits my playstyle so far and I don't have any problem with it. A buff would be nice, but I don't expect this weapon to put me at the leading position on the killboard to start with.

Of course you won't kill much at that point, no matter what mod you use, but, again, that is not why I am using it!!

"Reacts smoothly" is incorrect? If you aim to get direct kills, yes. If you use it to wreck havok and lower armours, nope.

Every single post about buff/nerf fails to consider the context. There's a team with you, you have other powers and weapons in your pack. Don't ask for everything balanced to solo with a single frame/weap/power.

Plus, I guess this concludes my "I have a right to think for myself" comments here.

The problem is not everyone use your kind of playstyle. Your playstyle focused on tactical side of the weapon, which is heavily depended on its fire-rate and status chance (as per your words, wreck havok and lower armours). The problem with that playstyle is there are a lot of other choice rather than Braton Prime that could get the same, or even better results, that also complements co-op playstyle. Grakata (the fire rate is a trouble though) and Amprex (the ammo drain is annoying) as an example; even worse news, those are non-Prime weapons. It's not about what playstyle we should use, but more into 'does this weapon could be considered as a reward for grinding in the Void for countless hours?'.

Compare it to other Prime first, then to non-Prime weapons; does it live up the shiny "Prime" word it displayed?

I admit that Braton Prime is a mixed bag of stats, but surely it could be better, right? Clearly, seeing from its stats, Braton Prime doesn't excel too much on crowd control/status invoker. Plus with that base damage and its damage type division, I couldn't saw in which part where Braton Prime could excel besides 'easy to be handled'. Honestly, that's not even a real edge for a weapon. For a Prime weapon that required a grind time that isn't quite short, I guess Braton Prime could be much better than its current condition.

I don't blame your right to think for yourself, but think it over for a bit the above question, please?

-snip-

So just because you're playing in a squad with other players means Braton Prime can stay S#&$ty? What?!

You're basically saying your playstyle is: 'I like to use crap guns when playing with others'.

When S#&$ hits the fan, your squadmates are gonna wish your Braton Prime isn't garbage.

I meant what I said. It doesn't react smoothly in 35+ lvl situations. I formaed the damn thing 8 times. I used it extensively.

I'm MR16 and formaed the crappy Mutalist Quanta 5 times and tried various weapons in lvl 50+ situations.

Getting direct kills and proccing are both not what Braton Prime does well.

You'll take too long to kill things which will lead to serious ammo problems.

I now doubt you play lvl 35+ situations much.

Or you get carried very very often.

Oh you can think for yourself. What you think, when it's based on stupid logic, is what gets called out by others.

Your logic being: there are other people playing with me so I can use crappy weapons.

It is interesting that you can in the same argument doubt what I'm stating as being my gaming experience and at the same time giving yours as being the absolute truth. Tell me about logic.

Athros got it at least.

I'm only going by what you told me.

You played over a year, and your logic is: "there are other people in my squad so my Braton Prime can be garbage"

That is why I think you either don't play high lvl much, or you like to get carried (which is fine when you're ranking up gear,) but saying that Braton Prime shouldn't be buffed because you like using crap weapons with teammates is where you crossed the line.

My post was actually quite similar to his :p I said your carry-me playstyle doesn't apply to people who want to see Braton Prime buffed, and also that you indeed do have the right to think for yourself. Of course, he had a more humble tone in his post, which I don't think you deserve for shoving your playstyle down our throats.

In Warframe, the Burston Prime is the M16A2 of the game that hits like a truck when powered up and your game has good fps. It is considerably stronger than the AK-47 of the game, the beautiful, yet rugged and dependable, Braton Prime. For some reason, however, the BratPrime hits like a .22LR Uzi, and not the futuristic assault rifle that it is and should be. Something is horribly wrong with that. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be a light sub-machinegun.

Please, DE, reload the BratPrime with the bigger ammo the Orokin rifled it for.

I agree I love the braton series of weapons. They just feel right. The problem with the Braton prime is it have no reall advantages it needs more damage and a slight higher crit chance not so high you can build a soma. damage should be 30, crit chance 15... nuff said