Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Excalibur Already Ok?

syle

you can leave the radial blind as it is since its an awesome power (if not op)

but ffs buff his  slash dash , make radial javelin go through environment and change super jump to something else or add things to it

it has been far to long

its your poster child

show some respect to the 1st one

yeah right now excalibur is just "meh". i wish they would make him stand out more, turn out into something along the line of "wow", the suggestion i am about to make below kinda discount his 3rd skill since people usually use him for this single skill. instead i'll be talking about his other skills use without his 3rd skills since i wanted to make them all viable and fun to play so players can choose which skill they want to use instead of radial blind all the time.

slash dash is that ability that everyone uses as a newbie, it look cool on level 1 grineer on mercury but beside that it is pointless and leave in a vulnerable spot if you slash dash into a group of heavies and they don't die. make it synergize with our weapon as OP already pointed all, also make it stun enemy for a small duration so excalibur have room to escape should the enemies fail to die cause excalibur have little survivalbility beyong his 3rd skill.

super jump is pointless, great i can jump super high. but what is the tactical advantadge?, i can reach places where i am out of reach of the enemies but that doesn't synergize well with the rest of excalibur skill, unlike nova using her wormhole to hide herself away so no one can shoot at her while she MP and AMD everyone from that spot. i don't know what they can do with this, maybe a complete rework is in order.

radial javelin, it is cool, it is nice, it does ok damage. the biggest problems with it as already mention in the OP, it is blockable by terrain meaning it is either great or completely useless. however, like all pure damage abilities, in the high level endless missions which is consider "lategame" by some, it doesn't kill anybody. i maybe wrong cause it has been a long time since i dusted off my starter excalibur but the point i am trying to make is there are no CC elements to it, it is just a bunch of javelin doing damage and when you don't kill anyone, excalibur is useless. if this is going to be more viable, the damage either need to scale or there should be some CC elements to it.

No thanks. Excalibur is the most balanced warframe out there, and I don't want them messing with that. He's extremely viable, especially with blind.

Agreed.

Radial Javelin needs a bit of utility (since, once enemies start tanking it, you're literally throwing away 100 energy to put yourself in a worse situation than before), but other than that, Excal's kit is fine as is. A couple tweaks would be appreciated (e.g. reducing the can't-do-anything cooldown during Super Jumps, etc), but Excal's already in a pretty good spot.

He's also the first Frame to be designed, and therefore the poster boy of what a "balanced" frame should be. He doesn't need a buff; the game would be better off with as little power creep as possible (especially for Frames).

Edited by SortaRandom

As a player that play Excalibur most of the time I think only javelin need a buff.Super jump got it's place in my opinion.I'm not including slash dash in the list of "problems" because all the frames 1st abilities need a buff.

1) Let slash dash add to combo meter.

2) Allow super jump to scale with duration or allow multiple jumps (air jumping).

3) RJ..... Just greatly increase recovery time and add to combo meter as well ?

Edited by fatpig84

yeah right now excalibur is just "meh". i wish they would make him stand out more, turn out into something along the line of "wow", the suggestion i am about to make below kinda discount his 3rd skill since people usually use him for this single skill. instead i'll be talking about his other skills use without his 3rd skills since i wanted to make them all viable and fun to play so players can choose which skill they want to use instead of radial blind all the time.

slash dash is that ability that everyone uses as a newbie, it look cool on level 1 grineer on mercury but beside that it is pointless and leave in a vulnerable spot if you slash dash into a group of heavies and they don't die. make it synergize with our weapon as OP already pointed all, also make it stun enemy for a small duration so excalibur have room to escape should the enemies fail to die cause excalibur have little survivalbility beyong his 3rd skill.

super jump is pointless, great i can jump super high. but what is the tactical advantadge?, i can reach places where i am out of reach of the enemies but that doesn't synergize well with the rest of excalibur skill, unlike nova using her wormhole to hide herself away so no one can shoot at her while she MP and AMD everyone from that spot. i don't know what they can do with this, maybe a complete rework is in order.

radial javelin, it is cool, it is nice, it does ok damage. the biggest problems with it as already mention in the OP, it is blockable by terrain meaning it is either great or completely useless. however, like all pure damage abilities, in the high level endless missions which is consider "lategame" by some, it doesn't kill anybody. i maybe wrong cause it has been a long time since i dusted off my starter excalibur but the point i am trying to make is there are no CC elements to it, it is just a bunch of javelin doing damage and when you don't kill anyone, excalibur is useless. if this is going to be more viable, the damage either need to scale or there should be some CC elements to it.

Excalibur doesn't need synergy within his skill set. He is the de-facto "scrub frame" and he introduces the player to the different kid of skills.

His 1 is just that. A 1. A spammable 1 at that.

Blind is his 2nd skill btw. Jump is 3.

Blind serves as the AOE stun.

Jump is utility. You can have skills that don't involves incapacitating a group of mooks. Later if you get heavy impact slap it on for some good knockdown.

Javelin is the nuke. The ult. The killeverymotherhubberintheroom button.

2) Allow super jump to scale with duration or allow multiple jumps (air jumping).

3) Natural talent mod

If Javelins pierced through environment, it'd be in a much, much better place. It'd be cooler if it pushed things back, like, until it hit a wall, like the enemy actually got hit by a javelin. An actual model for the javelins would be cool, instead of the Skana placeholders.

Super Jump is fine. If Slash Dash worked with your melee weapon, it'd be a lot more useful, as it is, it's just a pointless burst of Slash damage.

Super Jump is really good for a mobility skill. Couple it with heavy impact and you got knockdown.

Correction: couple it with Heavy Impact and at least 30% Power Strength and/or a moderately high platform to jump off and you've got a mediocre-damage knockdown that wasn't worth all that setup.

Perhaps his Slash Dash and Radial Javelin needs some buff, Slash Dash deals too little damage, it does not really scratch lvl 30's even. Compared to other 4's, Radial Javelin doesnt really offer utility, but it would be fine if it does some more damage. Even Ash's Blade Storm does about 2-3k damage, whereas Radial Javelin is stuck at 1000. The damage compared to other ults is lackluster. 

No thanks. Excalibur is the most balanced warframe out there, and I don't want them messing with that. He's extremely viable, especially only with blind.

Fixed it for you

Super Jump scales with power strength mods

Edited by Shadow-Blades