Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Reach Mod Work?

RiperRazor123

Question

14 answers to this question

it does infact work.

there's no visual cue of what the range is, i'm afraid.

and since Melee's don't have a Range based on the length of the Blade (wtf why not Digital Extremes), it can be hard to tell on some.

but it does infact boost the Range of your Melee. 

Equipping it on high-range melee weapons like Orthos Prime will show a significant increase.

Pretty much what he said, on a rank 0 Reach mod you can already see a change in these type of weapons however on shorter weapons you need higher ranks to notice, it's percentage based so I wouldn't bother on stuff like daggers. Do use it though, it is awesome :)

errrrr whut????

If the other information in this thread is likewise 'accurate', I no longer wonder why I see no difference with/without Reach; even on OrthosP....

Reach does work, yes. It is awesome on weapons like the Scoliac and Orthos. However, weapons like the fang or dark dagger do not benefit from it as much, because it is a percentage. If you do the math, then it goes like this.

Lets say the Orthos has a range of 2m (not real number) and the fang has a range of .5m (also not real number). If you add Reach's +60% to both of them, then the Orthos gains an additional +1.2m, while the Fang gets a lousy +.3m.

Longer range weapons benefit more from Reach.