Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr

sedy25

I know my opinions may be Polarizing, but I think in terms of nice figures, i think Mag is the most attractive of all the female Warframes. I guess you could say I have a bit of a Crush on her. In fact, I just want to Pull her over here and....do stuff.

and with that the thread has gone nuts.

You're misconstruing my usage of it as to mean that a majority of women have C cups or above, where I meant that women are 50% above and below. .

...the number that makes up an average does not mean that there's %50 above and below it. An average is where you take all of the numbers given, add them together, and then divide them by the total number of numbers you added together. So, for example, the average for a given set of numbers; 1,1,7,10, 13, 24, 100 would be 22.286, which does not have 50% of the given numbers on one side of it and %50 percent of the numbers on the other. The median is the number that is directly in the middle of the given set, so for my example that number would be 10, which is very different from the average. The average is just "a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular ... (most commonly) the mean." [reference from Google]. It does not accurately express the ACTUAL middle of the group of values, it is simply an approximate to extrapolate where that central point might be despite where the actual midpoint might fall.

*edit: Anyhow, this is diverting but I should be writing fanfic. Later all, have fun.

Edited by Jeahanne

...the number that makes up an average does not mean that there's %50 above and below it. An average is where you take all of the numbers given, add them together, and then divide them by the total number of numbers you added together. So, for example, the average for a given set of numbers; 1,1,7,10, 13, 24, 100 would be 22.286, which does not have 50% of the given numbers on one side of it and %50 percent of the numbers on the other. The median is the number that is directly in the middle of the given set, so for my example that number would be 10, which is very different from the average. The average is just "a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular ... (most commonly) the mean." [reference from Google]. It does not accurately express the ACTUAL middle of the group of values, it is simply an approximate to extrapolate where that central point might be despite where the actual midpoint might fall.

*edit: Anyhow, this is diverting but I should be writing fanfic. Later all, have fun.

BOOM

Math

Okay, you got me.

*Although, it did turn out there was truth to what I have said.

• AA cup: 2%
  • A cup: 15%
  • B cup: 44%
  • C cup: 28%
  • D cup: 10%
  • DD cup: 1%

Edit: I actually read your post, wouldn't this mean that with larger amounts of samplings *Say breasts sizes that the average would it not be closer to the 50th percentile unless it was ridiculously skewed?

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Why is she so flat-chested? Alot of "evil" women from teh movies n t.v, also comics have abit more.. 

Morgana(Katie McGrath) from T.V series "Merlin" 

*edit* lol

Morgana_Katie_McGrath-14.jpg

Okay then, how about because almost every other major game has a woman with large *ehems*?

I find six-packs on girls to be... Disturbing.

Six pack=/=active woman.

To get a six pack, a woman would have to specifically do exercises for it, an active woman just has to keep moving around. and do any kind of physical expression. (don't even think about it, perverts!)

Yes, I am a guy. I read this somewhere lol.

Warframe is one of the only games that emphasizes on not sexualizing its characters. Sure, Saryn might be busty or "top heavy" if you will. But she pulls it off with elegance instead of appearing "skanky".

I'm a guy myself, and I do admire the female form like all guys do, but I absolutely despise video games oversexualizing females. Real women don't look like they do in movies. 

EDIT: Currently breathing deeply to prevent me from spiralling into a rant. 

As mentioned previously, fighters are more muscle than fatty tissue. Sure, you may have the oddball bombshell once in a while, but it isn't a mandate. She doesn't need to be busty, which is reason enough.

SO you're a hormonal kid wanting the Devs to change something for a stupid reason just for more wank material for you? Good to know.

The OP.... is amazing. Seems very "hormonal".

Female game character that don't have an "emphasis" on their chest sizes but are enjoyable/fun to play as:

5574.jpg

Black_Rock_Shooter.PNG

Yuffie-FFVIIArt.png

300px-Talim1.jpg

Vanille.png

Serah_Farron.png

Emphasis on female chest sizes are not needed. As long as they are fun or useful to play as:

Mag is fun to play with because her Pull is still pretty strong and she plays a good support character when it came to shields.

Nova.... well she's good for quick travels and of course all the nuking pleasure.

Trinity is good for heal support, fun? Well.... to be honest she's boring for me.

Saryn (poor example but!) reminds me of an elegant and sophisticated upper class assassin. Almost like Aveline from Assassin's Creed: Liberation.

Valkyr, the rage berserker. I think Lotus's intro on her was self-explanatory, rage incarnate.

Nyx for her mind controlling abilities.

Zephyr, because, who doesn't like flying around?

They don't have gravity defying chest sizes (Saryn is the exception but her reasoning was already explained), but they are still fun/useful to play with/as.

Edited by VoidWraith

Okay, you got me.

*Although, it did turn out there was truth to what I have said.

• AA cup: 2%
  • A cup: 15%
  • B cup: 44%
  • C cup: 28%
  • D cup: 10%
  • DD cup: 1%

Edit: I actually read your post, wouldn't this mean that with larger amounts of samplings *Say breasts sizes that the average would it not be closer to the 50th percentile unless it was ridiculously skewed?

Generally, the larger the sample size the less skewed the data, if that's what you're asking, but if you notice even in your provided numbers, more than 60% of the women surveyed had B cups or smaller., and only 39% of women had C or higher, despite C being the "average".

Still, compelling as it is it's kind of hard to say whether or not these numbers are accurate because there's no report on what the margin of error is, how many women were surveyed, if there were biases in the survey based on where the information was gathered, or who provided the survey information. However, it's still pretty compelling to notice that, even if a margin of error of 3% were added in, 36-42% of women would be at or above average, and 58-64% of women would be below it, which demonstrates that an average is really only an approximation of what's most "typical", and isn't an actually a true representation of the actual spread of numbers shown.

Still, that's really neat data. I haven't seen that particular set of statistics before and I appreciate you sharing it. It's always awesome when people back up their stances based on evidence. So thank you ^-^

Edited by Jeahanne

The OP.... is amazing. Seems very "hormonal".

Female game character that don't have an "emphasis" on their chest sizes but are enjoyable/fun to play as:

5574.jpg

Black_Rock_Shooter.PNG

Yuffie-FFVIIArt.png

300px-Talim1.jpg

Vanille.png

Serah_Farron.png

Emphasis on female chest sizes are not needed. As long as they are fun or useful to play as:

Mag is fun to play with because her Pull is still pretty strong and she plays a good support character when it came to shields.

Nova.... well she's good for quick travels and of course all the nuking pleasure.

Trinity is good for heal support, fun? Well.... to be honest she's boring for me.

Saryn (poor example but!) reminds me of an elegant and sophisticated upper class assassin. Almost like Aveline from Assassin's Creed: Liberation.

Valkyr, the rage berserker. I think Lotus's intro on her was self-explanatory, rage incarnate.

Nyx for her mind controlling abilities.

Zephyr, because, who doesn't like flying around?

They don't have gravity defying chest sizes (Saryn is the exception but her reasoning was already explained), but they are still fun/useful to play with/as.

Not a single one of those girls are evil.

Not a single one of those girls are evil.

Actually, Faith in Mirror's Edge isn't actually a Heroine or Evil. You can say she's neutral. Why? Because the character is not inherently "evil", but she does spend her time running from the cops or beating them up. Yes, the game is about a society where it's borderline dictatorship/totalitarian (it actually is), but the idea is the main character, Faith, is going against authority.

I don't care much for labels like "good" and "evil". Why? Because what is considered "good" for one person/group/community and be considered "evil" to another person/group/community.

But my response still shows another way of thinking to respond to your post/thread. Whether you are open to it or not, is your decision.

so, before this escalates, can't we just all agree that Valkyr doesn't need bigger boobs and that OP just wants more wank material?

This ^

Edited by VoidWraith

Generally, the larger the sample size the less skewed the data, if that's what you're asking, but if you notice even in your provided numbers, more than 60% of the women surveyed had B cups or smaller., and only 39% of women had C or higher, despite C being the "average".

I thought I said Large Bs?

Edit: I said Cs.

Actually, Faith in Mirror's Edge isn't actually a Heroine or Evil. You can say she's neutral. Why? Because the character is not inherently "evil", but she does spend her time running from the cops or beating them up. Yes, the game is about a society where it's borderline dictatorship/totalitarian (it actually is), but the idea is the main character, Faith, is going against authority.

I don't care much for labels like "good" and "evil". Why? Because what is considered "good" for one person/group/community and be considered "evil" to another person/group/community.

But my response still shows another way of thinking to respond to your post/thread. Whether you are open to it or not, is your decision.

This ^

Faith is Chaotic neutral. She can spend the entire game without having to kill anyone (Or so I've read from a parent's magazine,but what do they know?) . And there are universal evils found in many cultures. However, some philosophers believe that a lot of cultural morality is dictated by those in charge. Like Gods, Dictators, etc.

Although, hypocrisy in my opinion would be thew few universal evils in the world. Just my opinion.

But who actually said Valkyr is evil? Since she sides with the Tenno, working with them, helping them and DOESN'T fight other Tenno at most she'd be Chaotic Good. The OP needs to learn the difference. 

So she's brutal and angry... that makes her evil how?

Come on OP, explain your silly reasons instead of demanding changes.