Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmets In Alerts?

but honestly the stats were an interesting system of give and take outside the mod system.  personally i would love to run around in the swindle helmet if i could keep the bonus i get from the essence helmet. maybe if the arcane stat choices were turned into a special augmentation slot outside of appearance we could get the best of both worlds.

but honestly the stats were an interesting system of give and take outside the mod system.  personally i would love to run around in the swindle helmet if i could keep the bonus i get from the essence helmet. maybe if the arcane stat choices were turned into a special augmentation slot outside of appearance we could get the best of both worlds.

This, seriously. If DE would sell the Arcane augmentation for plat, but make the alternate helms available through alerts, many people would be perfectly happy.

exactly! i know they dont want to sell stat bonuses, etc. and not have stats and appearances tied together. but somewhere along the lines they must have realised that one of the main reasons people don't equip helmets isn't just because they don't like the stats of the helmet, its because we prefer to maintain the stats of the other.

Edited by Ether_SolRac

My idea for this ''which was posted in another thread somewhere, is that they can use those ''market blueprints'' that they have allready

the ones where if you use an arcane helmet it turns it into a non arcane helmet

except the blueprint would be called Arcane Swindle essence variant- and would have the stats of an essence, but look like a swindle, and would take an essence and a swindle for ingredients

Not really. Only a handful of arcane helmets were useful for any particular build, and the limited mod slots is what is supposed to make you make give and take decisions.

My idea for this ''which was posted in another thread somewhere, is that they can use those ''market blueprints'' that they have allready

the ones where if you use an arcane helmet it turns it into a non arcane helmet

except the blueprint would be called Arcane Swindle essence variant- and would have the stats of an essence, but look like a swindle, and would take an essence and a swindle for ingredients

i would be all over this. although i hope that the the swindle would be the non-arcane variant. i never managed to get the original swindle. in fact one of my main problems with the switch was that these helmets were obtained more through luck than farming or skill. so I'm honestly missing a lot of the helmets in the first place. although i guess for the most part i just have to let it go. i don't really mind getting the standards for my other frames since i didn't have them to begin with. but once you have helmets like Loki's essence or trinity's aura helmet, its hard to switch.

Edited by Ether_SolRac

I think the main reason DE took the stats off helmets was that they didn't want to be accused of being pay to win.

Actually it's the opposite. Arcane helmets were available through alerts, as they always had been. Perfectly free and open - no purchase necessary. 

Now however, the only way for someone to obtain these helmets is by buying or obtaining large sums of plat and then putting themselves at the mercy of the trade market. In short, now there is no other way to get arcane helmets without getting platinum first. If there was ever a time to argue that they're cultivating a P2W system, now is the time rather than before.

Yeah your right it just opens up a different can of worms altogether. I mentioned the p2w because ppl did accuse DE of just that before the whole arcane helmet stuff. IMO warframe is still not p2w. Arcane helmets are completely unnecessary, if you buy plat to trade for one that's your choice.