The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Annoying Team Mates

Epixen

Besides the mind control, i don`t see the others as anything else than brainfarts... While it is infuriating for someone to kill my MC`d mob (if with Nyx), having someone tell me to stop using Tornado (if with Zephyr) is just idiotic... I`ve had this scenario (in mob def) multiple times:

1) I use Tornado when i can,

2) dude says "Sotp trnade pls." more than 5 times,

3) I comply purely to prove him how decent of a CC it is, and how stupid it is to demand someone to not use something to help.

4) We lose the mission within 2 minutes of me discontinuing the use of my Ulti.

tornado low dmg take long time to kill (if it's too long the enemies will die by%chance like with vortex which don't give out Affinity/exp), blow away the loots, reducing framerate for some (many) ppl

srsly there's nothing good about tornado, unless you play with some ppl with very bad equipment that can't kill enemies at all

I get your point dude....but someone asking you not to kill their mind controlled monster is completely okay and appropriate. As long as he doesn't mind control it when you are shooting it halfway. Otherwise the rest of the points are okay.

As a Nyx player i don't often have the trouble with players killing what i control, and it is understandable that those who don't play Nyx may not know what the BLUE TENNO AURA symbolizes and ends up killing my puppet, requesting that people DON'T KILL THE GLOWING BLUE ALLY is pretty reasonable... unless its repetitive and annoying, get angry at that guy   

"1/4 players are waiting for you at the extraction point." 

Paraphrasing, but the longer that stays on my screen the more I want to go over to extraction and punch a Tenno in the mouth. Wherever the mouth might be. That general area though. 

People like you are bad players, pure and simple.

Unable to communicate and compromise will end up with you losing the mission. Same goes for the OP. 

See Blackout751's post to why you're whining about completely legitimate requests. Especially in Defense and Survival missions.

umm, in those specific scenarios, no one was around the pod, and they all ran around looting. when everyone`s at the pod, i don`t have much reason to use Tornado, since stuff`s dying faster by bullets, unless it`s a rather high wave.

And i most definitelly don`t do it because i`m a "tryhard" and try to get most kills or anything. I don`t care about that stuff...

"1/4 players are waiting for you at the extraction point." 

Paraphrasing, but the longer that stays on my screen the more I want to go over to extraction and punch a Tenno in the mouth. Wherever the mouth might be. That general area though. 

that would appear a lot in survival i assume? or ppl quitting @wave5 defense mission..

that's your own fault if you play random join! if you want to play a long run, you should recruit ppl in recruitment channel because mostly others just opening the map or getting the quick reward

Proper place, proper time. The acknowledgement of these two conditions is what separates the mature players from the immature. It's as simple as that.

Everyone wants to experience the satisfaction of their warframe or weapons actually making an impact in a mission. The maturity part comes when you realize that using your ultimate or power is actually counterproductive in a certain place or time. The immaturity and ego part comes when you just don't care.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

I was once asked by someone in the lobby of a game to change my frame because my ash (which is my main) wouldn't be useful.

Fair enough, he asked politely and so I complied.

But then...

someone told me and insulted me (he kept calling me a "coon" also can someone tell me what that means?) for not wanting to change my frame. I then told him to ask nicely or I won't comply with him.

So he started the game and began to ignore me. Resulting in the two other teammates having to revive me when I went down while he just went to the other side of the map.

@OP

Right-click on the person's name, choose "ignore" and play the game the way you want. It is not a good idea to get PUGs to play the game the way you want - if you really want to do that, that's what friends/clanmates are for. You're more likely to be ignored or told to piss off or something else with randoms.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

But it is... when they disarm and drop decoys to account for 1 less target for enemies due to being invisible.

Yes, but I was talking about them Loki's who go invisible, and don't use decoy or disarm. Seen plenty of those, even in our clan.

Yes, but I was talking about them Loki's who go invisible, and don't use decoy or disarm. Seen plenty of those, even in our clan.

I don't see the joy of Invis and I'm a constant Loki user now. I'd only care to use an invis build if I wanna clear nodes solo. No use in team play whatsoever so I just use a Radial Disarm build. Anybody who thinks that using an invis build is teamwork doesn't know what teamwork is.

Examples:

"Dont kill my mind controlled monster"

As someone who plays Nyx a fair amount, this is perfectly reasonable. I often control a Shield Osprey which my teammates shoot down immediately, or control a Healing Ancient when the pod's down on low health so we can speed up its recovery - still gets shot to pieces. If it's an important unit and you shoot it down while it's mind-controlled, you're pretty much making someone's ability useless.

"Dont use your annoying ultimate ability"

The only reason anyone should care about ultimate abilities being used is if they're tryhards who want the most kills on the team.

"Dont steal my targets"

See above.

"Exit on my command"

The host has the key, so he's within his right to tell you to exit - otherwise you lose everything. No-one, however, other than the host can tell you when to exit.

"Mark all salvage but nothing else"

Why the Hek would you possibly need Salvage? I have about 100,000 of it.

"Stay within 20 meters of my mark"

In Survival and Defense, that can be reasonable. After all, by staying together you guarantee a steady stream of enemies coming at you rather than having them all over the place or by protecting the pod. Other than that, pointless to say.

This however doesn't generate many new "friends".

Well, duh.

I've tried negotiating and discussing whats reasonable, but when someone demands you stop using your abilities, or change frame mid-game, what can you do?

You say "no" and spam the hell out of it unless it's a reasonable request by someone with rustled jimmies because they spent energy wasted because of your ability.

My suggestion is a new button: mute whiner

Sure why not.

So my poll is: What do you do, when you encounter these types?

Nowhere. Either we keep silent or we get along fine.

...I love you.

People who join survivals expecting everyone else to leave when That person needs to be somewhere.

The person who needs to leave when the timer hasn't reashed 15 minutes cause he has to go to school/work or something.

The Mother-FFFFFFRRAAAUUUGGGHH Stop joining sessions your not going to stick with!!

Nobody is going to sacrifice their time just for the sake of you who choose a bad gamemode when you have a short time frame.

People who join survivals expecting everyone else to leave when That person needs to be somewhere.

The person who needs to leave when the timer hasn't reashed 15 minutes cause he has to go to school/work or something.

The Mother-FFFFFFRRAAAUUUGGGHH Stop joining sessions your not going to stick with!!

Nobody is going to sacrifice their time just for the sake of you who choose a bad gamemode when you have a short time frame.

That's just more of a reason for them to update the extraction to where people can leave individually of each other, like people have requested before. Besides, there's four extract pods, so it may be possible to be a thing someday.