Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Prime And Rage

Knightmarez

Sorry to say but this topic has been so funny to read.

Your saying it's great to have something to work for (Primes) but cause you spent time, effort and resources upgrading your Warframe (like everyone else) and now a Prime has been released you want a Free Pass or whatever to get the Prime or that extra +25 Energy.

Even if it costs the same as Building the Prime your intentionaly getting a Free Pass and should not happen.
As you mentioned it's something to work for... So get off your high horse and go work for it like everyone else, just because you spent time, effort and resources means nothing.

Nothing? Why? Cause everything in this game is obtainable through effort, time and resources and then requires you to level it up and if you want to then upgrade it.

As stated before there are Devstreams and Forums and even a Wikia for people to find information out even if it may not be 100% true, but if your so butt hurt over something like this then maby this isn't the type of game for you.
This game is still in beta, yes i said beta (waves beta banner) so expect new things, changes and lots of things to happen but for this idea of yours is not something that should be handed out (Free Pass) for those who have this or that and upgraded it.

RNG is a *@##$ and will someday get fixed or sorted but farming for something new is how this game works at the moment.

I'm Bloody &!$$ed off! I just forma'd my loki 5 damn times. and NOW there is a loki PRIME with 25+ energy.

This is INFURIATING for obvious reasons. I would not of catalysed or formar'd my loki if i knew a Prime was comming i would not of done this.

I'm not asking for a refund, i just want a unique shoulder pad or chest piece that upgrades my energy 25+, but is only available to people who had a loki BEFORE the patch.

Make this unique item cost the same as building a loki prime.

Again, make it only available to people who had a loki BEFORE the latest patch.

This is fair , please a don't &!$$ me off anymore with this BS, i know its beta but RAGE

<3 warframe, <3 the devs

Then leave, go away, quit the game. I'd rather play with the smaller community with people like you gone.

They  need MORE unique attributes to prime frames. There should be a reason to have them other than 'its gold'. Rhino Prime was a good start (though they should have done something different than movement speed), Loki Prime a step in the right direction, hopefully they give all primes something special to make them unique (maybe not excal prime simply because he is unavailable).

Why in the hell would you need 5 formas on a warframe?

3 Forma on Loki and you've got the best build possible.

Also, really. They're forma. They're not hard to get.
And leveling things is the point of the game. Get to it.

They  need MORE unique attributes to prime frames. There should be a reason to have them other than 'its gold'. Rhino Prime was a good start (though they should have done something different than movement speed), Loki Prime a step in the right direction, hopefully they give all primes something special to make them unique (maybe not excal prime simply because he is unavailable).

DE stated that all prime frames will eventually have a stat boost.

Loki Prime has extra energy

Surprise. DE is releasing Prime versions of stuff they made earlier. SURPRISE! xD

Seriously... I have a multi forma Loki too and I don't give a damn about it. He served me well and I had fun.

I bet, OP would rage over every new Iphone coming out too.

Look, if you had payed some attention you would have known that Loki would be primed. Do you want to know what other frames will be primed without a doubt? Volt, Ash, Saryn, Trinity, Vauban, Banshee and Nyx. Will you rage every time they release a new one? 

Why do players NEED to have your idea implemented? I haven't seen a single person (other than you) getting so furious because he got his favorite item primed and RAGE QUIT the game, so please speak for yourself. Having to reforma the primed version of something isn't unfair, it's common sense. It's also pretty stupid to farm the godly looking version on loki just to get a probably goofy looking plate for your regular loki(also doesn't make sense lore wise). Chill out, its just a game. 

BTW congrats on the warning point

DE stated that all prime frames will eventually have a stat boost.

Loki Prime has extra energy

Sauce? Because I'd love to know if Ember Prime will ever be worth building when I already have a potatoed Ember.

Edited by Grilleds

I've spent who-knows-how-many-hours lvling up my loki from the earliest beta. It feels wasted. It's not about the forma as much as it is about the TIME spent playing and lvling, only for the thing to become obsolete.

If you *know* there is a boltor and a boltor prime fair enough, its your forma etc you've wasted.

but when its semi-random what is and is not primed each week......how do you know?

It's like being randomly punished for playing the game.

Same thing with my volt. When the volt prime comes out great, id have to build and forma that too? sure fine i've got the resources and id buy the blueprint with platinum...

OH WAIT but i'd have to spend HOW MANY HOURS getting it to lvl 30 3-4 times.

NOOOOOOOOPE i'll play something else thanks.

Again, its *only* old players who get effected by my suggested change.
they *still have to pay* the same resources as everyone else.
We should just get a special option to upgrade it. a ''soz you didn't know this would happen''.

all i'm really suggesting is 'arcane loki/ember/rhino/bo/etc'.
The amount of flame i'm getting is a sure sign its a good idea.

Edited by Knightmarez

What do you ask for in this thread? To make primes useless again with no pluses? To have NO prime warframes? To get a free loki prime with 5 forma just because?

They announced like 2 or more weeks before this update tht loki prime is coming, a lot more if you follow them on twitter and facebook, that was like a month ago when they said that the next primes are rhino and loki, so you can't close your eyes and scream and then complain no one told you...

This reminds me of the Hek nerf. "THIS CHANGE HAS INVALIDATED ALL THE FUN TIMES I'VE HAD WITH THIS [item] IN THE PAST! DE NERF TIME TRAVEL AND RETROACTIVE ENJOYMENT CHANGES PLZ".

In all seriousness, consider the following: Your forma'd Loki is, at current, probably better for your purposes than Loki Prime. While I agree that DE's approach to primes and such is stupid, we should probably all realize by now that it's designed this way to keep people playing for longer. Whether or not it works is debatable, but I believe Scott has stated they won't change the system on a livestream a few months back, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

In the end, weigh that 25 (or 53, as someone calculated above me) energy against the effort to level and forma Loki Prime, and make your choice.

What do you ask for in this thread? To make primes useless again with no pluses? To have NO prime warframes? To get a free loki prime with 5 forma just because?

Free? how about weeks of grind in my precious free time.

No prime warframes? NOOOOPE didn't say that, infact i specifically said primes are a good idea.

Make primes useless with no bonus's? NOOOOPE didn't say that.

I specifically asked to be able to upgrade my loki to a loki prime *at the same cost* as building a loki prime.

ALSO for this option . Lets call it ARCANE LOKI to only be available to people who had loki's pre-patch. I'm also asking for this ability to be done across the board.

Ember's rhino's bo's boltars etc are covered to.

It's fair and just on players who didn't know that the frame/weapon they are investing their TIME (and that matters more than the resources) would become obsolete.

It should also be a tradeable item, just like the helmets.

This is fair, just, and results in more platinum buying.

Edited by Knightmarez

&nbsp;

Free? how about weeks of grind in my precious free time.

No prime warframes? NOOOOPE didn't say that, infact i specifically said primes are a good idea.

Make primes useless with no bonus's? NOOOOPE didn't say that.

I specifically asked to be able to upgrade my loki to a loki prime *at the same cost* as building a loki prime.

ALSO for this option . Lets call it ARCANE LOKI to only be available to people who had loki's pre-patch. I'm also asking for this ability to be done across the board.

Ember's rhino's bo's boltars etc are covered to.

It's fair and just on players who didn't know that the frame/weapon they are investing their TIME (and that matters more than the resources) would become obsolete.

It should also be a tradeable item, just like the helmets.

This is fair, just, and results in more platinum buying.

&nbsp;

I don't want to ask, how naive someone can be, but you knew Prime versions would be coming out sooner or later. Loki is one of the older frames and seriously, if you think, you spent your time wrong playing the game then you certainly did something wrong.

I have a Loki with five stars and a Volt with six (I had to repolarize him due to the changes)!

But I won't go arround crying, because it was my decision to do this and they served me well and I had fun playing with them as I built them.

There isn't even any valid reason why I should suddenly play Loki Prime (I probably will because I like his design) and polarize him multiple times too (which I probably will do, too).

I'm hesitating polarizing my Akbolto because something tells me, it could be the next Prime secondary... who knows..

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

NOi didn't *know* prime version will be comming out. Prime for the frames from the tenno lab? don't know Which weapons will and will not be primed? dont know what order they will be primed, don't know if they will have stat bonus's or not, don't know If they will be primed WHEN they will be primed.

all of the posts on this thread saying how '' oh you should know better' is bollocks. Stop pretending you have psyhic powers and i don't.

and i'm someone who actually goes to the forums despite the usual internet culture!

Look i get that if you KNOW about a loki prime and then you invest in your 'starting loki' (lol....i remember a time when there was only the Excalibur prime) then sure its your choice.

What i'm saying is that it is unfair and unjust on people who invested countless hours in something when they *didn't* know its going to be obsolete.

My suggested change doesn't effect new players to the game, only the older players who got screwed over.

Edited by Knightmarez

Are you kidding? You're not the only one this crap happens to. You forma'd and potatoed your loki, DE didn't do it for you.

well yeah its bad, so it should be fixed. You don't ''suck it up'' when you got a stone in your shoe. you stop hiking and remove the stone.

DE has stated that *all* frames will eventually be primed.
They stated this when Frost Prime came out.
So if you had actually paid any attention you would know that Loki would be primed.
Further, when Rhino Prime was released DE stated that ALL prime frames will eventually have stat upgrades over their standard counterpart.

So dont go claiming that you had absolutely no idea and you should be given something to offset them releasing a prime version of the frame.

Further, its 75 energy with a maxed flow at rank 30.
Thats it.
Loki Prime has 525 energy while Loki has 450.

That hardly makes Loki obsolete.

You can still play your current Loki just fine, no problem what-so-ever.  Its not like Loki Prime being out suddenly makes Loki worthless and less effective.

If you put that much time into Loki just play Loki.
Stop raging that they released a prime version.  Just ignore it and play Loki and you'll see that things are exactly the same as before.
Nothing is forcing you to get Loki Prime.  Nothing is making your Loki weaker than it was before Loki Prime came out.

You have absolutely no reason to rage.

I've spent who-knows-how-many-hours lvling up my loki from the earliest beta. It feels wasted. It's not about the forma as much as it is about the TIME spent playing and lvling, only for the thing to become obsolete.

Where were you when Sobek, Boar Prime, and Strun Wraith replaced Hek?

Where were you when Galatine replaced everything?

Where were you when Braton Prime was introduced? Soma? Boltor Prime? Latron Prime? Paris Prime? Dread?

Acrid? Despair? Brakk? Ogris? Penta?

Nova replaced other nuking frames.

Rhino replaced casual frames.

Rhino Prime replaced Rhino.

Helloo??? Did you have your head in the sand this whole time?

Edited by Archistopheles

NOi didn't *know* prime version will be comming out. Prime for the frames from the tenno lab? don't know Which weapons will and will not be primed? dont know what order they will be primed, don't know if they will have stat bonus's or not, don't know If they will be primed WHEN they will be primed.

all of the posts on this thread saying how '' oh you should know better' is bollocks. Stop pretending you have psyhic powers and i don't.

and i'm someone who actually goes to the forums despite the usual internet culture!

Look i get that if you KNOW about a loki prime and then you invest in your 'starting loki' (lol....i remember a time when there was only the Excalibur prime) then sure its your choice.

What i'm saying is that it is unfair and unjust on people who invested countless hours in something when they *didn't* know its going to be obsolete.

My suggested change doesn't effect new players to the game, only the older players who got screwed over.

Then maybe after Frost Prime, Mag Prime,Ember Prime and Rhino Prime, I would have become veeeeery suspicious about that story of Prime versions. DE and consistency is something do be debated about, but the only thing that has consistency has been ignored by you.

So you may hate them that they tossed Loki Prime out, while you and your awesome Loki spent hours together. Why not continue?

Normal Loki is far from obsolete at all. It's like "Oh my god, the Iphone 4s rendered Iphone 4 obsolete."

This is nuts. Get over it.

See ya again, when Volt Prime gets released. :D

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Against my better judgment, one day, a few years back, my mates got me to start playing EVE Online.

I have no idea what being sent into the Void and returning again may do to one's body and soul, but I'm pretty sure attempting to play EO will probably do the same thing to you.

If there is one thing I have brought back with me is that nothing you might do in a game may ultimately matter. You might throw a months pay to buy gear, grind non stop 24/7 for a week to get something just the way you want it, and the next minute, the floor you are standing on is yanked away, and you fall into lava.

I feel for you over the changes, but you should never, and I mean never, do things in a game that you have no control over (ie not a single player one you can hack and mod to your hearts content like say, Skyrim) that you are worried about losing, because guess what, you will, every single time. Hell, I mean, fingers crossed, but if a freak asteroid struck the town where all the devs were, no amount of pleading would get back $500 in Plat you might have bought just an hour before when the servers go down.

No expectations, no disappointments.

Just make sure that each and every day you can look a game in the face and say "did I get my money and time worth so far?" and if the answer is "yes" then even if it's all gone tomorrow, it won't be an issue. If you are unable to do this, then I suggest you get a good shrink.