Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like Glaive Is Not Able To Keep Up Any More

Tyceus_Saclain

For how it works, it should be as powerful as bows. It's slower, it must be tossed again and again where as bows don't need the same arrow. Rarely see glaive anymore. Do these devs want a unique weapon like that to be ignored any longer?

And there should be a way to call back the Glaive almost instantly or make it return faster.

It still doesn't need ammo and it can take out a crowd of enemies (especially with a good amount of punch through)

Also:

250px-ModQuickReturn.png250px-ModWhirlwind.png

Where did you get Glaive needing Ammo out of that post? And bows can also take out a crowd of enemies(faster) so what's your point?

Edited by SirAuron

Where did you get Glaive needing Ammo out of that post? And bows can also take out a crowd of enemies(faster) so what's your point?

Bows are not good against crowds. The only way it will be effective against multiple mooks at once is if you're one of those heretics who use thunderbolt.

Bows need ammo, the Glaive doesn't.

Also, bows require multiple shots to take out a crowd (unless it's a conga line) whereas a Glaive can take out a crowd of similar size in one throw.

Depends on how well you can aim it, really.

Bows are not good against crowds. The only way it will be effective against multiple mooks at once is if you're one of those heretics who use thunderbolt.

I like thunderbolt spec when you have heavy cal and split chamber modded

thunderbolt damage is fixed, mods dont affect its damage, which is why sensible ppl dont use it for mid/high lvl stuff as it just tickles things.

Shows how long ago i actually used a bow.  And I thought about picking up my dread again....

Shows how long ago i actually used a bow.  And I thought about picking up my dread again....

dreads pretty damned awesome tho, deffo doesnt need thunderbolt, just shoot stuff in the face and your set, just pray the zombies npc's line up conga style as much as possible.

I don't have any issue taking out crowds with arrows. usually takes 2-3 shots and they are all dead. I don't even have to charge it and this was on Pluto.

And besides, I have speed mods on my Dread.

Bows need ammo, the Glaive doesn't.

Also, bows require multiple shots to take out a crowd (unless it's a conga line) whereas a Glaive can take out a crowd of similar size in one throw.

Depends on how well you can aim it, really.

But in the time it takes  for the Glaive to kill 'em all, the Dread would have cut them all in half.

If you're playing with Excal, Loki, or Ash, then you should go with a Quick Return + Power Throw build. Basically turns the Glaive's quick charge attack into a pocket Ogris that you can't one-shot yourself with (unless you decide for some reason to stack up on poison damage or something).

Other Frames can do this build as well, but it doesn't hit quite as hard as an actual Ogris since you can't induce stealth multipliers.