Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Attractor

BlueSabre

I've always liked bullet attractor, but the problem with it as most of you know, is that the enemy dies within about 2 seconds of it being used. A while back when DE made some changes to Mag they added a damage multiplier, which didnt really help the first problem and an explosive radial blast to bullet attractor which deals an insignificant 300 blast damage and quickly becomes neglible at higher levels. Now i've always thought of bullet attractor as a kinda substitute for snow globe, they both create spheres that absorb bullets and while it isnt nearly as effective as snow globe it is useful in a pinch.

So this got me to thinking, to make bullet attractor more offensively useful DE could change it so that:

A. It deals the total damage that was accumilated when the enemy dies, instead of that miniscule flat damage.

or

B. During the short window after the enemy dies, but before the bubble explodes let it absorb all incoming damage and then dish that out.

I feel that these changes would make that 75 power more worth it.

TL:DR? banana

can someone explaine wat TL:DR is to me ???

TL:DR according to what I have found means directly, Too Lazy: Didn't Read. It is basically a short summary.

And on the main topic bullet attractor is fine in its place as a pretty situational ability, though a minor buff like that would help it significantly.

If Bullet attractor had the absorb treatment, it would be a hell lot more powerful and might warrant Mag a slot in non void/corpus games.

boosting the range also has no effect on the explosion size, only the bubble size, i would like the explosion to be affected by range boost. It would probably also need to be toned down to like 50%-75 of damage dealt is added onto the 300 damage base if it were to become similar to absorb or else it might too strong, course that would need to be tested.

Edited by MarcusGraves

TL:DR according to what I have found means directly, Too Lazy: Didn't Read. It is basically a short summary.

And on the main topic bullet attractor is fine in its place as a pretty situational ability, though a minor buff like that would help it significantly.

Close enough. The true meaning is Too Long ; Didn't Read.

About bullet attractor, I had an idea some weeks ago : how about bullet attractor pulling all enemies in range to the dying enemy ?

I put the TL:DR there for the ones too lazy to read the post and provide constructive feedback

boosting the range also has no effect on the explosion size, only the bubble size, i would like the explosion to be affected by range boost. It would probably also need to be toned down to like 50%-75 of damage dealt is added onto the 300 damage base if it were to become similar to absorb or else it might too strong, course that would need to be tested.

You might be right about toning it down, but this is just an idea.

Close enough. The true meaning is Too Long ; Didn't Read.

About bullet attractor, I had an idea some weeks ago : how about bullet attractor pulling all enemies in range to the dying enemy ?

A nice idea, but it i think it would be better to stick to redirecting bullets or else Ogris and penta users would have a field day with this. Also vauban's vortex might not be too happy about this type of change.

Edited by BlueSabre

id actually prefer it if when the target thats affected by bullet attractor dies and another target is in the bubbles radius, then the duration left is halfed and the bullet bubble jumps to the next nearest target.

i'd rather have BA chain to enemies within a balanced radius until the duration itself ends, then it  would be worth the huge energy cost because it could provide some dps/CC support as well as do its' main job.

ala Mayas' special move with +100% chain.

Woah you guys might be on to something

Woah you guys might be on to something

having duration abilities chain would be my solution to every high energy cost power that lasts a noticable amount of time but only affects one target.

infact i would love it if EV chained to a different enemy within X radius of its' previous victims' death.