Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harvester Captures You, Friends Rescue You

JohnMarkLee

So I was watching the cinematic trailer, "The Prophet" and I thought how come this doesn't happen in-game? I thought about the secret Escape mission you have to do once you get captured by the Harvester. What about your friend break you out. Here is how it works:

1. Player is Captured:

So lets say BillyJoeBob101 gets captured by the Harvester. 

2. Player can choose to Escape or Distress Call

You can choose to do the Escape mission and Escape, or you can choose to send a Distress Signal to Lotus and she will notify all friends and clan members of your kidnap. Those who were notified will get a message in their inbox once they log in. 

3. Buddies come for the Rescue

Your buddies come to save you or... A AI of you. It will be like any rescue mission where they rescue your Warframe and help escape. However, theres a bit more to it than that. They have to go around and get your weapons for you or once they release you from containment you go get your own weapons. There is also another catch... If the guards pull the alarm Alad V will know of your rescue an attempt to counter your reinforcements with the Harvester. If they fail they captured also and if they succeed... Then you are rescued. Even if they manage to get through the guards without being spotted Alad V will be waiting for them at your containment and will release the Zanuka on you instead. So either way you get a boss battle. After you are released and got all your gear you extract and complete. 

4. Rewards

- Rare mod will be dropped by killing Zanuka

- Detron will be dropped by killing Harvester

I don't like the idea of getting caught and then getting rescued being a good or only way to receive the rewards from there...

Or we can have Zanuka spawn at the room before extraction once the solo player gets all his/her weapons/powers.

That means players who are captured have a choice: Go solo, or wait for a team?

Or we can have Zanuka spawn at the room before extraction once the solo player gets all his/her weapons/powers.

That means players who are captured have a choice: Go solo, or wait for a team?

As long as there is more benefit to not getting caught in the first place.

As long as there is more benefit to not getting caught in the first place.

Some of your weapons may be dissected by Alad V's troops while transporting a captured player (but one will always be intact to aid the player in escaping the facility). The weapon requires 1/10 of its crafting materials (if weapons = Prime or boss drops, then 1 Orokin Cell) to repair. 

This is just a very rough idea. 

Edited by Renegade343

I love it, but take out the detron parts thing.

I've spent months trying to get the detron and for it to just appear in a mission 100% is just plain silly. You got captured by the Harvester, not invited to harvest a zanuka clone.

And yes I do get that it's a rare spawn to get the harvester anyways, but now people will just have a friend get captured and get 2x the harvester.

Who knows, maybe im just over reacting.

I love the concept but gameplay and framing wise it is the wrong way to go.

People would be trying to be captured by the harvester, which destroys half the immersion already in the game (I know it ruined it for me when I wanted to play that escape level)