Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Infesting The Lotus?

Shehriazad

I mean darn...that would be a nice twist. Since the Lotus (at least the speaker of the Lotus) is seemingly a physical being (be it machine or human or android, infestation has no bounds) this would totally be possible.

Think about it...receiving a mission and seeing her transform bit by bit would make for a nice event.

Any thoughts about this?

Edited by Shehriazad

This sounds like a really cool idea!

But if she gets infested then who will be our mission control? We would probably have to lead ourselves and do things our way... which actually puts me in favor of this idea.

Then it'd be fun to have a star-chart with blank missions description, and you'd just have to jump in and hope you get something good.

That could also work for finding a way to fix the Lotus.

I mean darn...that would be a nice twist. Since the Lotus (at least the speaker of the Lotus) is seemingly a physical being (be it machine or human or android, infestation has no bounds) this would totally be possible.

Think about it...receiving a mission and seeing her transform bit by bit would make for a nice event.

Any thoughts about this?

If she's a Tenno she'd already be infected, and thus immune.

If the Lotus is really an AI, then as the infestation spreads, it won't entirely take over her at once. Only some parts of her as it spreads, therefore she knows what is happening, and tries to get the Tenno to help. Basically, in this situation, two conciousness's take form. One is her, another is the infested version of her. She fights it as long as she can before it breaks through to talk to the Tenno occassionally instead of her normal dialog, telling them to give up or to succumb to what lies ahead, etc.

"Tenno, the infestation has extended its tendrils deep in to our territory. You are here to clear it out before it becomes a serious threat to our operations."
"Tenno, the infestation is more serious than even I feared. Return to the homeworld immediately, and prepare to fight."

"You are here to keep the infested at bay while a lone Tenno operative accesses an emergency supply cache. I think there are emergency supplies here... I can't remember... "
"The infestation has crippled atmospheric systems. I cannot seem to regain control, prepare to recieve life support. And, good luck."
"Extraction is available, but you must keep fighting. You will keEP fiGhiTing."

"This base is transmiting crucial enemy intelligence. Tenno, capture the... no, wait, this is our territory. There is no transmission base. Exterminate all infested units, I'll be back shortly."
*radio silence for the duration of the mission.*

"Tenno, sensors show extrEmELy hIgH iNFestation in this area. Clear it out. Good luck."

"This reActor core is CRucial to the operation of defence shelters 6 through 12. Destory it. No, wait, don't destroy it, that would be bad. Defend the reactor core, I will attempt to arrange an extraction team."

"Tenno, the infestATioN HaSRep SJPske-io pods, we have reports of Warframe units showing highly eratic behavior. Oh, did I almost forget the life support capsules? Silly me. Extraction will be available in 5 minutes if you need it, but I'm sure you can handle it. "

"Exterminate all infested threats. We have reAsON to susPect that your teAmmates have been displaying erratic behavior, and may also be infested. Leave no one standing."

"Tenno, this appears to be the heart of the infestation. I am disabling your primary weapons and abilities. Good luck. "

"Tenno, the infestation has extended its tendrils deep in to our territory. You are here to clear it out before it becomes a serious threat to our operations."

"Tenno, the infestation is more serious than even I feared. Return to the homeworld immediately, and prepare to fight."

"You are here to keep the infested at bay while a lone Tenno operative accesses an emergency supply cache. I think there are emergency supplies here... I can't remember... "

"The infestation has crippled atmospheric systems. I cannot seem to regain control, prepare to recieve life support. And, good luck."

"This base is transmiting crucial enemy intelligence. Tenno, capture the... no, wait, this is our territory. There is no transmission base. Exterminate all infested units, I'll be back shortly."

"Tenno, sensors show extrEmELy hIgH iNFestation in this area. Clear it out. Good luck."

"This reActor core is CRucial to the operation of defence shelters 6 through 12. Destory it. No, wait, don't destroy it, that would be bad. Defend the reactor core, I will attempt to arrange an extraction team."

"Tenno, the infestATioN HaSRep SJPske-io pods, we have reports of Warframe units showing highly eratic behavior. Oh, did I almost forget the life support capsules? Silly me. Extraction will be available in 5 minutes if you need it, but I'm sure you can handle it. "

"Exterminate all infested threats. We have reAsON to susPect that your teAmmates have been displaying erratic behavior, and may also be infested. Leave no one standing."

"Tenno, this appears to be the heart of the infestation. I am disabling your primary weapons and abilities. Good luck. "

I like the idea and what not, but how in the void does she have access to our weapons and abilities? I mean she basically our contractor and nothing more. I can understand if were using a Vandal/Dex Weapon, since it been outfitted by the lotus herself. 

This gave me the chills!

I will províde you with a life time supplies of +1 is this gets in the game.

I like the idea and what not, but how in the void does she have access to our weapons and abilities? I mean she basically our contractor and nothing more. I can understand if were using a Vandal/Dex Weapon, since it been outfitted by the lotus herself. 

I've always thought that she has at least some control of our Warframes and weaponry.

I was opposed to the idea at first, but after reading this... YES. YES. YES.

EDIT: Oh balls double-posted.

Edited by fishworshipper

perhaps we have it that there are more than 1 lotus, if organic they are simply clones admittedly much superior to the grineer there template is based off one of the grineer queens. If AI thats simpler since they would just be copys housed in special hubs, having one of those clones/copys being infested and controlling a large part of the horde of infested could allow for infested operations and events, since the infested would not make simple attempts to infect systems but make coordinated strikes on key facilities, it would be up to the Tenno to stop that from happening.

The tenno come up with their own plan.

Lotus; "Tenno! Submit to the Flesh! Be assimilated! Become one! Shed the lie of individuality!"

Excal; "Loki! Trigger the alarms on this galleon!"

Loki; "What? You want us to fight the Infestation AND the Grineer?"
Excal;"DO IT! We need a security force coming down here!"

Loki; "O-ok- done, now what?"

Excal; "Lotus! What are you detecting?"

Lotus; "Sub- submit! Be- there's- a - l-lies, Flesh, large security force- c-coming your way-"

Excal: "It's working!"

Loki: "The hell what are you talking about???"

*Infestation explodes off Lotus*

"IT'S THE GRINEEEEEER!"

Excal & Loki, crying with joy; "we know it is, Lotus! We knew you'd come back!"