Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Eximus Overhaul Suggestions (Small Affinity Update)

Renegade343

Scrambler eximi's grenades should be a guaranteed full magnetic proc, with complete energy drain and shield drain.

You've gone to great extents to telegraph it.  That means it's now in the players hands to avoid it.  Unavoidable effects should have limited impact, yes.  Avoidable effects should be dangerous and failure should be punished harshly.

There is no point in telegraphing an attack if it's not going to force the player to take an action through severe consequences.

Edited by Phatose

Scrambler eximi's grenades should be a guaranteed full magnetic proc, with complete energy drain and shield drain.

You've gone to great extents to telegraph it.  That means it's now in the players hands to avoid it.  Unavoidable effects should have limited impact, yes.  Avoidable effects should be dangerous and failure should be punished harshly.

There is no point in telegraphing an attack if it's not going to force the player to take an action through severe consequences.

Maybe, but I really do not want to take away all of the energy. After all, a scrambled HUD and lowered shields is quite a death sentence when fighting any ranged enemy (especially those with hit-scan weaponry). How about draining 75% of the player's maximum energy?

Maybe, but I really do not want to take away all of the energy. After all, a scrambled HUD and lowered shields is quite a death sentence when fighting any ranged enemy (especially those with hit-scan weaponry). How about draining 75% of the player's maximum energy?

If you have half your maximum energy, 75% of max is the same as all energy. I agree, it should be 100% drain.

If you have half your maximum energy, 75% of max is the same as all energy. I agree, it should be 100% drain.

I already know about the maximum energy drain (just a bit of math) when I wrote it down. 

Not too sure about having 100% drain just for a grenade. I will need to think about this overnight. 

I already know about the maximum energy drain (just a bit of math) when I wrote it down. 

Not too sure about having 100% drain just for a grenade. I will need to think about this overnight. 

After thinking about it overnight, I am more inclined to give a 100% drain. 

Lack of attention to your threads makes me sad.

I will just bide my time until the Community Hot Topics 2.0. 

Then, my suggestion threads should garner more attention/feedback/criticism for me to process, integrate and modify, as well as be inspired by other people's ideas. 

Don't know why I've never noticed this thread, but I like it, mainly because it does away with the current Eximus types. The main thing I think is wrong with some of the Eximus types is that they use abilities that are the same as certain Warframes. This idea makes much more sense.

Don't know why I've never noticed this thread, but I like it, mainly because it does away with the current Eximus types. The main thing I think is wrong with some of the Eximus types is that they use abilities that are the same as certain Warframes. This idea makes much more sense.

So that means you think my Eximus overhaul makes more sense than the current Eximus, or am I reading it wrong (I am not too good at reading comprehension)?

So that means you think my Eximus overhaul makes more sense than the current Eximus, or am I reading it wrong (I am not too good at reading comprehension)?

Your overhaul definitely makes more sense.

The Leech Eximus's tentacle:

I think the normal Leech Eximus should, instead of latching on to you, simply knock you down and deal damage to your energy. EG: lvl 1 steals 5 energy, lvl 30 steals 30.

The Leech Eximus Leader, instead of having a second attack, would simply latch on and drain over time (leaving the target totally helpless). Since they would not have any drop not covered by the standard Eximus, they just wouldn't spawn in solo at all.

Also, what happens when they try to latch onto you, and you have Absorb or Iron Skin up? Do these abilities make you immune to some Eximus effects? If so, which ones? These are important questions to answer if these guys are actually gonna be implemented.

The Leech Eximus's tentacle:

I think the normal Leech Eximus should, instead of latching on to you, simply knock you down and deal damage to your energy. EG: lvl 1 steals 5 energy, lvl 30 steals 30.

The Leech Eximus Leader, instead of having a second attack, would simply latch on and drain over time (leaving the target totally helpless). Since they would not have any drop not covered by the standard Eximus, they just wouldn't spawn in solo at all.

Also, what happens when they try to latch onto you, and you have Absorb or Iron Skin up? Do these abilities make you immune to some Eximus effects? If so, which ones? These are important questions to answer if these guys are actually gonna be implemented.

But since it is called Parasitic Eximus, I want to make it act like so, by draining shields/health while healing itself. And simply knocking down a targeted enemy feels lazy and unrealistic. But I will take energy drain into consideration. 

Leader Parasitic Eximus has the flying parasite attack so it can also act as a burst healer, making players more aware and active when fighting the Infestation so that they would not just blindly rush in and kill. 

Wait a moment for Iron Skin/Absorb/other powers tweak. 

My main concern here is that it would look really weird without new animations to have someone stuck and tethered but still able to melee.

Also, will the Iron Skin or Rhino take damage when hit by the tentacle?

Edited by L33tV154g3

My main concern here is that it would look really weird without new animations to have someone stuck and tethered but still able to melee.

My main point of this thread is to overhaul the Eximi, which would include some new animations. 

But we can use the Scorpion's whip attack and latch animation, but make it so the player will not fall down and be pulled back, while immobilising the player (meaning he/she cannot move with the arrow keys), but be able to melee. 

Should be simple to execute.