Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atheist Or Agnostic?

AVEOX

omglob...u serious.....i thot i was the only one who did that hehe XD....i just like the badges at the time lmao XD

Its not about that for me anymore im going for my GMA this summer ive been putting it off and im looking forward to teaching a class also. I have never once met anyone online that went to RR now thiers two who would have thought. 

Its not about that for me anymore im going for my GMA this summer ive been putting it off and im looking forward to teaching a class also. I have never once met anyone online that went to RR now thiers two who would have thought.

I got my GMA last summer.

Well OP I like to say congrats for being yourself and choosing what you felt was right. Change is something very hard to accept in our human society. The Warframe community had its fair share of it as well. Damage/Melee 2.0 (something that took awhile to get use too, with the flak on the forum as well....). In the end, we accepted these changes, and adapted to it. I'm hopping for the best that your family accept your change as well. (Optimistic)

(Realistic now). I'm also really hopping you have a plan B. Such as a job to financially support yourself. Human tend to focus on the negative aspect in life, and blow it out to huge proportion. Hopefully they are rational thinkers, and see that your still "you" and a change of faith or sexual orientation isn't going to change who you are.

On another note, seeing these comments, have made my day, since the warframe community has been on the down side lately. 

I don't particularly believe there is a higher power, but I also don't particularly believe there is not.

I remain in between because the simple truth, to me, is that it actually doesn't matter. Is or is not just isn't a question I need to waste time asking myself. Fact of the matter is, I'd like to live and live well while I have time. I'll make the choices that interest me and not a book or a faith. If I'll be damned I'll be damned. They were my choices. If death is just nonexistence that's fine too. Not like I'll have much choice or be able to even care anymore.

The only time I'm even bothered by ideas like organized religion are when I'm seeing them clash with people's desire to live as they see fit. Protesting gays or harassing people of some other random faith or trying to slow down medical or scientific progress because it is against their beliefs. But often enough these things are simply a nuisance to me as none of them effect me directly.

Everyone has the right to believe exactly what they feels makes the world cohesive. Everyone should also remember not to allow this right to accidentally trample on the right of others - as so often tends to happen.

As for your experience OP, I share a similar situation - though less dramatic in my case. I have a link to a video that actually kinda sums up how I kinda fell out of my faith. 

well congrats yo...meh i did that when i was a kid....gettin into my 30s soon..sigh...wish i just stay 25 XD i be happy with that.

It's threads like these that make me proud to be a member of this online community.  

Not really much I can say that hasn't been said already, but, AVEOX,

mad props for telling your family your beliefs, not many people are able to do that.  I'm sorry that things aren't very pleasant at home right now and I hope it gets better.  I come from a religiously diverse family (pagan, Catholic, Mormon, Buddhist, Deism, etc.  Holidays are fun) so the idea of disowning someone for not sharing the same belief is hard for me to understand.

It does get better though.  Hopefully you're family will learn to accept you as you are, and maybe you stating your beliefs will help them question theirs and possibly be better people later on down the road.  But if they do cut you out of their lives, just keep in mind that your family doesn't have to be related by blood to be your family.