The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why God Why?

darthdart

Why is it that every single time I play mobile d and defense now, there is always that one person who ignores the objective completely and gets just out of range for exp for the rest of the team and just camps a doorway and kills everything?

Can't you do that a bit closer to the team so we all get experience? Do you not realize exp is shared when you are in range of someone else killing things?

I'm gonna start ignoring these people if they die honestly.

The time-tested solutions are:

A) chat "Oh, we aren't defending the Cryopod?  Okay..." and then go join them until...

B) when they die, don't revive them.

As somebody else said, this issue has been around for a long time, and in all likelihood isn't going to be changed by DE.  It's up to us, and these ways can get the message across.

Perhaps they could do another mission type then.

Not really a possibility due to the way loot tables work. 

At the expense of the enjoyment of the rest of the team.

People like them are the reason blacklists exist.

As far as I am concerned as long as the mission is a success people can do what ever they want.

Perhaps they find the game type really boring and do what they have to in order enjoy the Game.

Well I can see that..  I mean in real life there ARE in fact many people who intentionally act like a$$hats and dip$#its in order to have "fun" and while it's not necessary these people certainly do exist.  XD

In past Devstreams DE has discussed implementing a 'reputation' system, purportedly to deal with players just like the one the OP described.  Sadly, this has either not received enough dev time and attention to be brought out, or else they've just s**tcanned the whole idea.

In past Devstreams DE has discussed implementing a 'reputation' system, purportedly to deal with players just like the one the OP described.  Sadly, this has either not received enough dev time and attention to be brought out, or else they've just s**tcanned the whole idea.

I don't believe it's been forgotten, it was mentioned in more recent devstreams. But they also mentioned; either themselves or people on twitch chat at the time, that a system like that has to be made carefully because it can also be abused.

around the corner around the block, soon-ISH.....

Mm, well, some people like having fun instead of watching a doorway hero do it for them.

Sigh...  The doorway hero predicament in this game.  In the end it's a matter of human nature.  There are those who understand the objective and care about protecting it, while there are others who will basically leave it to others to defend it, while they go on a shooting spree.  A year ago this wasn't such a big problem, but now it's in every mobile defense/defense mission I join publicly.

I really think that it's a map design issue and spawning issue.  In some ways I feel there's not enough of a "360 degrees zerg rush" towards the object to make it so that a split second of not being at the defense objective will mean failure.

While I don't agree with the notion of Hallway Heroes...

If DE wanted to address this issue, they would have by now. This is an issue that has been kicked to death at this point.

As annoying as those players behavior is, we also have to examine our motivations for being there.

We joined a probably defense/survival PUG presumably for the extra safety, increased enemy count and chance at completing more waves for more interesting awards.

The offending player is fulfilling their end of the bargain by increasing enemy count and presumably killing said enemies. Just play the field a bit to ensure you get that portion of the xp, if that's what you're after. Make sure to run by their territory to pick up loot in between waves.

If they die, don't risk the mission rezzing.

Education and Insults hasn't caused those folks to adjust their playstyle...

DE hasn't put mechanics in place to stop the behavior...

You will have to be content playing the hand you're dealt or choose to run those solo going forward.

Recently, this has been happening a lot more to me. Yesterday everyone but me ran away from the objective, so after the first objective was completed I went to get the loot, and while I was doing so one of them said "defend" so I quickly went back to defend the next point and as soon as I did they ran off again...

Why is it that every single time I play mobile d and defense now, there is always that one person who ignores the objective completely and gets just out of range for exp for the rest of the team and just camps a doorway and kills everything?

Can't you do that a bit closer to the team so we all get experience? Do you not realize exp is shared when you are in range of someone else killing things?

I'm gonna start ignoring these people if they die honestly.

For what its worth, im mastery rank 10 and i had no idea that shared exp worked this way until now

Lately I've noticed people outright going 2-3 rooms away and killing stuff. Not even just outside anymore, literally 2-3 rooms away. 

Like... what are you even doing?

This is why I force myself to solo content now, and to be honest it really isn't all that fun. I feel like in earlier days people were more focused on teamwork. I don't remember this being such a prominent issue a year ago.