Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse - My God Has Fallen

Klazik

Question

Hello Tenno brother and sisters!

I decided to take a little break and stopped after getting Hydroid and Rhino Prime.

At that time my 6 Forma Synapse was tearing enemies a new one and so, I decided to test how the new Void IV holds up against my gun. To my great dissappointment my gun felt VERY weak. Normal enemies were dropping no problem, but heavy units were really tough! I started using Blade Storm to take them out, instead of using my rifle.

So, this leaves me with a couple of questions:

1. Did Synapse get nerfed since the Hydroid patch?

2. I could possibly be using a wrong mod-loadout. Give me some feedback? http://goo.gl/hJkJgu (I use vital sense and not speed trigger)

3. Are there better alternatives to Synapse now? A couple of new weapon came out (looking at the Amprex)

4. Did any Damage 2.0 weaknesses and strengths get altered?

Kind regards
Klazik

Edit: Fixed the build so it shows the real one I use and not the derp I posted before. For some reason it won't let me edit the build.
Edit2: Still need help here. Didn't get any wiser..

Edited by Klazik

You need Vital Sense in that build for sure. Replace Speed Trigger with it; your damage should almost double.

(Or, if you don't mind having horrendous ammo economy, replace one of your elements with it.)

Weapons that can achieve 100% critical chance have gotten a significant buff, allowing for a percentage of red critical chance to be obtained. This may be the issue if you aren't using a critical build.

I noticed that and pumped my point strike to max, but didn't really try a build made around critting (hammershot and the like)

Yeah change Speed Trigger for Vital Sense and Amprex burns through ammo too fast imo

I through on a puncture mod and rifle mutation. Extra pick ups are nice, but being able to hit multiple enemies and then chain from them with one shot really ups the damage dealt and ammo saved. :)

Replace Speed trigger with vital sense, replace the cold element for hammer shot.

I use the cold element for dealing with shields. You think it would be better with hammershot? It even gives less dps.

Try this: http://goo.gl/3Wiioq

You may have to sacrifice Cold damage for critical damage.

Your build will give me 2.1k less dps. Could you elaborate as to why I should go with that build? :)

I use the cold element for dealing with shields. You think it would be better with hammershot? It even gives less dps.

Your build will give me 2.1k less dps. Could you elaborate as to why I should go with that build? :)

Your DPS comes from your crit modifiers which is now 5.6x rather than just 2.0, also Synapse is a glutton for red crits, which will make your damage go even further.

Also remember that if you are using a weapon which relies on critical hits for the majority of its damage, headshots are even more important as the multiplier is increased to ludicrous levels. This allows the weapons like Synapse and Soma to out-dps things like the Boltor Prime. 

Also remember that if you are using a weapon which relies on critical hits for the majority of its damage, headshots are even more important as the multiplier is increased to ludicrous levels. This allows the weapons like Synapse and Soma to out-dps things like the Boltor Prime. 

Well, nice of you to point out, but I know this.

Guest Shibboleet

I use an all electric build with my Synapse, and it does pretty well . A lot of guns currently do not do well vs heavies, but this is natural with all of the armor being stacked on them. Throwing on a Corrosive Projection (More members of your party the better) will allow you to produce the damage that you expect. Using pure Corrosive is a good alternative if they still have armor. To answer your questions:

1. It hasn't been nerfed afaik.

3. I wouldn't use the Amprex for several reasons. Ammo inefficiency defines this weapon, and the damage isn't even that amazing.
4. No

Serration

Heavy Cal

Split

Vital S.

Point S.

Stormbringer

Jolt

Ammo Mutation (lower levels I use Metal Auger)

I love my Synapse =).

Guest Shibboleet

Not necessarily. Electric has a higher burst potential compared to any other element (In fact the only other element that aoe's is gas, and that is a slower burn). I believe Electric is also the most neutral element in Dmg 2.0, which makes it a nice pick for any situation. When fighting low-to-mid levels(1-50) and having a party with corrosive projection, using Punch Through + Electric causes so much aoe that nothing really lives past a few seconds. Thus saving a lot of ammo. If you're having trouble vs heavies that still have armor (Not 100% Corrosive Projection in your party), then Corrosive is better.

I could explain a lot better in a video or teamspeak, but hopefully this conveys my point.

Edited by Shibboleet