Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frame Did You Start Out With? What Is Your Earliest Memory Of A Noteworthy Event In Warframe?

Un1337ninj4

Excalibur U7

Still my favorite warframe today

My most memorable event has to be when I first met the G3, I've encountered Stalker before so I was familiar with the purple smoke. But what came after the flickering lights was an orange ring so i was like "wtf? whats this orange ring".

After the Lotus messages I was panicking, and then i saw them three figures. Mind you there were normal Grineer also attacking me, the one with the hammer was the first to die to my Dread, next was the one using the Hek and then the shield dude.

My hands were shaking as I collected their drops. I will never forget the day I actually had to move like a ninja to avoid dying.

I started with Excalibur, then bought the hunter pack and got Excalibur Prime, didn't really know how to play them or use their abilities at all as a noob.  Just running and gunning ala Gears of Warframe.

I purchased Ash with Platinum and he's still my main after 1000 mission hours.  I kinda wish I didn't buy him with plats, because I never got to fight Tyl Regor as much as I should have.  Well at least I got him when he was "on sale" (lol for 275 plat!!!) hehehe.

No regrets and I'm glad I started off the way I did.  If I started off with Loki I would have probably derped the first 100 hours constantly dying and then rage-quitting.

Excal a week after U12 hit

i started with two friends of mine, so we each picked a different starterframe (i woulda loved to get volt as a choice...)

first noteworthy thing for me was farming rubedo for the hind (love me some burst weapons)

i got matched with an extremely advanced player on a defense mission on earth, and he played with me for 3 or 4 times 20 wave defense to help me get my rubedo, he marked every drop he found and generally was just a good guy

Excalibur U12.6

Picked him because I thought it would have been the best frame to learn the game with, but ended up hating how boring his abilities were. Bought Volt about a week later and he's been my most played since.

Most memorable moments, first time I saw the G3 was in Phobos, they spawned two times in a row on the same node, wiped the team and tagged me both times. I didn't go back  to phobos for a long time after that because I thought they always spawned on that mission.

Also, I was very impressed with the Lephantis boss fight, the atmosphere and the shear size of Lephantis himself was awesome.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Loki before update 7 though im not sure. Could be 5 or 4 too /shrug.

When i first started there were hardly anyone doing the regular missions but it was absolutely fun to do. We were trying to get to the bosses and once we get to them it was tremendously fun. Hek was one hek of a boss fight. Often our ammo ran out before we kill him. Then i discovered that i was dealing huge damages with my melee when i use my invisibility so after getting Plasma Sword by chance i started to murder bosses for fun. I remember dishing out like 5k red crits to the bosses, locking Jackal down before it murdered my squadmates.

Good times. Now bosses doesnt make me feel that way. I see Salad. I fire a couple of seconds at him and his tincan pet and they die.

Started with an Excal... Around Update 2.

Making it to Pluto while still rocking that Excal with a Strun, Akstilleto, and Scindo was awesome.  Getting my first big boy frame (the Rhino) was also outstanding, it took so long to farm all of that rubedo back then, and the satisfaction of getting it built was worth it. 

Edited by JokerVictor

I started with loki in U4 or 5 (probably 5) earliest noteworthy memory is using switch teleport on decoys to glitch onto the outside of the ships extraction room (i think this was before wall running was added too).

If you meant like a weekend event/operation then i cant really remember which one the first one was, fusion moa? haha.

I started in the not-so-distant past of U12, with Mag. Sheer luck saw me sign up with mere hours to spare to get my Dex Furis.

As to my first real noteworthy event, it was three days in. I was Mastery One, and was joining in progress on the very first node on Earth. The following things happened:

A) The game bugged, and either dropped me in with no shields, or dropped me into a Nightmare mission.

Zwei) I was there for about ten seconds before the Grustrag Three decided to drop in.

I had no idea what was going on, and assumed both of these were part of the mission (because, newbie). I didn't actually look up the G3 until that happened, hadn't taken part in any invasions, hadn't even gotten any of my starter gear to max level. This of course brings me to what happened next, and where I spent the next several days.

Being a newbie, I naturally didn't have the Neural Sensor, and was shackled with half damage against Grineer, a planet full of Grineer between me and Jupiter, and both of the Interception missions in the game at the time directly in my path. I am very happy that when Hek left Earth, the Intercept missions moved out of the path to Jupiter, because I never cleared either of them.

Let me be clear on this, the only reason I didn't ragequit the game in the first week, is because someone told the newbie about taxiing.

Edited by Zetrein

I started with Excal, and the only note worthy event that happened in the game was when Lotus told me to rescue a person on a ship after an extermination mission, and after rescuing one person, she told me to go rescue another person, in which I was overwhelmed by the limitless spawning corpus and failed the mission in solo mode.

I started as an Excalibur back when CBT started... why did I choose Excalibur when I had Ex. Prime? XD

But, I restarted. Everything became too new for me, with all the new shiny frames and weapons thrown about. So from that point on, I chose Loki as my stater frame. I don't really use him much anymore... :l

Memorable event?

Edited by Zeus154

I picked Excalibur to start with, felt he was a bit weak, so I replaced him with Mag

I think it was the first time I decided to do the Mercury Survival, and of all people, Stalker decided to show up, of course I had no idea what was going on, I thought the flickering was my screen or the graphics freaking out or something, then I notice an enemy that was different from the Grineer, I got a few shots, but didn't have much I could do against him.

That encounter did not go very well...

Revived and got a Dread BP though

Started with Excalibur. Bought Nekros. Used him to help me get through some places giving me trouble in my earlier days. Then got Excalibur Prime. Used him in the Void to obtain various Primes. Nowadays I basically have everything, but not everything maxed out because i'm lazy now and like switching between my currently maxed stuff to have fun on various missions.

Good ole' Excal, U8

I think my greatest moment was meeting my original clan warlord in a random game. We both were farming for the Paris(I thought it looked awesome so that was my first decision for a new primary)and he asked me to join. Almost a year later, I'm rank 11 and still loving this game!

Mag, back in U6 or U7

Best memory would be my first encounter with Ancient type enemy.

So I was just running along with my squadmates, shooting everything taht moves. A group of Infested come around a corner and I started firing at them. Then, a Toxic Ancient suprises me totally coming just around corner. It runs at me and I start praying to God, Belsebub and Talos. Generally just freaked out like never before.

It one-shots me.

For a long time I thought Ancients were bosses.

Mag, a few months back. Most noteworthy events were my first stalker fight or my first g3. I lost to the stalker, but I was g3'd with a friend on a nightmare mission as a level 14 unforma'd Valkyr, with a level 3 boltor (also no forma), a level 6 dual zoren, and an unranked bolto. I won because Valkyr. It's possibly what hooked me on the game.