Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burst Weapons

ENDER357

so how many people use burst weapons? like the burston, the hind....

what is bad about them?

i have my own problems with them.....such as the fire rate being tied to FPS, and the RoF not truely being affected by RoF increase mods

what about everyone else?

I loved burst weapons, especially when they just came out.  I remember playing with my potatoed Burston for ages back in the closed beta.  Now, all they are to me is hard to get and not worth the effort.  I'm sure that I'll enjoy the Burston Prime, but with so many guns already and limited space in my inventory, there is little reason for me to go for it.

The hind is a strange puppy to me, as a five shot burst seems wholly overkill.  Spending five total shots per trigger pull per target sounds like a death wish both in long-term use as well as when against a large horde.

I think it's because we find that automatic weaponry is more exhilarating for your fast paced Warframe gameplay experience.

Just look at the Dex Furis c:

Edit*

Oh and I'm lazy... I don't want to have to keep rapidly tapping my mouse button

Edited by Bayle_Fire

burston prime is pretty decent.  but other than the fps issue, you have to time your next shot at the right moment, or it won't fire. (looking at you sybaris) I guess mousewheel is a workaround for this, but we shouldn't have to rely on a mousewheel for that. Plus ps4 users don't have anything like a mousewheel.

Edited by AlphaPsyCongaroo

i love my hind, got it up to 20-something % status with the eventmods so it nearly always gives a proc, and also modded a bit of crit-damage in because the recoil is near negligible (go for dem headshots)

also was my first main-weapon after the starter-set, so i guess nostalgia is a thing too

burst fire rate is heavily affected by frame rate so......no.

I loved burst weapons, especially when they just came out.  I remember playing with my potatoed Burston for ages back in the closed beta.  Now, all they are to me is hard to get and not worth the effort.  I'm sure that I'll enjoy the Burston Prime, but with so many guns already and limited space in my inventory, there is little reason for me to go for it.

The hind is a strange puppy to me, as a five shot burst seems wholly overkill.  Spending five total shots per trigger pull per target sounds like a death wish both in long-term use as well as when against a large horde.

i feel like the hind is the worst affected by the FPS issue, since its 5 shots take longer to get out it slows down substantially even though your FPS only drops to 15ish. and it could be useful if the actual bursts were affected by speed trigger

The burston prime is one of my favorite weapons in the game. To me, it feels like a burst latron which is my favorite weapon atm. I couldn't stand the vanilla burston though. That one left a really bad taste. The high recoil and slower burst totally killed it for me. This was much improved in the prime version and after potato and around 4 forma, it is one of my main weapons when i need to get serious. I like to keep enemies at long range and the burston prime excels at this.

However, I found extremely weird that I can't stand the sybaris. I thought it would quickly become one of my favorites since it's mechanics are very much like the latron. But for some reason I just didn't like it. The two shots are just slow, small magazine, and it sucks for fast moving targets. As for the hind, while it was ok, I found it impractical for the pace of this game combined with the style i like to play.

What's bad about them?

Well... They don't do as much damage as some of the full-auto guns that people often use (For most people this isn't an issue though - It's only relevant for level 100+ endless)

Their fire rate is affected by FPS and lag which can turn people away from them.

They're not very efficient for most of the game - You can mod them so that 1-2 bullets kill everything up to level 30ish, but you're forced to spend 2-5 bullets on every target regardless. This combined with their limited magazines (Made even more limited by the fact that you can divide the total by how many bullets are fired in the burst) makes them potentially frustrating to deal with.

Some of them have recoil that is just annoying to deal with (Regular Sicarus and Burston are the bane of my wrist - So much recoil to counteract by sharply dragging my mouse down)

They're not as versatile as fully-auto weapons which can fire in single shots like a semi-auto (Unless the fire rate is too high), in small bursts (Much like these burst rifles) and when they get overwhelmed they can go full auto bullet spray on a target or group.

So yeah...

The weapons are interesting - But for the most part they typically have far more drawbacks then the traditional fully auto weapons (Or even the semi-auto weapons which also deal with a few of the same issues)

I personally use the Sybaris quite a lot, though it's 2 shot burst makes it the least "Burst" like of all the weapons, due to shooting out the 2 shots quicker than the 3 and 5 shot bursts.

What's bad about them?

Well... They don't do as much damage as some of the full-auto guns that people often use (For most people this isn't an issue though - It's only relevant for level 100+ endless)

Their fire rate is affected by FPS and lag which can turn people away from them.

They're not very efficient for most of the game - You can mod them so that 1-2 bullets kill everything up to level 30ish, but you're forced to spend 2-5 bullets on every target regardless. This combined with their limited magazines (Made even more limited by the fact that you can divide the total by how many bullets are fired in the burst) makes them potentially frustrating to deal with.

Some of them have recoil that is just annoying to deal with (Regular Sicarus and Burston are the bane of my wrist - So much recoil to counteract by sharply dragging my mouse down)

They're not as versatile as fully-auto weapons which can fire in single shots like a semi-auto (Unless the fire rate is too high), in small bursts (Much like these burst rifles) and when they get overwhelmed they can go full auto bullet spray on a target or group.

So yeah...

The weapons are interesting - But for the most part they typically have far more drawbacks then the traditional fully auto weapons (Or even the semi-auto weapons which also deal with a few of the same issues)

I personally use the Sybaris quite a lot, though it's 2 shot burst makes it the least "Burst" like of all the weapons, due to shooting out the 2 shots quicker than the 3 and 5 shot bursts.

The burston prime is one of my favorite weapons in the game. To me, it feels like a burst latron which is my favorite weapon atm. I couldn't stand the vanilla burston though. That one left a really bad taste. The high recoil and slower burst totally killed it for me. This was much improved in the prime version and after potato and around 4 forma, it is one of my main weapons when i need to get serious. I like to keep enemies at long range and the burston prime excels at this.

However, I found extremely weird that I can't stand the sybaris. I thought it would quickly become one of my favorites since it's mechanics are very much like the latron. But for some reason I just didn't like it. The two shots are just slow, small magazine, and it sucks for fast moving targets. As for the hind, while it was ok, I found it impractical for the pace of this game combined with the style i like to play.

well i havnt gotten around to the sybaris yet......but it sounds like the kraken....which to be honest wasnt THAT bad of a pistol.....its just outclassed by nearly everything now days

well i havnt gotten around to the sybaris yet......but it sounds like the kraken....which to be honest wasnt THAT bad of a pistol.....its just outclassed by nearly everything now days

Sybaris is like a Kraken that performs right out of the box, and doesn't feel awfully sluggish without mods.

It also has a very reasonable reload and can be built for crit or status.

It's just a solid weapon that doesn't particularly excel at anything, but feels nice to shoot.

Ive just finished ranking the burston, for the mastery :) . I found its burst mechanic responded well to a max rank heavy caliber, as the accuracy wasnt overly lessend. In addition bursts are good for making headshots on the move, and ammo conservation.