Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework (True Paladin)!

HavocWolf

... But what kind of changes are made in this game, really? The changes to Nova's MP, Volt's shield, Valkyr's Hysteria, Ash's Bladestorm. Tweaks. Adjustments. Good design is making effective change within the existing system. Scrapping an ability altogether is only when absolutely necessary.

Funny... My reading SEEMS to be working just fine. Maybe you're just forgetful. Like how you forgot some very big power scraps that DID indeed change quite a bit of the core of the Warframes they changed. Yes, the core of a Warframe can and WILL be changed if it doesn't work. Oberon's core doesn't work. Some of his powers could just be retooled (Renewal, Smite), but Hallowed Ground and Reckoning just... are so lackluster and failtastic, they need to be replaced with something that actually synergizes with his theme and make him stand out as an Off-heal Tank that he's supposed to be based on DE's own description of him.

Edit: PS, I main Oberon. I love him. But even so, I feel he needs some serious work to bring him up to the standards they've set with the past few major updates. He was a rushed job.

Edited by Cradicias

Funny... My reading SEEMS to be working just fine. Maybe you're just forgetful. Like how you forgot some very big power scraps that DID indeed change quite a bit of the core of the Warframes they changed. Yes, the core of a Warframe can and WILL be changed if it doesn't work. Oberon's core doesn't work. Some of his powers could just be retooled (Renewal, Smite), but Hallowed Ground and Reckoning just... are so lackluster and failtastic, they need to be replaced with something that actually synergizes with his theme and make him stand out as an Off-heal Tank that he's supposed to be based on DE's own description of him.

The chunk you quoted directly contradicted you. I cannot conceive how you could possibly think you are making a point, aside from a massive lack of comprehension on your part. I even emphasized in the quote exactly where it does a super job proving you wrong.

You tout it as though it proves you right. It's actually funny. I actually laughed.

I never said they don't scrap a single power. They don't scrap an entire warframe's kit. I'm sorry about the challenges you apparently having with reading, but clearly, I need to keep it more simple for you to understand. We would hate to see you clumsily misinterpreting my posts any more offensively than this.

Aww, come on friend, no need to get all worked up.  Maybe I misunderstood you, it happens from time to time.

Now, you could have said exactly that without insulting me, but maybe you just like to insult people idk.

I still have no clue why you're just so angry right now (is it my name, it angers others too).  Whatever it is, I hope you would tell me so we can be past this.

The chunk you quoted directly contradicted you. I cannot conceive how you could possibly think you are making a point, aside from a massive lack of comprehension on your part. I even emphasized in the quote exactly where it does a super job proving you wrong.

You tout it as though it proves you right. It's actually funny. I actually laughed.

*Sighs* Only people who have zero respect for the opinions of others repeatedly insult them. The fact is, the way you've spoken in this thread has repeatedly made it seem like DE never scraps anything and that the only changes that should be proposed are ones that only tweak existing powers. But just plainly, some powers have to be dumped to make the Warframe better meet a theme and give them more utility.

I'm not even disagreeing with you, which is why I find it funny that you keep feeling the need to berate me. I even went as far as to say that two of the existing powers can be retooled, keeping their same general use with a few tweaks to how much they actually do for you. I'm also not disagreeing with the OP. Some of Oberon's powers need to be replaced. Hallowed Ground and Reckoning are prime examples. They do very little to actually continue the theme of "Paladin" that DE set for Oberon, and their actual use is literally just damage. He's a Paladin. Make Smite stronger, that should really be his only real damage power, then you have Renewal, the "holy healing" power. What you need now is stuff that builds on the Paladin theme. Armor improvements would be a bonus, team support, also a bonus. 

So, before you keep posting in here and make yourself just seem like a derailing #$&(% bag, put on the humble hat and be constructive. Constantly undercutting people and saying "they're wrong" doesn't make you right. Just makes you a jerk.

Edited by Cradicias

I never said they don't scrap a single power. They don't scrap an entire warframe's kit. I'm sorry about the challenges you apparently having with reading, but clearly, I need to keep it more simple for you to understand. We would hate to see you clumsily misinterpreting my posts any more offensively than this.

LOL but im not scrapping the entire frame XP his 4 is pretty much the same just a damage buff and a chance to drop energy orbs. His 3 still heals just in a different way and gives an armor buff (this is considered a tweak). While his one can either be completely different (divine spear) Or basically the same thing (smite 2.0 (tweak)) the only ability thats getting an entire rework basically is his 2

Edited by HavocWolf

Aww, come on friend, no need to get all worked up.  Maybe I misunderstood you, it happens from time to time.

Now, you could have said exactly that without insulting me, but maybe you just like to insult people idk.

I still have no clue why you're just so angry right now (is it my name, it angers others too).  Whatever it is, I hope you would tell me so we can be past this.

This is the biggest, try-hardiest "You mad" I've ever seen.

Good luck reading things before commenting in the future.

Edit: PS, I main Oberon. I love him. But even so, I feel he needs some serious work to bring him up to the standards they've set with the past few major updates. He was a rushed job.

I main his as well! and even tho his kit isnt as good as it can be, i still have found work arounds! but i still feel he could be better in both theme and abilities, which is why i have this thread up :)

Edited by HavocWolf

This is the biggest, try-hardiest "You mad" I've ever seen.

Good luck reading things before commenting in the future.

Sounds like someone has a guilty conscience making assumptions like that. Kinda like how someone who cheats in a relationship tends to start getting paranoid about their partner cheating too. 

I am not trying to say "You Mad"

I honestly want to know why you are so upset.

Is it because Wolf told you to get out?  That wasn't a very nice thing to do at all, but y'know evil begets evil.

Was it my font that told you I was "upset"? The formatting? Text size? Or are you just projecting?

Good luck with reading things before commenting in the future.

Was it my font that told you I was "upset"? The formatting? Text size? Or are you just projecting?

Think it's more the fact that everything you type drips of A******. Good luck socially adjusting and being a useful member of society.

Y'know nothing at all tells me that you are angry, nothing at all.

It just seems to me that you are angry, your posts, they drip with anger.

Trust me, I am not blindly defending this OP, I've told him many thing that I disagree with, many of them you have stated, but this type of attitude is not acceptable for the forum, half of this forum has been just you and wolf arguing and being hostile.

This thread needs to be locked.