The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

Why?

Since Closed Beta, the game has been out for one year, 8 months and a couple days. But why does that matter? People who have been here for more time... Have been here for more time.

What a silly nitpick, this is.

Alright, I was kinda over the line nitpicking here, and I will try not make more of such bitter comments, but the thing that I meant was that in a game as young as this there are a lot of players considered older, and being an older player says nothing about whether your happy with U14 or dissapointed in the progress. But it was very nitpicking for me to focus on just one word in the entire post.

Do you mean older player as your'e past your prime age wise or like you played from the very begging?  Because if your'e an old person then I can understand because generally speaking elders are set in their ways and they don't like change... now if you meant that you are a player since day one then your statement makes no sense as you should know better than the new players that Warframe has gone through several changes having entire systems, UI, and gameplay aspects majorly altered since closed beta.  So them changing the UI again is as part of the Warframe mindset as it ever was, and that is a good thing.

i do like the new helmets that are coming (though i also want alternate variation for prime helmets)

yes i totaly agree that alternate helmets need primed versions. it wont kill me to live without them but it would be such a nice addition. i hope DE does this soon

Edited by (PS4)DanceOnUrGav3

Let the hype crash and burn!

You're all expecting it to be what you want it too and when the hype doesn't make it to your expectations it eventually just leaves you disappointed.

Sutherland s Predictions for this major update!

- People will start making hype threads.

- People will be shocked by DE when they tell them the update won't be coming this week!

- People will start arguing when it will/won't come.

- When released people will get angry because it didn't live up to the hype and will make rant posts that are between10-1500 words long expressing said issues whilst people in response "debate" each others arguments denying each parties points resorting in both sides getting extremely angry and calling each other nicknames.

- One person will be labeled a White Knight even despite having fair points

- At least 5 people will get a warning point in the megathread of update 14 because they were stupid.

- At least 24 posts will be merged on the day of release resulting in one of the moderators to cower in there bedroom with a tub of Vanilla Icecream in hand.

- One of the developers will say something by accident resulting in people getting the wrong idea about the update. Resulting in said people making a number of threads about it without realizing it may have/not been a joke.

- There will be 1 game breaking bug in the update that means many players will once again be very angry.

- Sutherland will say "I told you so" because she was right the whole time.

- This post will be ignored and I will have to quote it later on when once again I was proven right.

- Maniacs trying to crash the hype train by spreading false information.*

so what your trying to say is that game over?

Let the hype crash and burn!

You're all expecting it to be what you want it too and when the hype doesn't make it to your expectations it eventually just leaves you disappointed.

Sutherland s Predictions for this major update!

- People will start making hype threads.

- People will be shocked by DE when they tell them the update won't be coming this week!

- People will start arguing when it will/won't come.

- When released people will get angry because it didn't live up to the hype and will make rant posts that are between10-1500 words long expressing said issues whilst people in response "debate" each others arguments denying each parties points resorting in both sides getting extremely angry and calling each other nicknames.

- One person will be labeled a White Knight even despite having fair points

- At least 5 people will get a warning point in the megathread of update 14 because they were stupid.

- At least 24 posts will be merged on the day of release resulting in one of the moderators to cower in there bedroom with a tub of Vanilla Icecream in hand.

- One of the developers will say something by accident resulting in people getting the wrong idea about the update. Resulting in said people making a number of threads about it without realizing it may have/not been a joke.

- There will be 1 game breaking bug in the update that means many players will once again be very angry.

- Sutherland will say "I told you so" because she was right the whole time.

- This post will be ignored and I will have to quote it later on when once again I was proven right.

- Maniacs trying to crash the hype train by spreading false information.*

This is without doubt the most brilliant post in the thread.

Very well done, lady.

I really don't know what you're getting at here.  And melee SHOULD be a core mechanic and they screwed the pooch on melee 2.0 BADLY.  Melee is a joke.  It drains stamina fast to use, it does less damage, and you have to get right up in there and endanger yourself just to be able to use it.  Why even bother with that when you can just stand back with your Soma and unload it into the bad guys from a safe distance while occassionally pressing 4 to kill everything?

Also for new players starting out, they won't even be able to take advantage of it as the Sword stances are "Rare"  and it could be quite some time before they can craft a weapon AND find a stance that works for it.  

Honestly DE needs to go back to the drawing board with melee 2.0.

no they dont need to go back to the drawing board, different weapons cost different stamana and i have NEVER run out of stamana before killing ANYTHING, i take on ancents and heavy gunners alike! sure i get knocked down some but thats the risk you take when you want to chop something up get over it! everyone talking about only being able to use this weapon and that prime and their press 4 to win frames, play something else! give yourself a challenge and have some fun! i honeslty cant beleive that its fun to just run around and kill everything in one shot or one button press and that is the problem with vertran players, want to have fun? try to get to wave 25 in defence using only castanas! now that is crazy.. and new players taking advantage of melee and stance mods? its not hard at all to find a fun melee weapon and a nice stance for it, i just came back to this game from when i played shortly after the open beta was released i only have 107 hours in this game and i have plenty of rare S#&$ that i could give a S#&$ less about because my phage and its tickly lasers are more than enough to take on anything and have fun doing it! the problem with the part of the comunity that has any problems with the new changes werent around long enough when the old stuff was here and this game wasnt half as fun! your problem is that you would rather play with your p4tw frame and the best weapon in the game and kill everything instanly, well sir that is not DE's fault, that is yours and when you want to actually have fun go use something that actually takes skill and a team.

no they dont need to go back to the drawing board, different weapons cost different stamana and i have NEVER run out of stamana before killing ANYTHING, i take on ancents and heavy gunners alike! sure i get knocked down some but thats the risk you take when you want to chop something up get over it! everyone talking about only being able to use this weapon and that prime and their press 4 to win frames, play something else! give yourself a challenge and have some fun! i honeslty cant beleive that its fun to just run around and kill everything in one shot or one button press and that is the problem with vertran players, want to have fun? try to get to wave 25 in defence using only castanas! now that is crazy.. and new players taking advantage of melee and stance mods? its not hard at all to find a fun melee weapon and a nice stance for it, i just came back to this game from when i played shortly after the open beta was released i only have 107 hours in this game and i have plenty of rare S#&$ that i could give a S#&$ less about because my phage and its tickly lasers are more than enough to take on anything and have fun doing it! the problem with the part of the comunity that has any problems with the new changes werent around long enough when the old stuff was here and this game wasnt half as fun! your problem is that you would rather play with your p4tw frame and the best weapon in the game and kill everything instanly, well sir that is not DE's fault, that is yours and when you want to actually have fun go use something that actually takes skill and a team.

Yes they do, melee is a joke and you know it.  It's not that hard to make a GOOD combo system with combos that aren't a pain in the &#! to pull off with pauses, and pressing backwards when you want to go FORWARDs to hit that bad guy 10 feet in front of you all before your teammate with the Soma shoots him in the head 30 times.