The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

I doubt it'd be this Wednesday, seeing as the first of July (Tuesday) is Canada Day, and DE's offices will probably be closed. So Thursday? Or MAYBE even Friday? It'd be better that way. I kinda miss Friday updates.

Edited by xZetsumeix

I doubt it'd be this Wednesday, seeing as the first of July (Tuesday) is Canada Day, and DE's offices will probably be closed. So Thursday? Or MAYBE even Friday? It'd be better that way. I kinda miss Friday updates.

I don't. Friday updates were a hotfix nightmare, being stuck with game breaking issues over the weekend is not cohesive to anyone's schedule or sanity. Neither us or DE. If they were behind on a small reinforcements update or something like that and it got pushed to a Friday, that wouldn't be such a big deal. But this is U14 we're talking about - possibly one of the biggest UI overhauls in the game's history. Changes this big bring equally big problems along with them, and I think DE has seen enough update carnage to know that holding off a day or two to release the following week would be the much safer option for everyone.

I don't. Friday updates were a hotfix nightmare, being stuck with game breaking issues over the weekend is not cohesive to anyone's schedule or sanity. Neither us or DE. If they were behind on a small reinforcements update or something like that and it got pushed to a Friday, that wouldn't be such a big deal. But this is U14 we're talking about - possibly one of the biggest UI overhauls in the game's history. Changes this big bring equally big problems along with them, and I think DE has seen enough update carnage to know that holding off a day or two to release the following week would be the much safer option for everyone.

Bah there weren't any truly game breaking bugs as long as you didn't have a terrible PC :|

Bah there weren't any truly game breaking bugs as long as you didn't have a terrible PC :|

In the past their weren't, but since then I think we've all experienced our share of them, examples that come to mind are bugs like when every single locker in game was faulty, login bars not appearing, and countless clan event score-related debacles. Had those been on Fridays, it would've taken much longer to fix them and been twice as annoying.

In the past their weren't, but since then I think we've all experienced our share of them, examples that come to mind are bugs like when every single locker in game was faulty, login bars not appearing, and countless clan event score-related debacles. Had those been on Fridays, it would've taken much longer to fix them and been twice as annoying.

Only one of those is actually game breaking.  I'd rather have it sooner since there will always be bugs and very few have actually prevented major portions of the player base from playing the game at all.

PC performance doesn't make bugs go away.

No, but it makes performance related bugs a lot less noticeable.  I've also personally never run into any of the crashes that have been noted in hot fixes

Edited by Aggh

Yep. Didn't expect U14 this week. Not surprising. I doubt it'll be next week either. Week after next, maybe. I'm expecting it to come out at the end of July. If it comes before that, then great.

Nah, it'll be the week after the week after that.  Maybe.

Edited by Aggh

No, but it makes performance related bugs a lot less noticeable.

True.

I've also personally never run into any of the crashes that have been noted in hot fixes

Ditto, they're mostly marginal cases though, they do test stuff you know, if something had a 100% crash-rate they wouldn't release it, it's probably a bit harder to replicate, say miss some networking packets, use a particular computer setup or loadout etc.

Only one of those is actually game breaking.  I'd rather have it sooner since there will always be bugs and very few have actually prevented major portions of the player base from playing the game at all.

In your opinion, only one of those is game breaking. Lot's of people play the game differently from you, and for them issues such as the ones I listed matter to some people greatly. Just take a look at the most recent event if you don't believe me, we had clan score bugs coming up to our waists, and people were understandably peeved.

And to respond to your second sentence, I point to your second statement:

No, but it makes performance related bugs a lot less noticeable.  I've also personally never run into any of the crashes that have been noted in hot fixes

So basically everyone should go get a better PC so that performance bugs such as consistent crashing and clipping aren't a big deal. Sounds like a solid solution, let's do it. I take it you're ready to shell out a few thousand dollars to buy a couple of nice PC's for people that have crumby ones? Glad to hear it. We're on the road to a bug-less game already, things are lookin' up. Because fixing those performance issues is just too much of a hassle - obviously the solution is to outfit every Warframe player with a better system. I see much clearer now, thanks.

In your opinion, only one of those is game breaking. Lot's of people play the game differently from you, and for them issues such as the ones I listed matter to some people greatly. Just take a look at the most recent event if you don't believe me, we had clan score bugs coming up to our waists, and people were understandably peeved.

And to respond to your second sentence, I point to your second statement:

So basically everyone should go get a better PC so that performance bugs such as consistent crashing and clipping aren't a big deal. Sounds like a solid solution, let's do it. I take it you're ready to shell out a few thousand dollars to buy a couple of nice PC's for people that have crumby ones? Glad to hear it. We're on the road to a bug-less game already, things are lookin' up. Because fixing those performance issues is just too much of a hassle - obviously the solution is to outfit every Warframe player with a better system. I see much clearer now, thanks.

No, in most peoples' opinions they're not game breaking.  The number of people playing in clans that actively compete for trophies make up a small portion of the game's population.  The number of people playing in clans that are capable of actually competing in those events is a tiny portion of the overall player population.  The number of people that actually care about being able to loot lockers?  Come on.

You're implying that you need to spend a couple thousand dollars to run this game properly :|

Most of the people running into major issues are barely running the game well if at all.  Ie people still on 32 bit operating systems and trying to play on lap tops with integrated graphics. 

Nah, it'll be the week after the week after that.  Maybe.

nah it wont - its coming to close to the typical Major update date length - it will be the 9th most likely trust me 

think about it everything you had seen in the stream was nearly finished just refining and polishing and a couple other steps needed to be taken and since that livestream im sure they have worked on it alot along with other things

so im sure 1-2 weeks is the total max before we can expect the update